What are your thoughts on this?

S

socitycourty

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...et-happy-mother-Hire-nannies-boring-bits.html

I was surprised by this article. Being a SAHM I do everything for my LO and also care for other babies too. I don't find it boring as such just a lot of diaper changing, settling, removing toys, etc. But I enjoy it overall.

If I was able to hire anyone I'd hire someone to help me keep up with housecleaning because of my health issues I'm too tired to clean all the time.

:coffee:

Ugh. This woman is hideous. Being in the US you are lucky you may not have heard from her before. Take everything she says with a huge grain of annoying, snob infested salt!

Yeah, I don't agree with the article! :haha:

I wouldnt find LO sports day mundane or boring at all. I would want to be there.

It is not a lifestyle that would suit me, but i guess if thats how she views parts of motherhood and has found a 'solution' then fair enough.

Most people wouldnt have these options even if they did find them desirable.

But yes housework, could very easily pay someone to come in and do that. Have actually been considering it, but i dont think our house is big enough to justify it!!

I don't know to be honest, why she even bothered to have children?! :s
I would not like to be her child in the future to read that she gets more pleasure out of her job than her children and her oldest daughter looks rather unhappy in those photos.
Good job she's loaded as I reckon she's gonna have to pay for therapy in the future! For those babies sake, I hope they are unaffected by her absence and disregard for them!
Being the attached, stay at home, crunchy Mumma I am, I think what she describes as her feelings towards motherhood and her kids lives is a bit gross and it makes me sad!

I would consider a mother's help to help me with the really boring jobs, like cleaning, cooking or washing etc..household stuff, or someone to clean up the mess I would make with my kids having actual fun....but never anyone to take the place of me doing those fun things with them!...Even feeding/changing them....I think it's all fun usually....cept when I'm knackered!..Perhaps a Nanny to sleep train with me would be useful!..but I wouldn't want to leave my child overnight with one.

Havinnnnggg said all this...I used to be a nanny and have spent more time with other people's children than they have in a week so why I think this sounds so bad?!..*shrugs*!!!!!
I think being a mother has changed my attitude.

I can't stand that woman and this is just another example of why. Vile woman. Really why bother bringing children in to an already over populated world when you have no interest in being a mother?!

Oh. My. Gosh.

That lady is insane....It think its fine you want nannies and can afford to employ lots of help, and althought I dont agree with it, fine, the kids are likely better off without her actively in their life!

I cannot abide where she says her job comes first!

Before I even clicked it, I thought "Hmm is this another one from Samantha Brick?" But, like Samantha Brick, it seems like it was written to start a fire. In fact, this author would probably be banned from BnB for trolling and flaming.

banned for what? it's an honest curiousity and it's pretty evident I don't agree being that I gave up my job to take care of my LO :shrug:

banned for what? it's an honest curiousity and it's pretty evident I don't agree being that I gave up my job to take care of my LO :shrug:

I don't think she meant you hun, I think she meant that if Katie Hopkins joined BnB, she'd be banned for being an idiot! :flower:

:)

I'd never heard of this woman before. This article was on a FB feed from one of my mom friends.

My friend said that this woman also cheats on her husband? :wacko:

I am curious why she had children. What does she actually do with them? She only lists what she outsources. Are they trophies or photo props or what?

I don't have a problem with nannies or day care, but hiring someone to replace yourself as their mother is insane. If you don't intend to be a mother, don't have children.

She was a contestant on the Apprentice a few years ago and was generally just awful!
An example of another great article by her

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2281959/Apprentice-star-Katie-Hopkins-admits-I-wont-let-children-play-friends-I-deem-beneath-them.html

who wouldn't like to outsource poopy diapers at times? but most people would never even consider it. there are tough parts to parenting. but also the really beautiful parts even if it's just sitting and watching your LO play sports or whatever

I don't get it. I'd want to spend as much time with my children as possible. If I were rolling in money (which she seems to be), I'd quit my job for a couple of years. As it is, I am already sad that I won't be able to attend Nativity plays and sports events because my employer doesn't support that and disallows absences for such events.

Ok I just read the other article....she seems so over the top awful that it might be a joke or something?

I don't have a violent bone in my body...but I want to punch that woman in the face.

That article made me so angry. What a pretentious, elitist snob. I feel really bad for her children. How can you think it's ok to send a nanny in your place for something that's so important to your child, just because you find it boring?! She very clearly stated several times that she finds her work more pleasurable and important than her children. That's really sad.

I work because I need to in order to support my children. I enjoy my job, but my family ALWAYS comes first, and if I had enough money that I didn't have to work, I'd kiss my career goodbye in a second. I know that many wonderful mothers have careers that are incredibly important to them, and that's great, but most of them also put their kids first regardless.

Ugh, this is actually making me feel sick.

I think she'd say anything if she was paid enough and is generally obnoxious but I think she really does believe a lot of the crap she comes out with.

She must be seriously rich to employ so many people. But I don't really see why she had children, when she is very clear in the fact that work is her first love and far more satisfying than her children. :S

Now having said that...if I wad a millionaire....i would definitely have a cleaner, maybe even a cook, (I'm not a great housekeeper)but would I work? No way!!! I would spend every second of the day doing lovely "boring" things with my children and I would be the happiest mum on the planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->