What are you waiting for?

MamaByrd

Cautiously pregnant with #2
Reaction score
We all have our dreaded list. The things we hope to take care of before TTC our first, or next little one. What's on your list?

My List:

-OH has to come home from deployment, obviously! :happydance: April '14.
-Move to South Dakota. :dohh: April '14.
-OH out of the military. :drunk: June '15.
-Move to New York! :thumbup: June '15.
-Wedding. :wedding:August '15.

Then it's party time! :sex:

Yikes. Looks like I'll be here a while!

I just need to make it to the point where I would fit in my wedding dress for my wedding in April '14. About 3 months to go and it still feels like forever.

:wacko::wacko:

1. The go ahead from my hubby
2. Possibly a bigger house... although we could make it work where we are now.

It seems like a lot on mine.

1. Finish school.

2. Move out on my own.

3. Meet that special someone.

I don't even know what else.

Oh sigh...the LIST. I feel like we got past our list already! Everything has fallen into place! After getting pregnant at 18....6 years later we've accomplished the military, moving, both college graduates, marriage hubby taking a great job overseas, hubby starting his masters, having awesome savings and now we are in a place where I am a SAHM?! It all makes sense!

He just happens to have excuse after excuse :( He says he will be ready in December...so we will see. He did move it from April to December so I guess I just better shut it and be patient. But i've been patient this long!

Mainly now he says its because of his Masters..he will be done in 9 months and wants the baby to be here AFTER that....but I think if we conceived now we'd be ok right?...men lol!

This list has to be done by the time baby could potentially come...so to be completed by January 2015:
-Buy a house
-Pay off student debt (mine will be gone in 2 months!! and then another year to pay off DH's )

At this point, we're only really waiting because we decided on the TTC date and we're going on a babymoon, so doing it any earlier would be anticlimactic. I guess we're also saving more money by waiting a bit longer, but technically we are ready now. Again, just waiting for our holiday and NYE, which is our date.

My list feels a mile long :(

- Get DH on board
- Move house
- Get some savings behind us
- Get LO out of nappies
- Finish college and then university.

Here's mine!

1. Get married in May!
2. Save for deposit and buy a house...

Could be a while!

Our list before ttc baby 3:
- enjoy Annest being a baby and both the girls growing up
- have Tanwen out of nappies and in school part time (January 2015)
- move to a bigger house (looks hopeful for September 2014!)
- I'd like for Tanwen to be in school full time by the time baby's born, which won't be until January 2016!

As a result of this we're waiting until December 2014 to see what position we're in and I'm expecting April 2015 to be the earliest we can start! Annest will be 19 months by then so we'd be looking at a minimum of a 28 month age gap between the 2 youngest! :)

Beca :wave:

1.) Hubby finishing current assignment (April 2014)
2.) Moving to his next duty station and getting settled in (Summer 2014)
3.) Determine if we can afford for me to continue to be a SAHM, or if I need to resume my career and figure out daycare (Summer to Fall 2014)
4.) Would like to be back down to 120 lbs, at 148 right now (17 lbs lost from my prepregnancy weight :happydance:)

We've agreed on late 2014 to start trying for the next one, but deployment or a hardship tour could nix that. I'd rather wait until he can be home to experience the first year of his child's life since he's missing out on Evelyn's right now. :(

Just get to that dreaded doctor to have the 'ok' and get fertility meds!

I'm just waiting to finish uni in March next year, and to make sure I have a job when I qualify. Other things, such as pay off as much of my credit card as possible, would be nice to achieve, but not necessary before starting TTC.

Hi girls! I'd like to join in if you don't mind, kind of fills the time while WTT!

Waiting for REALISTICALLY:

-DH

To make myself feel better:

-Finish home remodel
-Pay off credit card debt
-Ride my horses more
-Financially more comfortable with our business
-on.... and on.....

:). Trying to remember that being baby-less is also great because of the freedom.... not very convincing yet!

1. Save money for maternity leave.

Although I'm sure one that's done OH will have another reason to wait :(

1. Save money for maternity leave.

Although I'm sure one that's done OH will have another reason to wait :(

oh my goodness same here, trying to save at least £4000 but can be saving that when preggo too. I reckon a year will do it :) I am not taking any excuses from OH as already waiting long enough ahahahaha

MissN8, we're thinking roughly £3/4k, hopefully TTC from next nov/dec.

we are waiting for....

-lose the extra weight I had gained during my pregnancy with DS and get in shape
-DH to finish his schooling
-DH to get a better paying job
-both kiddos to be out of diapers
-DD to be in school full time and DS to possibly be in school part time
-me to go back to college and get my degree
-get a kitty cat :) (ok not relevant, but I'm really excited about this one!)
-renovate parts of the house (kitchen, and all 3 bathrooms)
-replace carpet in living room with hard wood flooring
-buy new dining table, hutch for china, and furniture for sun room
-finish and reorganize basement
-move DH's home office from baby to be's room to basement once basement has been finished

We've got quite a bit, I'm giving it 4 or 5 years to finish the majority of it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->