What contraception are you going to use?

I'm on the copper coil, i got it cause i didn't want anything hormonal and want to know my cycles before we ttc again near the end of the year. I know it is meant to be a long term thing but i need something reliable and my doctor said having it in for a short amount of time is fine ,as i wasn't sure if getting it put in and taken out all in a year would be any good but it is so i'm happy

I was on Cerazette before TTC and I am certain it is part of the reason why I ended up with screwed up tubes and low progesterone issues. The only benefit was that it completely stopped my periods.
For this reason I now don't trust any hormonal contraception so will be using Natural Family Planning - temping, OPKs etc. and avoiding my fertile times. I also worry about the hormones going into LO through my milk (even though they say it's safe)
Natural FP is not foolproof but can be 98% effective when done properly....and I had LOTS of practise while TTC.
I point blank refuse to use condoms. I hate them beyond words and would rather go without sex.

i wonder if this was the one i used? i'm not trustworthy of hormone contraception :nope:

I'm not sure what to use. Im planning to go to the doctors next week to get it sorted. I used to be on the pill, cant remember which one, ive used a few, but it made my hormones go crazy, i would be happy one minute and sad the next, i really really don't want to be like that again. Im looking into the implant need to do a bit more research though, although OH thinks i dont need to take any birth control :wacko: after LOs traumatic delivery into the world i dont think i will be having anymore kids for a while! haha

I got the implant as I fell pregnant on the injection so didnt trust that again and had problems with the pill so gave the implant a try and I am very happy with it.

im still in two minds about the injection and implant! i got my doc app tomorrow x

Im using the born again virgin method and think its gonna work quite well. My sons 4 months and I am still not up to having sex.

I have just been to the doctor today to get the pill. Was going to go for the coil because it's hormone free and I generally don't cope well with hormones but we are probably going to be trying again by the end of the year.

I am having a tubal ligation done as this is our last baby. . if i get preg. afterwards, it will truly be meant to be! lol

This is what I have been wondering,'i am hoping that dh will come round to TTC again as soon as we can although not sure when due to c section but we are using condoms at the moment.
Is it possible to do NFP when breast feeding? I got so used to doing my temps and opks but I have not had a period yet so i don't know ???

All hormonal contraceptives are a no no for me as I have a slight hormonal imbalance anyway (pcos symptoms but testing/scans clear) so they only serve to mess me up more. I'm also not a fan of condoms. Although I want to BF LO for as long as possible and want to prevent pregnancy for this reason, otherwise I don't mind getting pregnant again. I'm hoping that like with my others I only become fertile again after my period has been back for a couple of months and they are well onto solids.

All hormonal contraceptives are a no no for me as I have a slight hormonal imbalance anyway (pcos symptoms but testing/scans clear) so they only serve to mess me up more. I'm also not a fan of condoms. Although I want to BF LO for as long as possible and want to prevent pregnancy for this reason, otherwise I don't mind getting pregnant again. I'm hoping that like with my others I only become fertile again after my period has been back for a couple of months and they are well onto solids.
Have you considered the copper coil? No hormones and your fertile as soon as you take it out, so you can prevent a pregnancy until your ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->