What are you putting where in the nursery?

Waiting4JorM

Reaction score
As in, what kinds of things are you putting on or near changing table, what's going in drawers, what's going in baskets, etc. Got a whole heap of things and struggling to know what's going to be best to have at hand in which part of the room!

I've got wardrobe which has all her clothes on hangers and then on the floor of the wardrobe is the nappy changing box. I'm not having a change table, just a change mat on the floor so I will take the box out each time. I'll also have nappy changing box downstairs in the lounge & use the folded change mat from my bag for in their.

Chest of drawers with four draws....drawer 1 - vests, drawer 2 - socks, tights, knickers, drawer 3 - bibs, dummies, drawer 4 - muslins!

Then her cot. I do have an organiser that I could fix to the cot for bath items etc but I am attaching this to my stairs bannister which is next to the bathroom so it's easily accessible.

I'm not having any baskets or anything like that on show as its a fairly small room & I don't want it looking cluttered. Everything will be behind doors. I may get some shelves for books/trinkets when she's older.

We have a window that takes up one whole side of the room so that is making it tricky as I don't want the bassinet or cot under a window or even really on an outside wall even though our house is well insulated.
I use a change table for the first 6 months or so so have that next to the drawers with the basket of changing stuff on top.
I used to have a feeding chair in the room but last baby I just fed in the lounge.
I keep it fairly simple,change table then change mat on the floor, cots, drawers, and wardrobe. I do have a clock and a small lamp with a low wattage bulb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->