What are your pg changes that you are dealing with?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by The Alchemist, Nov 16, 2011.

1. The Alchemist

The Alchemist Sahm to 2 under 2

And are you doing anything for it?

There are many changes, but some keeps you from having a good day.

For me, I have been having back pain that keeps me from having a good night of sleep. It seems to worsen at bedtime, after I have eaten dinner. I phoned the nurse and she said to invest in pregnancy girdle, take tylenol only, and un-medicated heat paches are okay.

And also.....pre-pregnancy, I've had two very small hemorrhoids. However, at the start of my 20 weeks, I woke up to it being enlarged and for a whole week, it was painful to the point where sitting on the toilet to pee hurts as it spreads out. And sometimes, I feel it throbbing. Until yesterday, the pain lessened but the size stayed. For this, I don't know how to treat it :nope:

Anybody else suffering any pg changes? What are you doing for it? Has it affected your lifestyle?

2. plastic

plastic Mother of 1 (Expecting)

Swollen feet are my hate at the moment, my ankles are like balloons, I am 22 weeks and thinking I can't take another 18 weeks of this!!

Also I am having this kind of reflux going on, where I am not vomiting or being sick I am just bring food back up....its horrible and generally caused by movement :(

Everything else I can deal with, the price to pay to grow my boy!

3. BleedingBlack

BleedingBlack Well-Known Member

Hemorrhoids. I havent had those since I was pregnant with my son but they came back already ugh.

I've already jumped a cup size and the boobies are still rapidly growing.

Heartburn from hell!

Increased back pain. I had bad back pain pre-pregnancy but it's much worse now.

And now I'm slowly approaching my "breaking point" in pregnancy when I start running into problems with contractions, preterm labor, and my cervix shortening so I'm trying to gear up for that because it's bound to happen soon.

4. Bumpywilliams

Bumpywilliams Well-Known Member

Restless sleeping!!

I'm driving my OH mad as I can't get comfy and it doesn't matter what position I'm in.
    I get up to pee 4 times a night and when I do, the baby wakes up and starts kicking , which makes it harder to get back to sleep.

I know it's only going to get worse as I get bigger. Arghhhh

5. swalumni

swalumni Mama of Two

Acne like whoa. Crazy hair growth..which is only nice on my head. Lower back pain. Headaches. Heartburn.

Biggest annoyance is hotflashes and super sensitive gag reflex. I swear, my DH can sneeze weird and it makes me gag for ten minutes. Dh's breath is the worst for me right now. I can hardly bear the dentist.

6. judge12

judge12 Guest

My boobs have gone up two bra sizes. I used to b quite small up top so having big boobs is all very new too me! I do want them too go down once had baby.

My stomach getting bigger now too and oh yeah I getting a hairy chest! I hate it!

7. Borboleta

Borboleta Well-Known Member

My stomach just doesn't feel the same. It is kind of hard to explain actually. A little nausea here and there, heartburn, tiredness is starting to come back, bump is kind of sensitive as I did popped the last 2 weeks. Sleep depravation is normal to me since 6 weeks pregnant so I am actually getting used to it now:). Back pain.
    But one thing I am happy about it is that I am not constipated :winkwink:! I try to eat fiber one cereal in the morning and it seems to help:).
    I am just wondering how heavy I am going to feel in the next month or two! Oh well is all worth it:).

8. AngelUK

AngelUK Mummy of twin boys

My greatest change is that I cannot get comfy at night and keep waking up to turn over. My hips hurt even with my pregnancy pillow if I lie on either side and I often wake to catch myself lying on my back which actually feels like blessed relief after hours of torture on my side.
    My fingers are so swollen that when I take off my ring, which used to sometimes fall off in cold weather, I now have an indented red mark.
    I can only walk at snails pace since I get horrible stabby stitchy pains in my belly when I walk too fast.
    My nipples have grown and I do not like the look of them at all. I also get weird lil skin tags that are hardly attractive. :?

9. The Alchemist

Oh yes, the frequent urination hasn't stopped. I was really looking forward to it stopping once second trimester st arted but seems as if it has gotten worse :(

And you betcha. No sleep=tiredness

10. EarthMama

EarthMama Mom of 2 & pregnant!

Right now...rib pain. :-( hurts pretty bad from organs getting pushed up and pressure on my ribs especially after eating.

11. babyv_s2012

babyv_s2012 1st little princess

Constant back and hip pain resulting in sleepless nights and me hobbling about like a 90 year old.

Acne like a teenager even though i never had acne as a teenager lol

Huge engorged and really sore boobs (36H at the moment)

Not been able to cook my poor extremely hard working hubby an evening meal when hes done a 12/13 hour day at work because opening the fridge makes me vomit.

The constant worry that something is wrong with my baby- it drives me mad.

Crying over adverts!!! The latest one to get me is the Iceland advert (UK ladies will know it) the driving home for Christmas makes me cry like a baby- as thats what i have to do as i live 200 miles away from my mum!

constipation and painful gas pains
    I could go on but i will stop now as its making me down lol :haha:

12. MaybBaby

MaybBaby Well-Known Member

being tired no matter how long i stay in bed
    Back ache feeling like theres a massive kink stuck in my back when i stand up and i end up hobbling like an OAP
    bloody constipation!
    PEE PEE PEE PEE PEE PEE PEE PEE! its all is EFFING do! 'it calms in the 2nd trimester' was a lie for me.
    walking just under a mile sends my bump into what i assume is a braxton hick,tightening and slight crampyness so i end up walking like a nutjob rubbing the bump
    Being 26 weeks and when my coat is on looking 'fat' rather than pregnant
    swollen foofyness and having to ask OH :blush: if he will tend to her and my legs tresses as they grow by the second :haha:
    excessive wetness in the panties! oh how scrummy!
    and after peeing and getting back into bed, the boy having an MMA match with the mattress keeping me up lol!

...just to name a few :rofl:!

13. The Alchemist

I think I'm gonna have to ask OH to do that for me too once I won't be able to see my lady bits and lower extremeties anymore! :haha:

14. Nicoletta89

Nicoletta89 Well-Known Member

Hahah well the ones that make the shortlist of pissing me off the most are

- Frequent urination. I feel like i'm spending 50% of my day peeing!
    - Constipation
    - Hip and back pain
    - Not sleeping well, can't get comfy in bed and my feet get really hot :/

Oh and headaches too.

15. Nadialew

Nadialew Well-Known Member

16weeks and 4 days today!
    I am numerous complaints and they are all driving me insane!
    1. Getting hungry every 3-4 hours, queasy stomach. If I do not eat in time, I end up nauseous and puke. It happens at midnight when I am sleeping too. I will wake up with hunger and can't get back to sleep unless I eat a bowl of RICE! Rice is the only thing that can calm my hungry stomach now. Sometimes it is as if I haven't eaten in days!!! Eating is so tiring..........!!!! and I can hardly find food that I want to eat. Appetite has stayed away from me for a long while now! I used to love food so much.. Grrrhh...
    2. Acid Reflux is not too bad after I was put on Nexium 20mg by my Dr. However, I still get burning sensation from time to time.
    3. Anxiety attack and emotional instability! I blame it on the hormones and I have to be separated from my husband because he works in another state. I am back home with my mom because I was too sick to take care of anyone! I could breakdown crying for hours and hours, especially when I am sick!
    4. NAUSEA is my biggest FEAR and it still comes back with vomiting (the best friend) despite i am well into second trimester! I HATE NAUSEA I HATE NAUSEA I HATE NAUSEA. It is the most unbearable thing in life.
    5. Iron deficiency anaemia and I could not take iron tablets. Now trying all the iron rich food and hope I have luck with them. I am on liquid iron formula (Floradix) too, and seem to be able to keep it down. It puts smile back to my face!

About haemorrhoid, there are some preparations, such as cream or suppositories that are steroid-free, can be used to treat and shrink piles. Only long term and large amount of steroid use during pregnancy will pose threat to the developing baby. So suppositories with steroid is still worth a try if it is really bad. You may consult your doctor about those. =)

16. MaybBaby

MaybBaby Well-Known Member

its funny because you're like 'HAHA HES DOING SOMETHING!!!' and then the poor sod is there, concentration of a saint moving my leg around and i don'half feel guilty! :rofl: he does it with some careful precision :haha:

17. The Alchemist

What am I and other ladies suffering from frequent urination gonna do when all this weekend until next week there are sales and price mark downs??? Can't shop for long when the bladder's screaming bloody murder for the toilet haha

18. charleosgirl

charleosgirl Well-Known Member

Heartburn,hemmorhoids,constipation, not being able to bend down and do simple chores like feed the cats

All worth it in the end though

19. Samah007

Samah007 Well-Known Member

I've never had heartburn before and now I have it. Which means I have to lay off the spicy food I so love to eat. :cry:

Restless sleep

Swollen fingers and wider feet

Fatigue

Pregnancy brain

20. Samah007

Samah007 Well-Known Member

Yes!!!!