• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What beauty things are you all having?

Lauren25

Reaction score
I really can't decide what to do about certain things!

First of all I want a tan, I always just thought about a spray tan but then it's going to rub off on my dress which I don't want to happen and also we go to Vegas 3 days after the wedding so a spray tan would look rather rubbish and patchy at that point! So then I've been thinking sun beds! I have never used them before though so does anyone have any advice on how's best to use them e.g. How long before the day, how long each time, how many times a week etc! I just want a natural looking tan, nothing over the top!

Then there's my nails! I want nice nails as my nails are so thin and break so easily they always look a mess! I don't like the feel of acrylic nails so i seen that they do gel ones but does anyone know if they feel the same? Then there's those shellac ones, does anyone know if there any good?

Any help or advice would be great :)

I've only met one person that looked natural with a spray tan. Everyone else, including me, looks orange. It won't come off on your dress or anything like that and there's a touch up spray available, if splotchiness is an issue. UV tanning may be a good idea, as you'll be heading to Vegas. With a base tan, you'll be less likely to burn when you get there. I'm not sure what options you have available, but the staff at most tanning salons can tell you how long to tan and how often, after seeing your skin tone.

I know absolutely nothing about nails.

if you're planning on having a spray tab, I urge you to 1) exfoliate beforehand like mad!!!! and 2) have a trial run waaaay before your big day. I'd hate for you to have one and then seriously regret it but not be able to do anything about it. :)

nails wise, isn't shellac just paint on top of your own nails?! I'm not sure! sorry! I know you can buy some nail strengthener (Sally Anderson or something?!) maybe try that in the run up to the wedding and then invest in a good French manicure maybe?

that's what I intend on doing.......when I stop absent-mindedly biting the bloody things!!!!!! xx

Hmm I wouldn't tan if I were you. Brides look so much more elegant with their natural skin tone, and so long as you exfoliate and moisturise in the run up to your wedding you won't have any uneven bits, just beautiful natural skin. Vera Wang says similar on her blog, and she's pretty in the know :haha:

As for nails, how about painting them with clear nail strengthener for a few weeks before, then on the day a base coat, some neutral colour, and a top coat. They won't break after that.

Im thinking about hitting the sun beds, nothing major but to keep the tan i get from summer over winter. I am very pale otherwise.

I'm pale! But I want to be pale on my wedding day lol! I've only ever had a spray tan once and it wasn't the best haha!
So Shellac is a ultra hard nail polish basically that they paint on then seal with the UV light thing, from what I can gather it lasts 2+ weeks without chipping (or its supposed to).
Some people are awful at acrylics, others are amazing - when I last got a set on the girl who did them made them quite thin and they looked really natural and pretty (not these chunky things you see a lot of girls with!)
Gel nails aren't all that different from acrylics, if your own nails are crap you will still need the tips on (and I'm thinking thats the part that doesn't feel nice)

xx

A spray tan and a white dress will not end well :lol: It won't/shouldn't rub off onto anywhere noticeable, but where you sweat (I know, nice huh?) under your arms and arounds your bust it will transfer to the inside and edges of the dress immediately!! For sun beds, depending on your skin tone and how easily you do/don't tan you want to do no more than twice a week, starting with just a few minutes at a time. Anymore than that and you'll end up looking Ronsealed :haha: As before, a good tanning salon will give you advice and ask you questions etc. As for how long before, I would start a couple months before with just once a week and increase it to twice a week a few weeks before. But again, that depends on how easily you tan

Nails, I have no idea!! Do you want them longer for the day? If so then gel (they're nicer than acrylic IMO) is probably the easiest option. If you just want a colour that'll last then shellac is probably best. And I'd get them a week before hand so they should last you in Vegas too

Thanks everyone!

I think tan wise I'm going to go for sunbeds, I couldn't not have a tan, I'd be the same colour as my dress :haha:
I had a spray tan a few years ago and loved it but I did come off on my dress around the neck and under the arms etc so I really don't want that to happen!

Nail wise I think I'll invest in some of the nail strengthening stuff and see if it helps! Then if it does i might try the shellac nails!!

owwww im going to stay pale i think, but i will be getting my nails done to look pretty and want some natural false eyelashes!
not obvious ones just so they open my eyes up a bit i only have tiny eyes! lol

I was going to go on sunbeds as I'm very pale but now I've just decided to stay natural! Everyone's used to me looking pale anyway lol.
My nails are terrible aswell so I'm prob goig to start just getting regular manicures and then have one the day before the wedding.
I was going to start a skincare routine aswell but my skins pretty good without doing anything so I don't want to change what I'm doing just incase it has the opposite effect.

I will be using sunbeds and I will be getting short acrylic nails in a french manicure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->