What are your super home keeping/cleaning tips?

Dishwasher tabs are an all-round remedy for any kind of stain on appliances. whether it is burned in crust on the stove or water stains or soap stains you only need a tab (or even half a tab) and water and rub it away. Great for burnt in stains in the oven as well and if you solve one under water in the sink it is great for cleaning it and great for cleaning the water pipes too. :D (so you don't need to use the coke ;) )

Sunlight is great for natural colour stains such as carrot, blood or grass(or tomato) The UV light of the sun bleaches those stains (mostly with beta carotin) away when you put them into the sunshine for a while.

Definately agree with this, the sun is my saviour for many a ruined t-shirt. Put it out wet on a flat service or in direct sunlight and job done. It saved 2 of my kids fave items last week after a incdent with some pasta sauce lol

Sunlight is also great for getting rid of poo stains on baby clothes/cloth nappies :D

oh my gosh i never new this...... i thought whenever i hung something white with a stain on, and came to collect it when it was dry and it had faded i used to think "oh what a drama queen i am, i exaggerate everything!!" :rofl: silly moo!

Mine too! And clothes. I remember when we first used cloth (during winter) and my nappies were stained, I thought they were ruined forever :haha:

Mine too! And clothes. I remember when we first used cloth (during winter) and my nappies were stained, I thought they were ruined forever :haha:

In Winter I dry the stained ones on the window ledge and that seems to work too.

Yep it does! I was a newbie though, I didn't know about the sunlight trick :lol:

I tried the coke in the loo but it didnt work for me.
Me neither :shrug: I thought it might be because I used cheap cola but I refuse to pour good quality coke down the loo!

I always swore by flash spray with bleach but it's getting hard to find now, I'll be trying Cillit bang for sure.
I got some blue tissue roll like the stuff you get in business kitchens or in some toilets, it's amazing for polishing windows and taps.
My biggest tip would be don't have kids.....every time I tidy they're in another room messing it up!

I used diet coke! Maybe that's why :lol: All the extra crap in the stuff..

I couldn't put coke down the loo, it seems like a waste :lol:

am loving this thread :thumbup: when we go shopping, my husband has to steer the trolley away from the cleaning aisle because I have a bit of an obsession - especially if a new product has come out.

I am making lots of mental notes from your tips so please keep them coming. x :happydance:

I'm the same Tina, I go through phases where I love certain products. I'm going through a thing where I keep disinfecting Tegan's potty (which only gets used once a day :lol: ) with apple flavoured dettol. I am SURE it smells - OH can't smell it, my mum or sister can't smell it but I think it does so I keep doing it over and over :rofl:

I absolutely LOVE that shopping trip once a month when I've ran out of everything (like four bottles of toilet cleaner, millions of wipes :lol:, washing powder and softener etc) and I have to buy it all over again... :D

I do certain basic things each day...dishes, floors, laundry, and a quick wipe-down of both bathrooms (with a clorox wipe). Then, each day, I try to do something else. Yesterday, that was mop all the floors. Today, I had a busy day, so nothing. But, it might be a good wash of the bathrooms, or vacuum, or wash the windows...etc. It really doesn't take long if you do one big thing a day, and keep the basics up. I have three kids, and I am go go go all day long, so I have really had to make sure that I keep up, or it becomes overwhelming. It still happens though, and then I get hubby to help. I might hire a maid when I go back to work full time in a couple weeks though.

Write a list of what jobs you'd like to achieve during the day, makes you feel good to cross things off and see what you have done.

I love lists and task sheets.
Maybe we should have a thread on the good things we've done during the day. Something to spur us on. And maybe encourage others who are struggling to cope.

Anyone ever seen FlyLady?

Haven't read through the thread but my top tip is for getting rid of mould and mildew from sealant round the bath.

Pour bleach on affected areas then, with gloves on, push kitchen paper onto the sealant, right in the corners etc. Leave for 10-15 minutes, remove kitchen paper and rinse. Works like a dream and saved us having to remove it all and reseal :thumbup:

I use E Cloths for my stainless steel and cooker hood after I have cleaned them so they are streak free. They are fab and really good on glass and too polish up taps and sinks after you have cleaned them so they do not look streaky.
I always make sure I have a stash of anti bac wipes in the drawer they are so handy.

im a babywipe user too they get stains off everything god knows whats in them

not really a tip but iv just bought some flash spray with febreeze and it smells LOVELY!! lol makes my kitchen smell fresh! x#

Hi ladies, I started a housework/home To-do list thread and wanted to share the link here if thats ok.
To-do thread
I know its probably going to seem weird but maybe by seeing what others have planned will help spur us on and give us some helpful support for when motivation is lacking.
I hope you'll join in :)

Thanks for that thread 5-a-side.
I just went to hang my washing out but it appears my crazy OH has hidden the pegs :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->