What constitutes a blood clot? (TMI)

pinkpolkadot

Reaction score
Hi all :hi:

I've been bleeding on and off for a couple of weeks now :-( I went for an early scan and everything is OK but the bleeding continues.

The nurse said only to go back before my next scan if I have heavy bleeding with clots. I was just wondering what you think constitutes a clot as I have had (sorry TMI) some little bits (looks like dried blood?) and also some longer, thicker stringy bits which kind of looks like dark red/brown mucus. Having not seen a blood clot before I'm not really sure what I am looking out for, any help would be much appreciated :thumbup:

Many Thanks

i had a bit of bleeding with small clots when i was 11 weeks gone. I went to A+E to get checked out and was told they get concerned when the clots are the size of a 50pence (in the UK) and with stomach cramps

Hi all :hi:

I've been bleeding on and off for a couple of weeks now :-( I went for an early scan and everything is OK but the bleeding continues.

The nurse said only to go back before my next scan if I have heavy bleeding with clots. I was just wondering what you think constitutes a clot as I have had (sorry TMI) some little bits (looks like dried blood?) and also some longer, thicker stringy bits which kind of looks like dark red/brown mucus. Having not seen a blood clot before I'm not really sure what I am looking out for, any help would be much appreciated :thumbup:

Many Thanks

Hi Pinkpolkadot.

Seems we're in a similar sitaution i had pinky discharge on mon and wed but am taking part in some medical research involving a progestrone/placbeo suppository so when i spoke to the doctor wed at a prearranged early scan she said not to worry and it is likely to be irration from the suppositorys (they also went on to do the sheduled scan and saw a hb) today i have started having pains and red blood when i wipe so rang local epau and thankfully they got me straight in. saw the baby again and again hb good and strong. said everything with baby looks "great" and they are not sure why there is blood and to go back in 2 weeks unless i start having a "signifcant loss of blood or clots" bleeding has got a little heavy but still only when i wipe. whenw as your last scan if its been a while and your concerned i dont see the harm in going in to a and e, do you have another scan already arranged? i suppose it all depends if you can wait til then without knowing for sure. If my bleeding increses so that i need to use a pad im gonna head straight back in.
Hoping everthing goes ok for you sweetie.

Keep me posted xxx

Hi joey, yes it's worrying isn't it, even after the scan! My scan was only Monday and I have another in just over 2 weeks so not long to wait. My bleeding is less than it was so I will just have to try and ignore it (although it does worry me!)

If it gets very heavy or with clots (now i know what I'm looking for!) I will go back in but I don't fancy another 7 hour nightmare in A&E if it can be helped :growlmad:

Hope everything works out for both of us and keep me posted too :flower:

I would go back to see her hun, If she said to come back if you pass clots. It sounds to me that you have, it may be ok, but it would be worth getting bubba checked again for your peace of mind :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->