What clubs do your LOs go to?

Right now Hannah (5) is in a drawing class Friday evenings and ballet on Saturday afternoon. When the weather warms up I'll put her in a swim class on Saturday as well. I find it to hard to do classes during the week (we don't have a car so use public transit) as we get home to late. My kids go to bed at 7 though :lol: (Hannah *really* needs that sleep!)

Rhys (20 months) is in an art class, a musical melody class, and kindergym. I go as well though of course and t hey are in the morning while his sister is at school. I'll likely drop one of those and put him in swim as well when the weather is warmer to though (he loves the water!)

At the moment Earl does pre-school 2 mornings a week and gymnastics 1x a week. We go skating/swimming/softplay as a family.

Once he starts school and is settled into his routine I'm hoping he'll want to join beavers (want all 3 of them to go this route if I'm honest) and then when he's ready we'll start him with music lessons once a week. This will be in addition to his sport activity (at the moment gymnastics).

Because I'll have 3 boys I'm hoping they'll all be similarly interested in groups etc. I would like them to do 1 sport, 1 music and 1 social activity but if I'll have to curb it if I end up with 9 different activities!? :wacko:

I don't think kids need/want something every day/night of the week. They get given quite a lot of homework from early on, plus they need time to take in all that they have learned as well as have 'experiences' as a family. Reading a story and talking about their day over dinner is just as important as extra-curricular activities in my opinion.

Dont forget the ice hockey ;)

At the moment Earl does pre-school 2 mornings a week and gymnastics 1x a week. We go skating/swimming/softplay as a family.

Once he starts school and is settled into his routine I'm hoping he'll want to join beavers (want all 3 of them to go this route if I'm honest) and then when he's ready we'll start him with music lessons once a week. This will be in addition to his sport activity (at the moment gymnastics).

Because I'll have 3 boys I'm hoping they'll all be similarly interested in groups etc. I would like them to do 1 sport, 1 music and 1 social activity but if I'll have to curb it if I end up with 9 different activities!? :wacko:

I don't think kids need/want something every day/night of the week. They get given quite a lot of homework from early on, plus they need time to take in all that they have learned as well as have 'experiences' as a family. Reading a story and talking about their day over dinner is just as important as extra-curricular activities in my opinion.

Dont forget the ice hockey ;)

I'm under no illusions - gymnastics will soon be replaced! lol :haha:

I'm dreading it if they all end up doing it! 4 sets of ice hockey gear drying constantly :sick: lol

I gave up on the drying and smell a long time ago, the kit gets dumped in a large cupboard and I try my very hardest not to go in there the back of the door is covered with those stick on air fresheners lol

My son does gymnastics and will soon be doing forest school with nursery

My daughter does dance class during the school year and another activity in the summer, last year she did soccer this year she wants to try horseback riding. She's also pretty active in our church, we go every other Saturday to a parent/child potluck there, every Sunday morning (and sometimes she likes to volunteer to help with the service so we're there extra long those days) and additional activities there. Between those things and school she's kept busy enough, I like for her to have free time at home as well so I'm reluctant to put her in much else.

There are no clubs for kids here :( I wanted to take him to judo but hes been ill past while so cant go and we have horse riding at the house here but thats rather dear and he has no interest in horses. Hard to find anything to do for kids here at all. We have a pool miles away and no car.

Joshua does swimming on a Saturday morning. That's it at the moment.

We are thinking of signing him up for a martial arts class if he fancies it and the Cubs/Scouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->