what can i do

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Jayden'sMummy, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Jayden'sMummy

Jayden'sMummy Jayden and Macie-Leigh xx

:cry:my poor little man is so sick, he is constantly hungry but can't keep his milk down because hes got the flu, diarrhea and is being sick all time. i have changed his clothes 3 times so far today but the first time he pooped so bad it filled two nappies and his clothes the other two times it was because he was drenched in sick! he is so snuffly and constantly sneezing (wiping his snotter on me too :dohh::rofl:) he has got bigger bags under his eyes than me after 3 days with no sleep! my poor little man, the doctors say all they can do is give me 'Rapolyte'

any advice what else i can do to help my little babi feel any better, i give him plenty of kisses and cuddles (which is how i caught the bloody flu :dohh:) :( x

2. sam's mum

sam's mum mum of two gorgeous boys

Oh no :( Sounds like you're doing everything he needs you to do! Did you get some of that stuff from the doctor though? Not heard of it but I assume it's to replace fluid if he's got diarrhoea so he doesn't get dehydrated?

Hope he's better soon :hugs: x

3. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

:hugs: its awful when they are poorly. Watch he doesnt get too hot or dehydrated this can be life threatening for babies. If you are worried take him to A&E to be sure

:hugs:

4. Jayden'sMummy

Yup i got it off the doctor to replace the stuff he spewing back or or pooping out lol. wish i could make him feel better :( x

5. Jayden'sMummy

he hasn't got a temperature and what signs do i look out for when there dehydrated? x

6. sam's mum

sam's mum mum of two gorgeous boys

If he's really dehydated he'll be weeing a lot less (might also be quite yellow when he does wee as it'll be more concentrated). Young babies also have a soft spot (diamond shaped but just above the forehead) which can dip down when they're dehydrated, but the skull bones close over it as they grow so I'm not sure if you'll still be able to see it.

As long as he's still feeding a bit and you're giving him the stuff from the doctor I'm sure he'll be fine :hugs: x

7. Jayden'sMummy

he is still weeing like but thats because ive got to replace his feeds with water to give him the rapolyte stuff x

8. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

Ah hun sorry he is ill, hope he gets better soon and you!!
    Another sign of dyhdration is if there mouth is dry x