What baby item did you love and use the most for those of you who already had babies.

hobbnob

Reaction score
So I am beginning to shop around for stuff and I am confused by all the stuff out there. Are there things, items that you found you really loved and used a lot that were helpful for you rather than just stuff to buy?

Also, anyone use a co-sleeper?

Sleeping bags - I always used Grobag branded and would have been lost without them.

A baby bath chair was a good buy too as they got a few months old

We had a Co sleeper...the Bednest, it's made in the UK! Was quite expensive, but really useful!

I'd definitely recommend getting a carrier! I got a mei tai and LO loves it!

sophie the giraffe teether. its amazing :) x

Muslin clothes,bouncer,and baby bath seat.

If I could rewind and do it all again I would forget about the moses basket. Sleeping bags are brilliant.

The most useful was a breastfeeding pillow (I had a Widgey) but of course only if you are planning on breastfeeding. I love my cold water steraliser from Milton.

Also, if I could rewind, I wouldn't be so foolish with my money and would buy things second hand. NCT Nearly New Sales are brilliant!

We used the cot pushed up to the bed as a co-sleeper, and next time i would simply get a toddler bed, pushed up against the wall and then against my bed- saves fiddling about with a co-sleeper and a cot!

There wasnt anything i bought that i couldnt live with out, but i bought lots of stuff i could live without, such as a moses basket, pram etc (i used a sling)

A Tiny Love playmat and at c. 6 months a leapfrog learn and groove. Both worth every penny!

We just use a cheap Mothercare dropside cot with the side off as a co-sleeper. Be careful if buying a proper co-sleeper from them - check the reviews, some don't actually push up flush with the adult bed so there's a gap.

A newborn to toddler vibrating lie-flat rocking chair thing is the only thing other than the buggy and clothes that I think I've used for both kids. They both napped in it as littleuns and the vibrate is great when they're windy. A good wrap or carrier is very handy too. Oh and cloth nappies!

For us, our Baby Bouncer (with vibration setting), Muslin squares and plenty of babygro's. What I wish I had done, was spent time with baby co-sleeping in the very early days. He just wouldn't settle at all in his crib. This time, we have a Moses Basket, so that if Baby falls asleep it's a lot easier. I remember the heart-ache of trying to transfer Lewis into his crib - he woke every single time!

jumperoo! life saver, we didnt get a baby walker, just the jumperoo, he used it the moment he could hold his head up nice and strong, he used it till almost 18 months, we had to make it higher with piles of books because he always wanted in it, once he was running around he didnt want to use it anymore.

so we got over a year of use out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->