What beauty products do you swear by?

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a rut with my beauty products. Really would like to try new things, but don't know what, or where to start! I want to overhaul my whole look from knackered mummy :haha:

What things do you use, that you swear by? Such as foundation, skin cream, cleanser, shampoo, make up etc?

Please share!

My recurrent go to are: Clinique moisturiser, foundation and concealer. I use bare minerals for blusher and their mineral veil. E.L.F for make up setting spray. YSL Shocking mascara (tend to use soap and glory's that I got in a pack day to day and I actually like it) Urban Decay naked 3 palette for eye shadow. I have a ton of Real Technique brushes.

I've recently bought La Roche Pusay toner and moisturiser to try and sort my skin, I use philosophy for cleanser.

I'm about to buy Nivea post shave balm to use as a make up primer as a bunch of women swear by it on a make up group I'm on fb but I worry about my skin breaking out, they say it's amazing though.

I'm about to buy Nivea post shave balm to use as a make up primer as a bunch of women swear by it on a make up group I'm on fb but I worry about my skin breaking out, they say it's amazing though.

Ooh this is interesting! I use smashbox just now and thats expensive :p

I live on MAC foundation
I always swap between shampoos to cleanse any silicone build up from conditioners.SO important these days as moisture struggles to get into the hair after to much build up! I like Lush shampoo bars for that.

I use smashbox primer, Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation for going out or special occasions (which are rare now, haha!)/Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation for every day, smashbox photo set translucent finishing powder, urban decay primer potion, naked 1 and smoky palettes and swear by my mac 217 and illamasqua 1 blending brushes to apply and blend, soap and glory supercat eyeliner, thick and fast super volume soap and glory mascara and finish off with urban decay all nighter spray... If I used any bronzer I use the bronzing balls from Avon but I rarely use them!

Cleanser wise I use Lush Aqua mariner and take my makeup off with L'oreal micellar water and a cotton pad and use simple moisturiser.

Shampoo wise I swap and change all the time. Using the Aussie miracle shine shampoo and head and shoulders apple because it smells AMAZING in my hair for ages after. I couldn't live without my lush rnb cream, macadamia oil and Umberto Giannini Heat defence either. xxx

Ooooh thanks for the reminder on r&b, bought it but haven't used it.

I love tresemme heat cream straight hair thingy :)rofl:) I never need to use straighteners after I found that, just blow dry and done!

It makes my hair feel amazing, AP! And it smells lovely :thumbup:

I can't live without:

Dermalogica special cleansing gel
Dermalogica multi active toner
My clarisonic face cleaner
Bioré blackhead nose and face strips

Mac studio fix liquid foundation
YSL touche éclat
Mac boldly bare lip pencil
My beauty blender sponge

Batiste dry shampoo

Those are my ultimate 'go to' products. I have a million other things that I use though :haha: I randomly upload my makeup and beauty recommendations on my Instagram if you fancy following me xx

Oooh yes, Nat! Love those pore strips. So satisfying :happydance:

Although I always feel I need tontry new stuf there are some products I absolutely swear by:

Mac Studio Fix powder
TheBalm the Manizer Sisters highlighters
YSL Effet faux cils maacara

Biotherm Aquasource for dry skin
Philosophy Purity made simple cleanser
St Ives scrub blemish control

Fudge shampoo Big bold oomf
Fudge Push it up blow dry spray
Batiste dry shampoo

I use Rimmel lasting finish foundation and MAC pressed powder. Lancome liquid eyeliner and Clinique high impact mascara (seems to be the only one that doesnt annoy my eyes). I've got some lovely Benefit lip balm and a Clarins lipstick for if I'm not at work.

I used Bedhead hair products - shampoo and conditioner plus afterparty xx

The few products I can't be without...
Esteé Lauder Doublewear foundation to cover mum circles!
Urban Decay eyeshadow primer
Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils
Boots essentials nail polish remover
Garnier micellar water

I've become quite lazy with skin care since being pregnant and have been using Simple's micellar cleansing wipes. They're a god send!
Elemis marine cream for a moisturiser and then that's about it.

Make up wise I adore Bourjois healthy mix foundation, rimmel's matte powder and urban decays naked 3 palette. That's my standard go to. Mascara I swap up all the time. Same with shampoo but at the moment i'm using Mane & Tail.

The oil cleansing method for your face. It's seriously the best thing I've ever come across. I've always had oily, acne prone skin and then after I had my daughter, I developed rosacea, which is basically an inflammatory, some would argue auto-immune skin condition, and it was incredibly painful and completely disrupted my life. I cut out all products on my face and just used oil and a hot cloth once a day in the shower to cleanse it. I rarely even need to moisturize. I use a mix of 30% castor oil, 70% sweet almond oil, plus a few added drops of lavender and tea tree essential oils, but there are loads of options depending on what works best for your skin. And it's seriously cheap. I spend maybe about £15 a year on products for my face now.

https://wellnessmama.com/7569/oil-cleansing-method/

Other than that, I like natural products for bathing or washing my hair. I use Faith in Nature bodywash or shampoo/conditioner or Dr. Bronner's usually. Now that I've stopped using anything synthetically scented, it makes me gag a little to smell normal soap or shampoo, so I've found those smell the nicest. They're also pretty affordable and the Dr. Bronner's especially goes a long way and lasts forever.

The oil cleansing method for your face. It's seriously the best thing I've ever come across. I've always had oily, acne prone skin and then after I had my daughter, I developed rosacea, which is basically an inflammatory, some would argue auto-immune skin condition, and it was incredibly painful and completely disrupted my life. I cut out all products on my face and just used oil and a hot cloth once a day in the shower to cleanse it. I rarely even need to moisturize. I use a mix of 30% castor oil, 70% sweet almond oil, plus a few added drops of lavender and tea tree essential oils, but there are loads of options depending on what works best for your skin. And it's seriously cheap. I spend maybe about £15 a year on products for my face now.

https://wellnessmama.com/7569/oil-cleansing-method/

Oooh I have never heard of this, I'm such a coconut oil fan too - I might try this! Thanks!

I tried micellar water stuff back when we had a thread about it last year. I thought it was alright at first, but later I found it was absolutely crap for taking make up off and thanks to that it made me break out horrifically. I think its awful stuff for cleansing!

Ooh I love beauty threads. I just rearranged my make-up bag last night and it felt so good :haha:

Things I absolutely can't live without are..
Gosh X-Ceptional Wear foundation in porcelain. Because it's taken me basically all of my life to find an affordable foundation that sits well on my face. And I would cry if they ever stopped making it.
Brow palette. I'm using a Pixi one atm because it was a gift but my favourite is by Gosh.
Gosh brow gel (basically anything by Gosh I'm obsessed :rofl:)
Coconut oil - I use it as moisturiser at night.
Lush henna blocks. The colour is rubbish but it makes my hair soooo shiny.
Spoolie wand.
Angled face brush.
Maybelline Colossal mascara.. again I've tried a million and it's just the best for me.

I use the Nivea post shave balm as a primer, it is amazing!!! My skin has been so clear since I started using it in the summer. Foundation is MAC studio fix, Revlon concealer, benefit blusher and mascara and Sleek contour. Soap and glory lip gloss, Rimmel eyeliner and Naked 3 eyeshadow. Love all of these but wouldn't last a week without Baptiste dry shampoo

ETA: Ciara Daly hero foundation brush, got it last year and wondered where it was all my life

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->