What are your thoughts on this?

Completely OT, but seriously whats wrong with these cleaners?!?! I'm on my third and thought he was ok until i moved the couch and found he didnt bother to move any furniture to clean under it. If i can do it being a woman, pregnant, and holding a toddler, why cant he do it! Grrrrr.
It is driving me demented! Now, I know I have a high standard of cleanliness so I'm prepared to relax it a little and if my taps don't sparkle I can live with that, but when you walk in to the kitchen and see cloth streaks on every single surface including the floor, that's just not on. Once you've wet, you dry, is it that hard a concept to follow? And windowsills not dusted, skirting boards un touched. It got to the point I was spending 2 hours tidying and sorting before they came so I decided fekk it I'll do it myself.

This is clearly another Samantha Brick being paid to be predictably provocative, I assumed her career was going well but obviously not if she has to resort to this, she gives all us career mums a bad name. P.s. I bloody hate The Daily Mail.

Hmmm, I would take what she writes as a pinch of salt tbh.

If I remember rightly, she quit The Apprentice when she was in the final 2 or 3 because it would involve spending more time in London away from her children and she just couldn't do it as she didn't want to be apart from them.

I think she wrote this to be controversial and I think the Daily Fail egged her on to sell more copies/get more hits on the website.

That doesn't make her or the article OK. I loathed her in The Apprentice and I still loathe her now!

:)

I'd never heard of this woman before. This article was on a FB feed from one of my mom friends.

My friend said that this woman also cheats on her husband? :wacko:

Nah she probably finds that too boring and time consuming.
She probably hires someone to proform marital duties than someone to cheat on him.

Not sure about cheating on her husband, but I do remember her being very blase about having an affair with a married man. If I recall she actually referred to it during the apprentice and made it out to be one of her strengths.

I'm thinking of introducing a new internet abbreviation for Daily Mail articles - DM;DR.

I honestly think the best job in the world is being my los mummy. I take pride in her accomplishments. I look forward to going to sports days, concerts etc. Fair enough if you want a career or have to go strait back to work due to money but dont judge others for staying at home. I love taking care of lo and my husband. I had a good career and honestly time with my daughter is so much more important to me. I want her to look back on her childhood and remember lots of fun times with her mummy and daddy. She seems like a very judgemental person. I know mums who are very in to career and i would never think of judging their choices

Just want to say, although it’s probably a given, she doesn’t represent career women. Women can have a career and still be great mothers, I love my job but I would take a day off in a heartbeat for sports day! DS comes first, her issues aren’t that she’s a career woman, her issue is that she’s a media whore.

I agree. Don't tar us all with the same brush. Both my parents worked and I remember lots of fun times with Mummy and Daddy. I'm doing the same for my daughter.

Oh i dont think she represents career women at all. I have alot of friends who work who are fantastic mummies. I hope my post didnt come across wrong. I meant fun as being there on childrens big days if you can and spending quality time with them. There is nothing wrong with having a career

Oh i dont think she represents career women at all. I have alot of friends who work who are fantastic mummies. I hope my post didnt come across wrong. I meant fun as being there on childrens big days if you can and spending quality time with them. There is nothing wrong with having a career

Oh no it didn't I know that's not what you were saying, just reading your post made me realise some people could (not you or anyone here) look at this woman and think "see! Why they shouldn't work" lol. I think that woman has succeeded in offending all mothers, SAHM or not!x

Yeah, I'd also say Bex, that Katie Hopkins definitely wasn't having a go at SAHMs. She seems to be having a go more at women who return to work but don't give it their "all"

I am a working mum but I don't see sports days, concerts etc as mundane tasks. I am really upset when I can't attend things like this and I ty my hardest to be there

My question to this women is why have children? You never there so what was the point? You can get a wok life balance it doesn't have to be all of one and a little of the other x

I am curious about what her children think of this and has she ever thought to ask them how it makes them feel to never have mummy around at any of the events that probably makes them happy to be a part of and how it feels being probably the only child who has to have a substitute stand in to watch them (other kids have most likely commented to them about it)
Surely at some point her kids are going to go through a natural phase of feeling unloved and unwanted and feel like they don't matter or arnt worthy of her attention (maybe if I try better or was a better daughter mummy might show up next time)

Cant help but actually feel sorry for her because when the day comes that she retires and has no job to worry about and her kids have grown up and gone she is goping to have no memories of her kids childhoods of sports days, family events, Christmas plays, first steps and general growing up to look back on.
All she will have is some photos that someone else took and wondering "what was that womans name again that's hugging my children"
And most likely she will end up miserable in some old peoples home because her kids are sending random carers and substitute people to care for her and bring her Christmas and buirthday presents in her old age instead of ever coming themselves because they are too busy to care and visit because that's what will be normal to them by that point.

I am curious about what her children think of this and has she ever thought to ask them how it makes them feel to never have mummy around at any of the events that probably makes them happy to be a part of and how it feels being probably the only child who has to have a substitute stand in to watch them (other kids have most likely commented to them about it)

I was a nanny in London for years and worked for several families. You'd be surprised at how normal this is. I would say that on average only 75% of kids had a parent there, the other 25% of kids had a 'substitute', generally a nanny or grandparent. Also some nannies are in jobs for 10-15 years and spend more time with the kids than the parents so kids are happy enough to have them go instead.

Saying that this article is horrid (I don't actually believe it's all true though). The bit that got me is where she said if she has any free time she'd choose to do housework not spend time with the children, that is so wrong. I can accept mothers who have busy careers may not do a lot in their childrens day to day lives but cannot understand those that choose not to devote the little time they have to them. I have turned down jobs before where I have got the feeling the parents would be like this. I could not respect someone like that.

I thought I had made a mistake once as I barely saw the mum I worked for- my working day was 7.30am-7pm and I took over from Dad who rushed straight out the door and handed over in the evening to an au pair (Yes, they had a nanny and a live in au pair!). However, one morning there was material and sewing stuff left out and the Dad apologised saying that Mum had got up at 5am to make a school play outfit before work- one I had offered to do. Then we went on holiday and I barely lifted a finger- they got up with the kids at 6.30, spent all day in and out of the pool and did bedtime. I was only there to sit in the house while the baby napped so they could carry on playing with the older kids and to babysit once the kids were in bed. This, IMO, was a successful balance between being a busy career woman and a loving mum. Her kids were well taken care of by someone who cared very much for them (me!) and were in no doubt that their parents loved them tremendously.

I can only hope that she chooses her nannies well and that they stay long enough to develop a good bond and give the children some consistency.

I agree it is about balance. Whilst she might see it as she doesnt need nor want to go, what about the needs or wants of her children? I've been at concerts, sports days etc and seen the disappointment on a childs face when Mummy or Daddy doesnt make it. Why would you willingly put your child through that if you didnt have to? BTW I am not talking about people if they have no choice but she clearly does.

I cant help but think that even if it is part truth part lies, that when her children grow up that they will read these articles and resent her. She needs to remember the internet is forever and this articles will live on.

She is repulsive. My mum could hardly attend anything I was in growing up as she was a full time student in the middle of her pHD - including my last day of school assembly that she promised to come to. Every time it honestly broke my heart a little although obviously in hindsight there was little she could do. The fact that she does this so willingly is sincerely awful. She clearly has no idea of the emotional capacity of a child.

I remember when we moved to a new area, my mum sent me, aged 9 and my sister aged 10, off to our first day at our new school by ourselves. My sister was in the same class as my cousin so she had someone to go in with. I had to walk in to a new class by myself. I remember taking a long time to take off my coat etc and trying to look busy until the teacher noticed me. It seemed to take forever until she came over (but was probably only about a minute). It was horrible. I challenged my mum about it a few years back and she seemed genuinely shocked that it was a problem. She had said she thought it was ok because I was such an independent and capable child, plus she thought my sister and I would go in together. I always thought she had had no choice but it seems it was a deliberate act. Even to this day I still bear a bit of a grudge about it but it does show how sometimes parents think they are doing the right thing by their child but still can get it so wrong. I'm not sure if she ever came to sports days or concerts. I think she did, but if she didn't, clearly it doesn't bother me or else i'd remember. She rarely came to parents evenings, but that's only because whenever she did, she was made to feel she was only going to hear them heap praise on her for my good reports. In fact when she went to my 2nd year one, my guidance teacher actually said (in quite a shitty way). "oh you only come to hear how wonderfully she is doing, never when there is a problem". To which my mum responded "has there ever been a problem." The woman had to concede that no there hadn't been. I do know that of the few issues I had at school, either her or my dad were right there, banging on the door sorting it out, if I asked them for help. They did prefer I tried to sort it myself first, which was probably the right thing to do as it did teach me to fight my own battles.

They are brilliant parents, but it does show that sometimes even great parents can get it wrong sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->