What can I do??

tinymumma

Mummy to a rainbow boy
Reaction score
I've been pregnant before but I've never been to the doctors and had that whole experience. I've m/c before and I'm scared to death of it happening again. I'm constantly going to the bathroom to check for bleeding and every twinge sends me into another panic.
What can the doctors do for me? I know I need to go and get my levels checked, to see if they're doubling. I should be about 4+4 when I get my first blood work, what kind of levels should I be expecting? The hpt I took can detect as little as 10mlu so that's scaring me as well. They plus sign started showing almost immediately, way before the max 5 minutes and was a lot stronger than the line I got with my last pregnancy I ended up testing at 4+3 with a FR and it was incredibly faint, but there.
Should I ask for an early scan? Is there anything they can give me, or that I can do to prevent my chances of third round m/c?
I don't really feel pregnant. No nausea, slight cramping in abdomen and occasional shooting pains in my bb's. I've been feeling crabby and weepy all day but nothing that screams to me "You're pregnant" Is this normal? :wacko: I don't care how uncomfortable it may be, I just wish I had full blown symptoms, that would mean baby be healthy, right? :wacko:

I don't have too many symptoms either, it sounds like you're stressing an awful lot. There's some really good hcg charting info:
https://www.babymed.com/hcg-level-in-early-pregnancy

Just go see your doc and see if they'll give you a couple of hcg tests, it'll help put your mind at ease (the more info you have the more reassured you'll feel). You can plot hcg results on one of the online hcg calculators, I like this one the best:
https://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator

I've been pregnant before but I've never been to the doctors and had that whole experience. I've m/c before and I'm scared to death of it happening again. I'm constantly going to the bathroom to check for bleeding and every twinge sends me into another panic.
What can the doctors do for me? I know I need to go and get my levels checked, to see if they're doubling. I should be about 4+4 when I get my first blood work, what kind of levels should I be expecting? The hpt I took can detect as little as 10mlu so that's scaring me as well. They plus sign started showing almost immediately, way before the max 5 minutes and was a lot stronger than the line I got with my last pregnancy I ended up testing at 4+3 with a FR and it was incredibly faint, but there.
Should I ask for an early scan? Is there anything they can give me, or that I can do to prevent my chances of third round m/c?
I don't really feel pregnant. No nausea, slight cramping in abdomen and occasional shooting pains in my bb's. I've been feeling crabby and weepy all day but nothing that screams to me "You're pregnant" Is this normal? :wacko: I don't care how uncomfortable it may be, I just wish I had full blown symptoms, that would mean baby be healthy, right? :wacko:

Firstly, I may have accidentally hit 'report' instead of quote so hope nothing comes of that!

I'm going through similar, pregnant after a loss (and ivf) and don't feel pregnant. With my loss I had terrible sickness. Have you asked your doctor about baby asprin? It's often given to increase blood flow and reduce chances of miscarriage.

The earliest they scan you with ivf is 6 weeks, because before then you are unlikely to see much. You could get a scan from EPU at 5 weeks and there may be a gest sac, but it's unlikely the yolk or fetal pole would be visible and you wouldn't see the heartbeat till 6-7 weeks. It may just make you more worried.

Waiting for a scan is horrible. Good luck.

Honestly, I know pregnancy is scary, but you really NEED to stop worrying so much. You are really over thinking it. I know it is hard, but unless you learn to let it go a little bit, even if the next 8 weeks go perfectly, and you see a healthy baby, you will still worry. The worrying never stops, and there will always be something to panic about.

The best thing you can do is just learn to ride it out a bit. We all panic that things aren't progressing, but honestly, you've had the best outcome for how early you are. A nice strong test, which you have already said is stronger then with you mc. You can't really ask for more at this point! I'm 5+5 and only just getting morning sickness now. You really don't feel pregnant until you have a big belly, and can actually feel the baby.

Of course it's normal to worry that things may result like that time, but until there is a sign that that may be happening, it's really not worth getting yourself super anxious about.

If you feel you need a reassurance scan, you can always book a private one? But please wait until you're at least 6.5-7 weeks. Any earlier can just causes unnecessary panic if you don't manage to see the tiny foetal pole etc:hugs: I never bothered with getting numbers drawn, as I figured it wasn't worth the hassle. Time tells most.

Big hugs, and relax! You're pregnant!

It's perfectly normal to worry after suffering miscarriages, but even after two there's a huge chance that the next pg will be perfectly healthy, so try to feel reassured. It's also very normal to not feel pregnant or have many symptoms - I felt that way with all three of my successful pg's. I don't know much about having bloods done for hcg, as we don't routinely do it in the UK. I really think obsessing over numbers can do way more harm than good, especially as there's a massive range of normal numbers, and it's hard to be sure exactly how many dpo you are, or when baby implanted - thinking your numbers are too low can cause so much worry!

Try to be positive and take each day as it comes. If you ask for a reassurance scan, I'd recommend waiting until at least 7 weeks or more if you hope to see a heartbeat. And remember, early scans are notorious for people measuring "behind" and panicking that things are going wrong.

I wish you the best of luck for a happy and healthy pg :hugs: xxxxxxxxx

Hi tinymama i remeber you from tww a few months ago you were really late. Congrats so glad to see tou got a bfp!! I know your worried i was to but all is fine this time and same will probaly happen fpr you. I didnt feel anything besides sore breast till 5 +5 thats when ms hit amd my extreme tiredness. I got fx for you and im sure all is good just get to doc and get levels done im sure you will feel some better when you see numbers rising good

Hi hun

I personally requested a HCG test at 14dpo (day of missed period) and 16dpo. The levels vary A LOT it's more to do with the doubling. Mine were 135 on 14dpo and 470 on 16dpo

They didn't offer me any early scans as I'd only had one loss. So I booked in privatley and had a 6 week scan and then a 7 week scan and I'm going in at 9 weeks too.

Thinking of you! I know it must be hard but just have faith that this is your sticky baby x

*Squeals*
I LOVE YOU ALL! The reassurance you lovely ladies are giving my... I can't even! Thank you all so, so, so much. I've decided to just take each day, as it comes. Making sure to thank my little sea monkey at the end, for holding on for another day <3
xox Lots of love and I'm sure I'll be back for advice soon, haha xox

Your very welcome!! Just remember your preg today and thats what counts!!

You could ask about taking baby aspirin. It can help prevent MC in some women.

Hi hon. I'll try to answer your questions. Haven't read the previous posts. Your levels...if you google "hcg levels in pregnancy chart" you'll be able to see what hcg levels look like, but there's such a variation, and what really matters is that they're doubling every 48 or so hours.

They can give you progesterone supplements if they think that will help if they test your progesterone and it's low. Not sure if there's anything else they can give you, but make sure to take your prenatals.

Yes....you can ask for an early scan. My dr. didn't like to give them before 8 weeks, but I got them around six/seven weeks with both of my kids.

Yes...the way that you feel is completely normal! Congrats!

Feeling a lot better about everything today. I just started my Certificate lll in Aged Care today and that was a pleasant distraction from the mess that is my brain right now, haha. Tomorrow was the day I lost bub last time, so I'll probably be a little on edge but I still have every thing humanly possible crossed :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->