What are your super home keeping/cleaning tips?

i use baby wipes to clean my leather settee but once or twice a week i clean it with a bath sponge with loads of shower gel on it,makes it lovely and shiny and smells lovely too(had this tip off kim and aggie,how clean is your house),also i use baby wipes on everything else lol,cleaning trainers,quick dust about,laminante floor,i get through god no's how many packs a week,lol

Can anyone tell me how to clean the microwave besides scrubbing?

Meaning is it boiled water with lemon or something in the bowl and on for a min or so so all the stuff is soft them you can scrub clean?

Finish Quantum for your dishwasher is AMAZINGGGGGGGG (those little rectangular puck things?)

& Gain Apple Mango Tango is the best smelling fabric softener EVER, I've gotten many people hooked on it lol.

We use white vinegar at my work to do quick cleans of windows, glass surfaces, stainless steel- anything shiney at my work :) It works well.

Also stain tips! lol

My LO fell down and bit her lip right before her birthday party last year and got blood on her white cardigan; soaking it immediately in cold water for several hours then spraying with OxyClean spray got it out totally- I was amazed! My mom told me they recommended the cold water soak to all of them when she was in nursing school.

I also get ink out of clothes by spraying them with hairspray.

Olive oil or any sort of greasy food- rub dishsoap in (like Palmolive etc) and it should come out.

If you are going to use a stain spray or the Oxy gel stick.. put it on right away and let the product dry completely before washing. I thought it was working pretty good just sprayed, but I tried letting it dry recently and the difference it made was significant.

I use E Cloths for my stainless steel and cooker hood after I have cleaned them so they are streak free. They are fab and really good on glass and too polish up taps and sinks after you have cleaned them so they do not look streaky.
I always make sure I have a stash of anti bac wipes in the drawer they are so handy.

i LOVE ecloths!

Meaning is it boiled water with lemon or something in the bowl and on for a min or so so all the stuff is soft them you can scrub clean?

:thumbup: You're spot on. Apparently then you just need to wipe, no scrubbing needed. It's something I'm deffo keen to try, but OH usually cleans the microwave so haven't had a chance to try it.

My biggest tip (though I don't clean much lol) is to give the cleaning products time to work - eg put the bathroom cleaner on the sink then the bath then the toilet, then start cleaning the sink, the product will have had the time to break down the dirt making cleaning a breeze.

Anyone got any tips on keeping a carpet smelling fresh? I have a dog and am constantly hoovering and spraying it but nothing works for more than a few days a time. Im even considering putting laminate down.

Question ... Those of you with "spare" or guest rooms ... How often do you clean them?

This is only the second home ive owned, but both houses were massive, first 4 bed, this 5 bed with basement mutiple downstairs rooms etc. anyway, how often do you hoover, clean, change bedding on rooms that you dont use? I must admit i rarely do unless someone is coming to stay? Is that bad of me?

If you have a carpet cleaner like a vax when you add the cleaning fluid add a bit of fabric conditioner and it makes your carpets smell amazing.

I run a boil wash on my washing machine once a month, with a cup of soda crystals in the drawer to clean it out. Then one with a bottle of white vinegar in the drum which is supposed to help the limescale. If nothing else it makes it smell fresh again.

My homebirth/waters breaking at home cleaning tip - bicarbonate of soda gets amniotic fluid out of cream carpet a treat :) Molly came a bit quicker than the towels out of the cupboard and we've been able to restore our cream bedroom carpets perfectly :) xx

:thumbup: You're spot on. Apparently then you just need to wipe, no scrubbing needed. It's something I'm deffo keen to try, but OH usually cleans the microwave so haven't had a chance to try it.

I always put a bowl of water in the microwave until it starts steaming up. Then it is really easy to soak the turntable while you wipe down the top and sides.

Wish I had an OH that cleaned the microwave.....the kids and my OH must think it's fairies that clean that and the fridge....or the whole house come to think of it :growlmad:

To get the burnt in food off oven trays:

After you've cooked some food in the oven, turn it off. Put hot water in the oven trays and leave them in the oven. The hot water and the heat of the oven will unstick everything on the tray; even if you leave it to cool down again.

To stop your bathroom mirrors fogging up:

use a tiny amount of washing up liquid (e.g. Fairy) on a lint free cloth and wipe over the mirror surface. It will only smear if you use too much; if you use little enough it doesn't mark the surface and you can't tell it's there. Obviously you need to clean the mirror first and reapply the washing up liquid after each time you clean it.

Stubborn stains on clothing:

I thought this was a load of rubbish, but I've been proven wrong! My daughter ate tomato the other day and it went through the neck of her bib and all over the front of her white top. I soaked it in the usual product (I use Biotex). That didn't work, so I then used the Vanish soap bar. That didn't work either. I washed it in the machine at 40c (usual temperature for me), and hung it up outside to dry. The top was still stained pink when I hung it and I figured it was a lost cause. When I went to collect it that afternoon the stain had gone completely. I'm not kidding; the sunshine alone got rid of the remnants of the staiN. So simple! I probably had it out there for about 6 hours.

Get rid of paint fumes in a room:

Cut an onion in half and leave cut-side up in the room. Apparently it gets rid of paint fumes in a fraction of the time of airing the room out normally.

They say doing this also helps coughs :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->