What are your Plans for the big day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DazedConfused

Mama to 1
Reaction score
I love hearing about what everyone's getting up to on Christmas day! :D Please share what you have planned.

We're staying with my parents and having breakkie with them. Full cooked breakfast. Then hanging about a bit, then off to OHs aunts for some afternoon cocktails in the sun then back to my parents for BBQ and ham and family mash up! :happydance:

Get up have coffee, open gifts with the kids. Have breakfast casserole. Go visit some family then dinner with close friends.

We will get up, open stockings in bed, I will creep down and put the tree lights on, then we will all go and see if Santa has been! Open pressies. I will go make the breakfast. Then probs OH's Grandparents will pop round and maybe MIL. Dinner at 12 then DD goes to her Dad's. No idea for the rest of the day lol xx

We are staying at my sisters. Will probably get up and have breakfast . Then open presents . Prob go for a walk at the local park and let poppy have a bike ride. Then back for lunch. Then just play with toys etc and play board games in the evening .

We get up and will get the coffee on (wake ups are 5 am at the moment so I dread to think what it will be on Xmas morning) kids will open Santa pressies, have breakfast (pancakes for kids, bacon sandwiches for us), get dressed, kids will open pressies from friends and family we aren't spending the day with and then we are going to my dad's house for the rest of Xmas xx

We'll get up and go downstairs to find Santa's been and open stockings and father Christmas present, then prob have breakfast and get dressed before having more presents from us and OH and I will exchange gifts.

In laws will prob come up about 11am and we'll do a few more gifts before an early lunch of abked Camembert. Then in laws will prob have to put back to their house to check on the puppies (only 2 weeks old at Xmas!!!). We'll carry on with gifts here and there all day until they're unwrapped and I'll be cooking the Christmas dinner ready for 4:30pm ish, then the in laws will probably do another puppy run before coming back up for the evening for some drinks and maybe a game once the kids are in bed!

Man I'm excited now!!!

Off away with the in laws, they've booked a fancy restaurant for Xmas dinner :) can't wait!

The kids will probably wake around 8am (still too young for excited early morning christmas wake ups lol). We'll check of Santa's been and open presents. Get the kids a small breakfast. OH and I aren't eating breakfast because our big Christmas lunch is at 1:15pm in a hotel in town. We're being joined for lunch by my mum, dad, sister and sisters two kids (BIL is a chef and is working Christmas Day). After Christmas lunch (and some entertainment put on by the hotel for the kids - and a santa visit!), we're going back to my mum and dads for a lazy afternoon and evening while the kids play with the mountains of new toys my mum will no doubt have bought them. X

Our first Christmas at home, I have plans but with two little ones they may not go exactly how I would like.

Plan is to set up all of the presents from hoho downstairs Christmas eve. Then quietly place the Santa sacks outside both girls bedrooms.

Dd1 will wake us up and we will tell her hoho has been. We will open the sacks in bed then retreat downstairs to open more. OH will make a light breakfast (salmon and eggs) whilst I sort out all the packaging, feed dd2 etc.
Hoping to prep most of dinner Christmas eve. We have family coming for dinner/Christmas night. We also have a small bag of afternoon presents for the girls (sweets and bath treats for dd1 and my first Christmas things for dd2). Hoping to spend the night having fun playing games, eating treats etc
Boxing Day is at home playing and sorting out.
The weekend we do it all over again at my mums house

Can you tell I can't wait �� it's all I can think about and I keep planning it all in my head.

Anyone else love waking extra early Christmas morning to make the day feel longer. Even before children I liked waking at 6am. I have no problem if dd1 wakes me at 5am this year ��

Get up, open presents then have breakfast
after breakfast we will get ready and go to my mams for dinner and open presents there.
After dinner we just chill really then come home and snuggle up in front of the TV.
Usually Harvey goes to fob's after dinner but this year they are just picking him up boxing day so he'll be with us all day yay!

On boxing day were going out for dinner then going to the football match.

Wake up,
Open stocking in bed
Go downstairs for Father Christmas present and other presents under the tree
Skype in laws and have breakfast
Go to my parents for more presents, lunch, play games etc
Collapse on the sofa with a baileys!

Get up and open stockings.
Have breakfast
Open presents
Go to the pub with my family then to my parents for dinner.
We're staying overnight so Christmas TV/movies and chocolate :D

We will no doubt be woken by DS at silly o'clock, will open his stocking in bed then go downstairs and watch him open his gift with a cuppa. Then bacon sarnies and DH and I will open gifts. My parents will be over my late morning so we will be playing with DS then having a late lunch at 3.30-4pm before collapsing on the sofa with choccies and a drink. May even squeeze in an afternoon snooze

Wake up, make coffee, watch J open his stocking pressies, make breakfast, open under the tree presents. Go over to my parents for more presents and christmas dinner. We usually stay there until early evening, visit a close friend, then home :). We stay at home Boxing day and i'll cook our christmas dinner then :).

Wake up early
Make coffee
Open stocking and Santa gifts and possibly eat something
Play with new toys
Around 1 we go to in-laws and will do a gingerbread house making contest
Open more gifts
Have Christmas dinner
Open even more gifts with uncles and aunts

My kids will probably wake at about 5am, and we will tell them to try sleep for another hour, doesn't usually work lol
We get up with kids let them open stockings while i make coffee
Usually we let them open gifts straight after but i think this year i woul like us to have breakfast first to wake up a bit, then open pressies.
Cant wait to take DD2 outside to surprise her with her house etc
I usually put turkey in about 10-11 am
Play toys,eat and watch movies the rest of the day in our pj's!
We don't have family near by so just us for Chrissy,
Then we Skype in laws after dinner.

Definitely not up before 7.30 lol
Have tea/open pressies-we try space this out by looking at stuff rather than 'dive in' easier when they are older. Drag morning out as long as poss while occasionally checking on dinner (which is just glammed up roast for us- no stress)
Eat dinner
Walk dog at beach
Home
Chill

:)

Christmas Eve we always make cookies for Santa then we're going to the Christingle service at 4pm, hope after that to get everything ready :)

Christmas Day I always end up waking the kids up around 7 am (I'm always way too excited) we'll go down and open all the pressies. We'll then go have some breakfast, not too sure what yet but maybe pasties or pancakes. We'll probably pop on a Christmas movie and the kids will play with their toys. We're off to my sisters for a big family dinner around 2pm. We'll be there till late I think.

Boxing day is a morning at home and then my Mums at around 2 for a big family spread/buffet.

Writing all that down is getting me all excited :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"