What can I expect

mrzkay

Reaction score
I Am under constultant care in this pregnacy because of underactive thryiod , what should I expect ? X

Extra appointments and possibly extra scans - most of my family have either under/over active thyroid and this is what they had x

Thank you! I get my first appot on the 17 June

Oh good luck - I forgot to say you will prob have more bloods taken to check your levels x

I have an underactive thyroid but throughout my pregnancy all I have had is extra bloods taken and checked and got my Levothyroxine dose upped from 100mg to 150mg daily from the very start :)

I've been on Levothyroxine for a number of years and the only difference that I've experienced is that I've had my levels checked more frequently. I think I've had my TSH checked three times during pregnancy. We had to make one adjustment early on but other than that the levels have been normal. It hasn't seemed to affect the pregnancy at all because baby's doing great!

I've had hypothyroidism since I was about 8 years old. I too take Levothyoxrine to help control it. The harder part is mostly its just trial and error for the proper dosing. For me, pregnancy and low thyroid = more frequent visits to the endocrinologist as well as more blood work. When I'm not pregnant or postpartum, I get bloods about every 6 months and see the doctor about that too. But when I'm pregnant I get bloods drawn every 4-6 weeks. Last pregnancy I went to see the endo every month. This pregnancy I still get my blood drawn monthly but I only see the endo once per trimester. He calls me if I need to change my dose. He also monitors me very closely during the postpartum period bc so far every time I've given birth I've ended up w postpartum thryoiditis and its very severe. Ppl w thyroid condition are at higher risk of developing this condition as well. So please educate urself about the signs and symptoms of postpartum thryoiditis bc w my first it went undiagnosed for far too long. It led to many issues. And can ruin milk supply

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->