what can i expect from 1st doctors appointment

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Hey girls,

Going to see the doctor 2moro for the 1st time, what can i expect from it?? should i take OH with me?

xx

Hello

Are you actually pregnant yet or are you being tested?

xx

Hi

How far pregnant are you?

I am 7 weeks and have my 1st midwife appointment on 27 December.

xx

I just had mine today and I am exactly 5 weeks today - we think. I was feeling a bit loony because I thought it was too early, but it was good. No ultrasound as the there is nothing really to see, but we scheduled one for 1/2. She basically did the same as an annual exam and asked a bunch of questions about family history etc... Discussed options for pre-screening ultrasound testing for high/low prob of Downs Syndrome and some other birth defect issues. Then they sent me in for some blood work. Oh, they did a UTI test too.

I just had mine today and I am exactly 5 weeks today - we think. I was feeling a bit loony because I thought it was too early, but it was good. No ultrasound as the there is nothing really to see, but we scheduled one for 1/2. She basically did the same as an annual exam and asked a bunch of questions about family history etc... Discussed options for pre-screening ultrasound testing for high/low prob of Downs Syndrome and some other birth defect issues. Then they sent me in for some blood work. Oh, they did a UTI test too.

oh thanks for that helps alot

Hey girls,

Going to see the doctor 2moro for the 1st time, what can i expect from it?? should i take OH with me?

xx

Hi

Have you been to the docs yet?? What happened, mine is on Monday, I can't wait!!

Amanda x

If it's actually the doctor then they may not do much. I saw the doctor when I was first pregnant and he arranged to me to see the midwife who did all the asking about history, blood tests ect. I guess everywhere is different though but your "booking in" appointment is normally just questions, blood tests, working out your edd from your lmp and giving you lots of info in your bounty pack.

this is a useful thread, thanks.

I cant book an appointment at my docs they said, they can only book emergency appointments so im gonna have to wait after the new year .. :(

Hi

Have you been to the docs yet?? What happened, mine is on Monday, I can't wait!!

Amanda x

yeah i've just been its a bit boring really, i showed her the test i did and she said i waas pregant and she took some urine and sent it off just 2 be sure, have 2 ring back monday 4 that, she said once i ring on monday they will book me in 4 my 1st mind-wife appointment, she asked some questions 2 and that was it

oh and she told me i was around 5weeks and due around 22nd of august

thats good. at least you got to see the doc. i cant even go !
i think im due around 25th coz i used one of those calculator things online.

thats good. at least you got to see the doc. i cant even go !
i think im due around 25th coz i used one of those calculator things online.

yeah i used one of those 2 and thats what it said 2 me 2, but doctor said 22nd, how come u cant go 2 the doctors?

i cant see the doctor either,i called last week to make an apointment but they said i dont need to see a doctor and they just booked me in with the mid-wife.
when i finally see the mid-wife ill be 10 weeks.
i was hoping to see a doctor before then but if they dont need to see me there isnt much i can do.

I cant book an appointment with the doctor because they aren't taking any appointments until after new year...but like cant i just go to midwife for my scan how you said mrsnewbury ?? how did u do it ? is your appointment with the midwife in the hospital or in your GP ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->