What are your Plans for the big day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our plans have changed last minute as DH's auntie decided to announce 2 days ago that she is making the dinner an adults only affair :/ we had been invited there in august for dinner and said we were going then all of a sudden it's changed. She said we could go if we get a babysitter :dohh:

So now...
Up and open presents with kids.
Ds1 goes to his dad's for an hour at about 9.30 and that's when we will have breakfast (DS1 is tube fed at minute so we're not purposely starving him)

Then call to see DH's mum and do presents with her
My mum and dad's for dinner about 1.30ish and presents afterwards.

Home for naps and a chill out before an evening of games and karaoke at my uncles

Christmas Day will consist of getting up between 7-7.30, open presents, quick tidy up and presents into rooms. My brother, his wife, my nephew and nan are coming round for breakfast, bacon, sausage and toast all round. Turkey will be in the oven from 9am, prep veg the night before. Usually have a stream of visitors during the morning so will see who turns up. My mum is coming for Christmas lunch, plans to be here for 1pm, we eat around 3pm. After we have eater and cleaned up we all head to my aunties house for a family Christmas party that goes on until the small hours Boxing Day!!

Get up have coffee, open gifts with the kids. Have breakfast casserole. Go visit some family then dinner with close friends.

Ooh, what's a breakfast casserole? I'm intrigued?!

The bottom is crust less bread, then cooked bacon, shredded cheese, egg/milk/spice mixture then little hash browns on the top, melted butter and in the over at 350 for an hour. Delicious.

The kids don't 'get it' yet so it will be wake up between 7 & 8 then open pressies. Dash over to MIL as early as possible as if we're there for less than 3-4 hours world war 3 will erupt!

Then head to my mums at 1 for dinner and the rest of the day :)

This is our last year doing this though as I'm fed up with having to drive to MIL every year for her to bitch about everything she can, make digs about our gifts and generally make me want to slap her. Plus if we're not there before 10 she is NOT happy and from next year Dylan will be old enough to want to play with his new toys. (Can't take toys there as she then 'claims' them and we can't take them away).

The kids don't 'get it' yet so it will be wake up between 7 & 8 then open pressies. Dash over to MIL as early as possible as if we're there for less than 3-4 hours world war 3 will erupt!

Then head to my mums at 1 for dinner and the rest of the day :)

This is our last year doing this though as I'm fed up with having to drive to MIL every year for her to bitch about everything she can, make digs about our gifts and generally make me want to slap her. Plus if we're not there before 10 she is NOT happy and from next year Dylan will be old enough to want to play with his new toys. (Can't take toys there as she then 'claims' them and we can't take them away).

My MIL is lovely but we got fed up of constant visiting/driving etc its so much nicer just us lol x

Open stocking in our bed when they are both awake
Breakfast and toy planning
Open a few presents while lunch is being prepared
Lunch and a little bit of a tidy up
Main present opening, going to go with the boys from this point by opening when they want to open, stop for food (sandwiches from leftover and the cheese board) when they want or to just play with a single toy.
I'm looking forward to the bit after they have gone to bed and we can just sit and relax a little.

Stockings in bed. Cuppa and open prezzies. Have breakfast. Then fil is picking us up, going to see hubbys Nan then to his parents house for more prezzie opening there and Xmas dinner. Drinks, board games and films, then home in the evening :) x

Il try and get up before the kids to have a peaceful coffee. Kids up about 7ish, open pressies and take pics.
Lucas will play with his toys whilst I make a big fry up and evie gets fed.
Try and get all the paper and boxes put away then OH auntie is popping over for about 30 mins to exchange gifts.
go to my mums at 1 where she cooks and the kids get more pressies.
We eat and eat then play some sort of game like monopoly cards or trivial pursuit (not sure how thtl work with the kids) then we will head home for 7pm. Get the kods in bed and put on a film and enjoy a few drinks

Christmas Eve/morning LO is with his dad. So it's just me and OH at mine then. We will open pressies and will have some Bellini and pancakes for breakfast get ready and head to my mums for around 10.30. Will meet LO there at 11 and he will have pressies off my mum and dad then we will stay there all day for dinner and with family.

Boxing Day mornibg will be our xmas morning for LO so he will open all his pressies from me and OH then we will get ready and head to OH mums for more food and family time and more present opening

We get up whenever. Do the whole has Santa been act. Unwrap gifts and then breakfast :) then I will start cooking the roasties and at about 1.30 we will head over (with the roast potatoes) to the in laws house. There we will eat dinner and in all likely hood stay there until quite late and get a taxi home. Not sure how it will work out though as lo is only 10 months and will want his nap and his bed at some point =/

Get up when LO decides it's time for everyone to be up and about! That could be any time between 5am and 8am! I'm hoping for somewhere around 7am. Then stockings in our bed. We've decided that will be our tradition, for a while at least. Father Christmas will deliver the stockings to mummy and daddy's bed, and we'll all open them together. Then we'll go downstairs, have bacon rolls for breakfast, open the presents under the tree. We'll just chill out, watch tv, hopefully Skype family, then Christmas dinner time! We might go for a short walk around the block, try to wear LO out a bit! Then the rest of the day will consist of eating, watching TV, playing with new presents, and that's about it!

Kids will be up about half six, go through their stockings in mummy's bed.

Go downstairs and open all presents, make some toast or something to keep them going.

I'm working at 4pm (care worker) so I'm hoping to cook our Xmas dinner for about half one. Will see how that goes.

Me and the LO's will get up, open presents and just be lazy until I cook breakfast. Then I'll bath them, get them dressed. We then usually visit my grandparents for a little while (they only live 5mins away) have a drink there. The LO's will get picked up around 1-1:30 by their dad :cry: so it'll just be me and my brothers then for a while, we'll just pig out :lol:. I'm then going to one of my best friends in the evening for a get together with friends.
Boxing day I get the LO's back in the morning just before lunch and we're off to my grandparents with lots of other family for lunch and more present opening :) so I'm actually looking forward to Boxing day more I think this year than Christmas day.

I'm sure Roxy will get us up at the crack of dawn as usual. :haha: We'll get up when the girls do and then make coffee for wake DH up. Open presents. Then MIL is supposed to be coming over at some point in the morning. Lord only knows when as she can't be bothered to tell me. Make breakfast, play with gifts for a bit. Then we all have to drive an hour to spend some time with and make dinner for an ailing family member. Then we'll come home and watch movies or play video games and let the girls use their new toys some more.

We will get up see if Santa's been OH will cook breakfast then we head to in laws for Christmas dinner and then home again to catch up with Doctor who and Call the midwife!

Will get up xmas morning at home probably around 7am when kids wake...down to open presents. After presents will have breakfast, with oj for kids and bucks fizz for me n hubby. Will let the kids play and put on an xmas film.
11am get them dressed and then load up the car and head to mums.
12pm get to mums and open more pressies.
Rest of the day at my mums xmas dinner there then probably spend rest of the day in the games room drinking :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"