What Are You Looking Forward To About Childbirth?

The satisfaction of knowing I have successfully grown a human being!!

And not being pregnant! (sorry, it has to be said :rofl:)

me and oh meeting baby and seeing what she looks like, first cuddles, breastfeeding, going home as a family x x

Watching my husband turn green when the cut me (hehehe), seeing my baby rather than just feeling him and not being pregnant anymore.

I cant wait for alot of things, some have been mentioned before!

My first contractions/waters breaking to signal the start of the end of our journey.

Finaly getting to meet our LO with my Hubby by my side.

At last making us no longer a couple but a little family.

Attempting to breastfeed.

Just being proud to EVERYONE at the little human Hubby and I have made together.

:cloud9:

Emma.xx

I'm looking forward to going through it and finding at the end of it this whole new life that I've grown by myself. I'm quite looking forward to the birth. The pregnancy's been dire so I'd like to redeem myself during labour!

Meeting my LO for the first time, just looking into his/her eyes and knowing he/she has grew inside ME, stroking their face and just thinking to myself, my precious little baby for the rest of my life!

Most of all, i cant wait for OH to meet him/her, don't get me wrong i will be over the moon myself, but just getting through the 9 months of pregnancy, after all the moodyness and arguments ive caused through hormones, handing over our baby and saying ' heres your son/daughter'.

:cloud9:

Seeing what my baby looks like. I just can't imagine what she's going to look like. It's so exciting. Holding her, and giving her the best life possible.

Oh,and finally being back to normal. :)

:DI like this thread -- it makes me feel all gooey inside.

I have this kind of morbid curiousity about labor... I am looking forward to seeing exactly what it's like and how I handle it. Kind of weird, I know.

I'm most looking forward to meeting LO for the first time. When he's all cleaned up and lying on my chest. Just feeling his skin against mine and taking in that new baby smell. Seeing his big, beautiful eyes open up and look at me. Watching him breathing and sleeping. Hearing him cry. Touching his little hands and feet and marveling at his little fingers and toes. Seeing DH cuddling his son for the first time. God, there are just so many...:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Feeling that first contraction or my waters breaking.. getting that first 'sign'.

Feeling the amount of love that everyone talks about when you have a baby as it's still something that I just cannot comprehend.

Being able to look down at my lil baby and at my OH and being able to say I'm a mum, he's a dad and we're now a family.

I'm sooooo excited now after reading this thread!! :cloud9:
I'm gonna print this out and pin it somewhere I think and read all the lovely thoughts every time I get anxious about labour. Thanks girls x

The satisfaction of knowing I have successfully grown a human being!!

And not being pregnant! (sorry, it has to be said :rofl:)

totally agree there!

I cant wait till they plonk that baby on my chest and i hear that cry for the first time and then I can go and lie on my tummy and sleep. Becase my poor hips and back cant take anymore.
I just want to see whats caused all this sickness and what I have been getting excited and fed up about at the same time. So labour is welcome when the time is right.

im looking forward to my dh meeting his firstborn, i have 3 sons already but its a new experience for him xx

Gosh - I'm looking forward to quite a few things actually -

I can't wait to see hubbies face when he sees baby for the first time :D

I can't wait to meet baby for the first time :D

I can't wait to prove to myself that I can cope with birth

I'm really looking forward to us being a family of three

I am looking forward to not being pregnant too - although I may change my mind when the time comes :D

I'm looking forward to the whole experience! x

I'm looking forward to the whole experience as well. I can't wait to see my baby for the first time and to see my dh's reaction.

I was looking forward to seeing how I would handle being in that much pain, and my oh meeting his daughter!

All of the above and seeing what she looks like ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->