What beauty products do you swear by?

I couldn't live without my Liz Earle products. Cleanse and polish hot cloth cleanser wipes my make up off so easily, then the cooling toner and moisturiser are lovely. I had terrible breakouts before I started using it and if I skip a day I know about it, my skin is so much better since using it and my make up goes on lots better too!

I use mainly bare minerals make up. The neutralising primer, ready foundation, mineral veil, eyeliner, eye primer, mascara and blush. Eyeshadow I switch between the loose bare minerals and urban decay naked 2 is my fave. lipsticks are mainly MAC and a couple of bare minerals.
Benefit brow zings for my eyebrows and every few weeks I go to the benefit bar to have them tint and wax my brows for me :)

I used to wear Estée Lauder double wear but it felt heavy on my face and I was breaking out a lot. With the bare minerals I don't feel like I'm even wearing foundation I love it!

Anyone tried benefit mascara's? Looking to try a new one.

I couldn't live without my Liz Earle products. Cleanse and polish hot cloth cleanser wipes my make up off so easily, then the cooling toner and moisturiser are lovely. I had terrible breakouts before I started using it and if I skip a day I know about it, my skin is so much better since using it and my make up goes on lots better too!

I use mainly bare minerals make up. The neutralising primer, ready foundation, mineral veil, eyeliner, eye primer, mascara and blush. Eyeshadow I switch between the loose bare minerals and urban decay naked 2 is my fave. lipsticks are mainly MAC and a couple of bare minerals.
Benefit brow zings for my eyebrows and every few weeks I go to the benefit bar to have them tint and wax my brows for me :)

I used to wear Estée Lauder double wear but it felt heavy on my face and I was breaking out a lot. With the bare minerals I don't feel like I'm even wearing foundation I love it!

Anyone tried benefit mascara's? Looking to try a new one.

I've been using They're Real as it was a free sample in Elle and it's amazing stuff!

I've heard people rave about Estee Lauder's double wear but apparently they have changed the formula in the last 12-18 months and isn't the same? I've heard great things about Nars sheer glow. I am very prone to break outs and use Clinique anti blemish but it's just not giving me the coverage I need anymore, you can see how angry and red it is and its caking even with primer etc. Not sure what to try, keep hearing you have to be careful to pick a foundation that suits your skin type, so oil based for some people etc? I wouldn't describe my skin as oily but I have a spotty chin ATM!

I think Benefit's mascara is the best selling in the UK? I use YSL Shocking when trying to look done up, and currently just using soap and glory's for everyday use that I got in gift sets and I really like it, it goes on well.

Anyone else constantly bombarded by younique sellers?

For me -

Makeup -
Benefit porefessional primer
loreal true match foundation
mac select cover up concealer
urban decay primer potion
either of the urban decay original or 2nd naked palettes (I've got the 2nd one in my makeup bag at the moment, but will switch back to the 1st again soon)
rimmel scandaleyes eyeliner
benefit they're real mascara (my ultimate favourite is one of the marc jacobs ones I got as a sample from a sephora order last year, but I'm waiting until there's a few bits that I want before ordering again)
hourglass blushes
smashbox eyebrow pencil with benefit gimme brow over the top of that
lip wise I tend to stick to gloss, but am not fussy on the brand to be honest

Skincare -
Simple micellar wipes (the only ones that I've ever found to take off the most stubborn of mascara)
I'm trying out the Emma Hardie cleansing balm at the moment, so far so good
Nip & Fab toner pads
Oilatum moisturiser

Haircare -
I'm using tresemme keratin smooth at the moment for shampoo and conditioner, but fancy something a bit more luxurious as I'm feeling bleh with my hair at the moment
Kerastase forme fatale for heat protection and styling (I just tend to blow dry my hair straight)
Tigi bed head hairspray

I've heard people rave about Estee Lauder's double wear but apparently they have changed the formula in the last 12-18 months and isn't the same? I've heard great things about Nars sheer glow. I am very prone to break outs and use Clinique anti blemish but it's just not giving me the coverage I need anymore, you can see how angry and red it is and its caking even with primer etc. Not sure what to try, keep hearing you have to be careful to pick a foundation that suits your skin type, so oil based for some people etc? I wouldn't describe my skin as oily but I have a spotty chin ATM!

I think Benefit's mascara is the best selling in the UK? I use YSL Shocking when trying to look done up, and currently just using soap and glory's for everyday use that I got in gift sets and I really like it, it goes on well.

Anyone else constantly bombarded by younique sellers?

I don't use foundation as every time I try I don't like the results and/or it makes my skin worse after a few days. I wear MAC concealer on any spots/scars/red bits/under eye bags and let my skin show through everywhere else. On bad skin days, or if I want to look that bit better, I top it with loose Nars powder. It never looks cakey but coverage is complete (covers spots totally, powder covers pores). Plus this combination doesn't clog my pores. I would recommend this to anyone who can't find a foundation!

I'm always trying new things, but recently I've been transitioning over to more natural products. After getting one of their mud masks as a gift I've been obsessed with the stuff on https://instanatural.com/. I've only tried out their skin care stuff so far, but I'm loving it.

I use benefit foundation stick "spin the bottle" this is by far the best foundation I have used, also I use astral "possibly cheapest moisturiser" I use Mac mascara , benefit hoola bronzer.

Can someone link me to the pot lol!

I bought prep+prime+ from MAC yesterday-what is this magic?!?! I can't even explain it ��

Can someone link me to the pot lol!

I bought prep+prime+ from MAC yesterday-what is this magic?!?! I can't even explain it ��

This https://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/prod...ler/Studio-Finish-SPF-35-Concealer/index.tmpl

My beauty essential right now would be a bag.

For my head.

My skin is awful!

I love Superdrug tea tree face wash and the moisturiser to go with it and I also swear by savlon. I put it on my face every night before bed and it clears my skin right up. My face is so soft too. I've also just started to use mud masks every couple of days and they really smooth over your pores. My regime makes me sound like I have bad skin by what I use but I only get the odd few spots, I just like the clear pore stuff. If I don't have time to have a proper wash in the morning I sweep over my face with a Nivea cleanser which is lovely and fresh. I don't wear any make up apart from mascara xx

I use the Nivea post shave balm as a primer, it is amazing!!! My skin has been so clear since I started using it in the summer. Foundation is MAC studio fix, Revlon concealer, benefit blusher and mascara and Sleek contour. Soap and glory lip gloss, Rimmel eyeliner and Naked 3 eyeshadow. Love all of these but wouldn't last a week without Baptiste dry shampoo

ETA: Ciara Daly hero foundation brush, got it last year and wondered where it was all my life
Nivea post shave balm as in men's stuff? How interesting!! May have to try this!

Do any of you lovely ladies know of good products for acne prone skin and make ups that hide red skin. I was thinking about trying the mac products mentioned before xx

Do any of you lovely ladies know of good products for acne prone skin and make ups that hide red skin. I was thinking about trying the mac products mentioned before xx

Personally I'd recommend bare minerals, I use the 'ready' foundation rather than the loose because it's more of a full coverage.
I recommend this purely because you say you have acne prone skin, it's just mineral foundation it's not harsh on the skin. I had terrible skin from caking make up on to cover up imperfections but since using BM I barely get any break outs. I have Rosacea on my cheeks and it covers brilliantly. X

Personally I'd recommend bare minerals, I use the 'ready' foundation rather than the loose because it's more of a full coverage.
I recommend this purely because you say you have acne prone skin, it's just mineral foundation it's not harsh on the skin. I had terrible skin from caking make up on to cover up imperfections but since using BM I barely get any break outs. I have Rosacea on my cheeks and it covers brilliantly. X

Oh I didn't know you could get bare minerals in liquid form ill have a wee look online for that. It's rosacea i habe wanst sure if anyone would know what it was so called it acne lol my cheeks can be really red at times I hate it
Thanks

Oh I didn't know you could get bare minerals in liquid form ill have a wee look online for that. It's rosacea i habe wanst sure if anyone would know what it was so called it acne lol my cheeks can be really red at times I hate it
Thanks

They do a liquid form called bare skin, that's not the one I use though. The one I use is a pressed powder rather than the loose stuff which I just used to make a big mess with lol.
Elemis sos emergency cream is working out very good for my Rosacea, however it's quite pricey at £51 a tube. If you live local to debenhams you could go and get colour matched for the bare minerals and ask for a sample to try, and pop to the elemis stand and ask for a sample of sos cream too! :) x

I've just switched to Bare Moberaks blemish ready loose powder foundation, I love it, it's not enough for me to do full coverage of my acne (I probably could with primer, concealer etc) but I am out the house at 7.30am and its so easy to chuck on and get rid of angry red bits with little effort. I feel so much more confident with it but it has tea tree in it so good for bad skin :)

If you can, just a primer will make a 100% difference in coverage. I use the bb one at the moment. But there's all kinds, neutralising, oil control etc. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->