What are your super home keeping/cleaning tips?

rwhite

Mum to Lachie and Clem
Reaction score
:flow: A bottle of coke poured in the toilet and left overnight, then flushed in the morning will yield a sparkling white toilet :thumbup:
:flow: White vinegar is a great odor neutraliser and can be used for heaps of other things - for example, it's great undiluted to clean non-tiled bathroom surfaces.

Does anybody else want to share some of theirs? :)

Boots soap.
Really caustic but a fab cleaner, Wear gloves at every use tho...its stings!, I use it instead of usual cleaning products! https://www.boots.com/en/Boots-White-Windsor-Household-Soap-2x150g_923906/

lime juice

Brilliant silver cleaner!

baby wipes

Easiest way to clean laminate! (not supposed to use a mop on laminate!), and the cheapy ones ar fab.

errrrrmmmmm when washing windows, use day old newspaper to dry windows (in cicular motions and put some elbow into it) and youll have streak free windows/mirrors!

baking soda is a great natural scrubber of counter stains and sink stains.
you can use it like any abrasive scrubber. : D

errrrrmmmmm when washing windows, use day old newspaper to dry windows (in cicular motions and put some elbow into it) and youll have streak free windows/mirrors!

:thumbup: Deffo, love using newspaper to clean both windows and mirrors.

Cut up a lemon and put it in some water and in your microwave to get rid of previous food smells.

Not really a tip but cillit bang power clean (the one with bleach) is amazing.

Cut up a lemon and put it in some water and in your microwave to get rid of previous food smells.

Not really a tip but cillit bang power clean (the one with bleach) is amazing.

Off topic,but do you think someone told Barry Scott he was shouting?:rofl:he does't seem to now.

:rofl: He prob speaks like that day to day.

Try to do 15 minutes at a time if the work seems overwhelming and find a good routine to keep on top of things.

Use odd socks as dusters on your hands, brilliant for stairs and door frames.

(I'm a bit of a home/clean freak so I'll enjoy this thread :) Yes, I'm sad )

I agree with the 15min things. I always make sure washing up is done (hate dishes piling up). Clear work tops and have some candles to make the place smell nice :) I use babywipes for loads of things around the home too!

I tried the coke in the loo but it didnt work for me.

I use old clothes and socks to clean my bathroom lol

I also clean up often, never leave stuff in the sink and always dry it and put it away.

i wouldn't waste good coke down the toilet :rofl: i'd end up drinking it.

Clean freak here :flower:

Bicarbonate of soda is good for cleaning the oven

Hairspray is fab to get felt tips off surfaces like leather chairs, laminate etc

Dishwasher tabs are an all-round remedy for any kind of stain on appliances. whether it is burned in crust on the stove or water stains or soap stains you only need a tab (or even half a tab) and water and rub it away. Great for burnt in stains in the oven as well and if you solve one under water in the sink it is great for cleaning it and great for cleaning the water pipes too. :D (so you don't need to use the coke ;) )

Sunlight is great for natural colour stains such as carrot, blood or grass(or tomato) The UV light of the sun bleaches those stains (mostly with beta carotin) away when you put them into the sunshine for a while.

Baby wipes! :lol: they clean EVERYTHING :)

Not sure entirely how safe this is, but if you get any of those nice smelling dryer sheets, stick a few behind radiators, smells gorgeous when the heating's on!

Baby oil cleans stainless steel really well, especially cooker hoods. The oil residue left traps dust and dirt and is super easy to wipe off!

I tried the coke in the loo but it didnt work for me.
Me neither :shrug: I thought it might be because I used cheap cola but I refuse to pour good quality coke down the loo!

I always swore by flash spray with bleach but it's getting hard to find now, I'll be trying Cillit bang for sure.
I got some blue tissue roll like the stuff you get in business kitchens or in some toilets, it's amazing for polishing windows and taps.
My biggest tip would be don't have kids.....every time I tidy they're in another room messing it up!

I use that new Domestos loo cleaner thing, it's really good!
Go around your bathroom with a sponge and spray/ antibac wipes as often as you like to stop your bathroom suite looking fluffy :lol:
We still use Windolene pink creme to do our windows. Always works well!
I use dettol green apple spray to disinfect and clean surfaces at the same time.

I like wipes, I have a wipe for every occasion... Polish wipes, antibac wipes, window wipes :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->