What contraception are you going to use?

MrsNovBaby

Reaction score
Hi

Always used condoms until we decided to try for a baby, but now want something that will ease my periods :wacko:, so I am thinking about the injection which lasts 3 months.

Is anyone else changing contraception? Or using the injection?

Thanks xx

we're going to be ttc this september/october so we don't want anything to get in the way, I've switched from post natal vits to pregnacare already lol but even if we weren't I don't want to ever use anything other than condoms as the implant has more than put me off :flower:

I hated the injection, it made my periods completely crazy! We're using condoms but I'm thinking about getting the implant x

We're currently using condoms, but I'm considering going on the mini pill because I'm bf. I was on regular bc pill before we ttc Clara. DH wants to get himself "fixed" but I'd like to have another and am hoping that in a couple years he might change his mind so don't want him to do something so permanent.

i'm not sure either? but bf so i guess i'm kinda covered lol but cant take everything. i was on a pill once think it was more like a mini pill? or the one with less hormone in it? as microgynon would give me migranes. you take it with no breaks, which i thought was great.
please look into these pills as they made me crazy lol i mean crazy lol sad emotional i just didn't see it at the time :( after asking around it seems lots of people felt the same! iv'e had lots of diff pills in the past but never one that made me feel that way!
just be warey that's all lol xxx think it was called zettte ? something like that lolx

I'm on cerrazette but there is a problem with beig able to get them cuz of the production of tem pharmacys can't get hold of them

Im on cerazette too, have been on it since october. My nurse warned me about the problems when i got my repeat prescription a couple of weeks ago, but had no trouble getting it. I really like this pill, its ment to stop periods but i still get a little break through of spotting every now and then. Its got no other side effects for me.

I was on the depo injection before i was ttc, and it really messed me up. My periods took just over a year to come back but never came back to a normal cycle, and it took us 2 years to concieve. I would only recommend it if you dont want anymore children for a while, but personally i would never ever have it again x

I had the depo injection at my 6 week check up and it messed up my periods, made them heavier and longer and totally unpredictable, I've now got the implant and although I've had random periods it does seem to have settled down now, I personally wouldn't have the depo again but that's just me, everyone's bodies reacts to them differently. I was on the pill before Lucy arrived but sort of forgot to take it for a few months

We are using condoms for now, but I am considering the copper coil for me or vasectomy for my OH. The copper coil is hormone free and good for 10 years at which point I should have hit menopause. :thumbup:

Im on Ovranette...No side effects or anything - YAY! I was considering the coil, but its a 5 yr thing and we wanna TTC in 18months or so!

I want something that will either make my periods lighter or stop them altogether - I am a swimming teacher and when I go back to work I can't have randon periods. I think that I will speak to my Doc xx

Ovranette gives me very light periods. But if u continue with it back to back it stops them altogether until you sop takin them!

I was on Cerazette before TTC and I am certain it is part of the reason why I ended up with screwed up tubes and low progesterone issues. The only benefit was that it completely stopped my periods.
For this reason I now don't trust any hormonal contraception so will be using Natural Family Planning - temping, OPKs etc. and avoiding my fertile times. I also worry about the hormones going into LO through my milk (even though they say it's safe)
Natural FP is not foolproof but can be 98% effective when done properly....and I had LOTS of practise while TTC.
I point blank refuse to use condoms. I hate them beyond words and would rather go without sex.

I was going to start the injection but my doctor advised me not to have it. He said it puts weight on you (which i really dont want as ive got a lot of baby weight to shift already!) and he said it can lead to osteoporosis so they advise you to have it as the last resort :shrug: Weve been told to stick with condoms x

I've heard the injection makes a lot of people gain a lot of weight fast!
I got implanon, the arm implant. I had very light spotting for about a week at first, but no other side effects since then. It's great because sometimes I get these moments that I suddenly feel like I want to make another baby asap even though I know we're in no position to do that right now, one is enough work! Since it's implanted in me and lasts for 3 years I'm guaranteed not to change my mind and make babies until then! Unless of course I go to the clinic and have it taken out.

i'm using natural methods.
i learned so much about my body & my cycle when ttc & i don't want to go back to using other methods of contraception (the pill messed my body up, i'm too squeamish for a lot of others, oh not keen on condoms - if i get pregnant again, oh well!).
xx

am thinking of changing to the inplant, do you still get periods with it??
As I want something that will stop them if possible

I had the injection which really messed my body up for about 2 years so now after having Ryan I have the implanon implant so far it's been fine I've had a bit of spotting nothing major but the dr advised may happen for the first couple of months then they should go xx

i'm using natural methods.
i learned so much about my body & my cycle when ttc & i don't want to go back to using other methods of contraception (the pill messed my body up, i'm too squeamish for a lot of others, oh not keen on condoms - if i get pregnant again, oh well!).
xx

That's what my parents used, which is why there are 5 of us (oops). Not very good odds for me, since I would not be happy if I got pregnant again. Totally great method if you don't mind having more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->