What could be wrong?

tiana.h

Reaction score
Hey guys. This is going to be a novel, so I apologize in advance.
I need a bit of help trying to figure out what's going on. I've tried googling but I can't find anything. Bad idea, honestly. Any symptoms on google immediately point to the worst-case scenario. First off, a bit about me. I'm 19, and just started trying to conceive. I know some may think it seems young, and I agree, in a way. However, I raised my niece when I was age 13. Her parents weren't doing well at the time - her father in jail and mom not coping, gone for weeks at a time. I lived with them at the time and took on my 3 month niece and 3 year old nephew for a little longer than a year. I loved every moment of it. As you may have been able to tell, my family wasn't doing too well at the time. Thankfully, my niece and nephew are back with their mother and she has pulled herself back together. She's a CNA and has a stable job. Back to myself, I am currently living with my boyfriend in CA. I am going to college online to become a Web Developer. My boyfriend works in IT and has an amazing, well-paying job (though he's currently looking at jobs for an even higher pay - he's very ambitious). He's 23, and will be 24 next week. We've decided it's the right time for us to start a family.

My cycle this month has been pretty, well, crazy. Enough that, I should be starting my next cycle today or tomorrow. Instead, I just stopped bleeding. Let me explain - thought, just a warning, I may/will most likely get descriptive and give a little TMI. So, I started my cycle on the first of April, and ended on the sixth. It was extremely heavy. To the point that I had to drive an ~ 1hr 15mins and I was overflowing by the point that we got to our new apartment (we were moving that day). There was nowhere to stop to do anything so I just had to ride it out. It was horrible. I had just started so I had no idea it would be so heavy. In my purse, I had 2 tampons and a pad, to use while we moved. We only expected it to take us until 4 or so, and I figured if I needed any extra tampons I could unpack them by the time I was through with what I had. Instead, I had to send my brother-in-law to the store. In about 4 or 5 hours I was through a pad, two tampons, and -ew- some toilet paper. My periods have been from super light to pretty heavy, but this was bad. I'd only had one where I'd bled so much. This time it was just so much worse because of the lack of hygiene. I felt disgusting. Not to mention that I still had to drive the hour and fifteen minutes to drop off my brother-in-law at home and unpack. It was a mission.

As I said, my period ended on the 6th. I got lighter through the days and was just another period. I was just glad it was done and over with. Oh, one last thing. There were a few blood clots, which aren't abnormal for me. However, when I wiped, one was on the toilet paper and it had a blue flake. Almost like a hard flake of nail polish, inside the blood clot. It was bright blue. I had no idea what it was, but there were no more like it and my period ended, so I figured everything was fine. No big deal.

The day after I was supposed to ovulate (14th), I started bleeding again. Not heavy. It started light then was like a normal period. I just put in a tampon and went on my way. The bleeding continued until the 26th of April.

Something similar to this happened to me in August. I was on my period, as expected, from August 3rd to the 7th. Then I started bleeding again from Aug 15th to the 2nd of September or so. However, I was out of state the whole time, on an Army base, so I just waited it out. I stopped a few days before I got home so it wasn't much concern over finally being home.

I'm not scared, honestly. I'm a bit confused. I just want to see if anyone has had anything similar? It's thrown off my cycle, as I should be starting a new one today. Last time, I wasn't to concerned. Then again, I wasn't trying to conceive at that point either. Makes it a bit hard when I'm not sure when I'm going to start my period, ovulate, or anything else I usually know. I've been doing ovulation tests for the last week, hoping to get some insight. So far, nothing, though I'm not surprised.

That is a really interesting situation with your cycle. I think it warrants asking your doctor about, especially the bright blue clot you saw. I have never heard of that, and I've been teaching women's health for a long time..but sometimes dark red or brown blood might look blue?. Blue discharge during the rest of your cycle might indicate a ph issue and could point to an infection (hpv, bv, yeast, etc), but I know this was during your period and was a blob not ongoing discharge. When I first read your description it sounded like you may have had a chemical pregnancy, but I'm not sure.

Wishing you lots of good on your journey to a bfp! You don't seem too young to me- you seem like a very thoughtful and intelligent person! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->