What comes to mind with Brae?

anteater

Reaction score
Are there any associations with the name Brae and do you think of it as a girl's or a boy's name?

Really struggling to find a name we like and this one appeals to us but I always like to check there isn't someone in a soap or kiddies programme called the same thing.

Thank you:flower:

'Ive never heard it before, so have no association with it :shrug:. I'm not sure if I think its masuline or feminine, I think its one of those names that would suite either gender :thumbup:

I have a feminine association with the name.

One of my female students' name is Braelyn.

Love it.

is it pronounced bree or bray?

Bree is very girly

Bray ive never heard but sound a bit more masculine to me

Girl:
Brae Elizabeth
Brae LeeAnn
Brae Kathrine

Boy:
Brae Jame
Brae Nathaniel
Brae Reagan

I'm in Scotland so I have associations with place names (like Braehead or Skara Brae). I can't really say that it sounds particularly feminine or masculine to me, probably because I've never encountered it on a person.

Brae itself sounds incomplete to me.

:pink: Braelei, Braelynn

:blue: Brayden

Cheese, the first thing to come to my mind was cheese.

Sorry but I just think of the noise a horse makes - bray!

Cheese because of brie
The sound a donkey makes

I don't associate this name to anyone/anything. It isn't feminine/masculine to me. But I do agree that it sounds incomplete. I have a friend whose son is Brayden, she calls him Bray.

There is a place near me (in Ireland) called Bray so I think of there, I think it could suit a boy or girl but the noise a horse makes did pop into my head too, although im sure if I knewa kid called Brea it wouldnt have ..I met a little girl called Breya the other day and loved the name, maybe you like that ?

Definitely a girl's name. Absolutely gorgeous. It makes me think of bracken, but that's not a bad thing.

It makes me think of the cheese Brie, sorry.

I'm not 100% on whether it sounds feminine or masculine, I think it could work for both. But I think the spelling Brae looks feminine.

:flower:

Definitely a girl's name. Absolutely gorgeous. It makes me think of bracken, but that's not a bad thing.

Hmm, I quite like the name Bracken too, but don't think I would be brave enough to use it.

By the way we know we are having a boy so it would be Brae (Bray) for a boy, not 'bree'/'brie', which sounds more feminine to me.

It's either Brae, Barney or Monty at the moment????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->