what are you spending your mat grant on?

jem_5500

Reaction score
mine has just hit account and wasnt sure how to spend it.. maybe car seat base and the some mat bras and ....

whipping out of bank so that they cannot eat it!

Maybe toys for christmas for bubs?!

Just curios about your plans really

My plan was to get a few more items for LO that we still have not got yet, a nice new haircut for me since its not been chopped since January :)shock:) and some more maternity bras!

nappies, some formula
oh and holiday spends lol as I will stock up on baby clothes in the states, theyre cheeper and better quality

Im gonna get bits for my hospital bag and a mattress for the cot (the cot was mine from when i was a baby!) and i will probably save the rest for when bubs is here to go towards nappies etc! xx

Is it bad that I want to spend mine on a new oven?

We are moving house, hopefully before the baby is here (fingers crossed - but it is taking an age!) and I love cooking and really want to have a great range oven like the one in my current house, and I can't take that one with me.

I do feel slightly guilty ;-)
x

I lik eidea of a hair cut...

it is a health in preg grant so an oven helps keep you healthy for cooking :D

no it isnt bad

you spend it on what you need

your baby will benefit from an oven int he long run, Im desperate for one lol,

I'm just getting stuff as I go along so I've earmarked the money (eventually) to be going towards a tank of oil for the central heating!

I had to buy 2 new tyres for the flippin car!! Cost me 120 quid!! Then the rest went on some maternity bits for my hospital bag- mind you, without the new tyres on the care I might have trouble getting to the hospital.lol

i like finding out what people are buying its coz i am nosey!

I had to buy 2 new tyres for the flippin car!! Cost me 120 quid!! Then the rest went on some maternity bits for my hospital bag- mind you, without the new tyres on the care I might have trouble getting to the hospital.lol

Our car needs 4 new tyres at some point in the next 4 weeks, oh and it's a coupe so needs the expensive ones......gosh darn it! But like you say, without them, I may be forced into a home birth! :dohh::lol:

We bought hypnobirthing classes. Money well spent I hope!

Our car needs 4 new tyres at some point in the next 4 weeks, oh and it's a coupe so needs the expensive ones......gosh darn it! But like you say, without them, I may be forced into a home birth! :dohh::lol:

A chunk of mine ended up going on the car tax :( But like you say, without the cars, we are kind of stuck to get to work to earn the money to buy more things with!! Oh, and getting to the hospital!!

I suppose with my car being nicked in feb the new one means we dont have to worry about tyres!! :S

Its nice that people are spenindg it on such a range of things

hey just noticed people have text buddies! i dont have one!!

anyone out there>?

well with my car it had an engine management fault, needed a service and an mot so I did a part exchange to a smalle car last friday lol costs less newer car cheeper tax and insurance gone from a zafira to a focus

I already had some stuff, so i splashed out and went for an dream pram, i got myself an xplory.

We're putting it towards the car we need to buy before LO gets here, but i'll also be getting a haircut ;)

Mine got lost somewhere in my bank account transactions list... between council tax, water, gas and a big shop at Tescos one week, it completely disappeared!:winkwink:

Well, I expected it to take 4 weeks to reach my account, and typically it appeared in my account a week later, the day all the bills went out, without warning, so like NuttyJester, got mostly swallowed up.
I was really looking forward to spending it all too!!
So after paying myself back (in a way) on hubby's payday, I went out and bought all the cot bedding, mobile and changing unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->