What carseat??

tinkerbelll

Reaction score
hi everyone, was looking round my local baby shop today and decided to check out the carseats, i was quite surprised to notice there was a big difference on the weight of some of them, which got me thinking...... i was gonna just get the matching carseat to my pushchair, but after finding out the max a baby should be in a carseat is 2 hours (which would be no good for any of my shopping trips!), im now thinking if im not gunna use it on my pram then what the point in getting matching and i should just go for a lighter one... but which one??? so i was wondering which carseat everyone had gone for and why (if there was a reason)

I just have a graco one. I didn't buy it for any reason as I wont be carrying it around anywhere, I'll use my buggy for that.

i bought a maxi cosi, i honestly just love the look of them

i got a concord ultimax simply because Concord seemed a good make on crash tests - can't put a price on safety - and because it will last from birth until baby is 3 or 4. There's a part of teh seat to remove when baby gets bigger which makes it deeper and you can get a cosy insert to put in when baby is tiny.
I dont want to have to buy another in 9 months and then have lots of things to store until baby number 2 comes along so I chose this.

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B000W0CZ3S

I have a Prima Viaggio IP as it goes with my pram - but doesnt match lol! They can only be in there for two hours non stop, but you can take them out for half an hour whilst you have a coffee or lunch or something - or even feed them, then pop them back in. Personally, I am only going to use the car seat in the pram for short trips as he will be born with a dodgy back.

We have the one for our pram, Jasmine rarely goes in it though as I tend to use the pushchair, carseat only gets used in the car.

With my son we had a bebe confort creatis car seat that fitted onto the loola pushchair frame. It was a fantasic car seat as my son fitted snugly and his head was very well supported. A friend of ours had a bebecar car seat and her sons head would flop forward when asleep. This time we are going to get a maxi cosi car seat as it scored best in the which guide tests for safety plus it will fit onto the frame of my quinny zapp pushchair.

i dont drive DH does so our carseat will only be used at weekends when we go out in car i will use my pram x

We got a Maxi Cosi because it's supposed to have performed the best in crash tests.

I got told that the max a new baby should spend in a car seat at a time is 20-30 mins due to the unatural position it puts baby in. The guy at the baby show was showing me the RECARO seat at the time, very expensive, but a very good make and sounds a bit like the one TinyToes mentions (you can use the base for a lot longer). He said that the Recaro has lumbar support, which pushes babies abdomen forward to make it straighter and good head support to stop it falling to the sides etc. I don't know which one to get yet, as my husband is looking into it (a job I've given him), but I will be looking for all the things mentioned above.

We also went for the Maxi-Cosi because it fit's onto our pram (bugaboo), has the wedge and head support inside for when they are very small and because I love the look of them.
It's good to no it scored well in crash test's, thanks girls :) Feel bad not looking at that now!

Maxi Cosi - goes with the quinny buzz pram, plus it tested very highly, and is quite light to carry, it also seems to fit more cars than others.

Well I have the silvercross ventura car seat and it may look great but it's really heavy and huge! It doesn't really look it in the shop but it must be something to do with the angles because it's a very tight fit to get the seat belt around it and I've heard it doesn't fit in some cars at all. Also you have to take the hood off before putting it in the car.

You should check and see if your car has Isofix, it's a much safer way of fixing you car seat than using the seatbelt

Ive gone for the maxi-cosi because it fits onto the quinny buzz which is the buggy we have brought. Its also very light xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->