What could be wrong?

ab2401

Reaction score
I'm sorry this is going to be long, but please read because I am at a loss.

Sorry again for not being on in a bit, I have missed you all but we have been having a real issue with Rylee.

So there for a while after Rylee was born things where messy (duh!) and then we get her on a nice routine and things where working out great. She goes from 2oz to 3oz just fine (dont remember when) and then on the 30th of march she started taking 4ozs. I think we started that kinda late because I had new mom brain and forgot that I could up the amount and for a week or two was giving her 3oz ever two hours instead of the normal three hours then it donged on me to just give her 4oz and then that worked. we where doing 4oz every three hours and she was back on her routine.... bath at 9 15pm bottle afterwards and in bed and asleep by 11pm.... most of the time it was closer to 10pm, night feed between 2-4am and then up at 7 30-8am.

During the time she was taking the 3-4oz she stopped waking up twice a night and is now only walking up once..... if she wakes up twice the second time she is up and ready to go.... not going back to sleep. So this last week or so she has started waking up at 6am..... We had a few weekend in a row where family and friends came in town so her routine got a little messed up but it didn't take long to get her back on it. About a week ago she stared going crazy. Nothing has changed in her routine. We still do everything the way we have since we started it but she just hasn't wanted to do it. I guess I dont know how else to put it.

About 3 days ago she started this thing where she cries but its not a "I'm hungry, dirty diaper or in pain" cry.... its more whinny and sounds like I just hurt her feelings.

When she was first born we held her like any new parents would their first child (a good bit) and then we decided we didn't want her to get dependent on being held so we tried putting her down more which she wasn't happy with at first but soon became accustomed to it and now she doesn't want to be held unless shes eating.... she will be really happy all day long laying in her swing, play pin, crib and/or the floor and then I want to hold her and when I go to get her she gets really really mad and I have to put her back down. 7 out of 10 times putting her back down makes it better and the other 3 times it just opens a can of worms.

She starts pitching a fit and nothing from there will make her happy other then enough food to put her to sleep assuming she didn't just eat and then I'm SOL. Like I said she has this new cry that eats me up because it sounds so helpless and on top of that she is really loud. In between my friends and family there have been 5 babies born all with in 3 weeks and Rylees cry/scream is unbearable. I'm not kidding it really hurts your ears even if your not holding her. My ears have never been like this and I really hate to say it but these past few days since she has started all this when she screams like that for really no reason (that I know of) and for hours it kinda gets on my nerves. I never wanted to say or feel like that but I cant help it.

Anyways, I'm sorry I keep jumping from one thing to another.

So tonight she took her first 5oz bottle, she did ok there was one point in time where she choked a little bit.... I dont see how any one can choke on liquid but I guess babies can and it kinda scared me (like anyone) so I think 5oz might be to much but she took it all.... she did spit up a little more then normal but that vaires from bottle to bottle with her and when she takes 4oz she always seems to want more. I'm not sure though because she just started taking the 4oz not even a week ago. It seems longer but I write all her neat little things down and thats one of them so I know it was the 30th that we started that. Should a baby this young be taking 5oz already?

She has just been so fussy, this past week. During the morning and day shes the best little baby.... 90% of the time she lays around in or on something (she doesn't want to be held) and then she will eat and sleep for a bit and lay and goo and gaa and then about 6pm ish the devil comes out and she just cries and screams that god awful scream and nothing works.... she started to do this just not as bad about 2 weeks ago and we worked out a plan that seemed to work. A bath ever night to calm her down and get her sleepy then a bottle while I'm putting lotion and diaper on her because at this point shes screaming and that worked for a bit and now before her bath while daddy is getting everything ready I give her a baby massage with warming oil, her poop and then her bath and bottle and we get her in the bed at the same time but again with the screaming.

HELP! I dont know what to do, what not to do, what I'm doing wrong.

I just need help.

Yes, with the "poop" thing I'm sure most of you have read in my other post or replies Rylee has bee constipated pretty much since the day she was born and I have tried ever thing anyone has ever told me to and nothing worked.... I even put her on soy. The only thing I can do to get her to poop it help her my self by doing a rectal temp. and moving it in circles.... and then she will go. I do this about 3 times a day. Shes seems to be a much a happier baby since I have started this... except these last weeks or so.

Hun has she got wind? My mates baby used to be like that at night she would scream and scream and they found out she had really bad wind at night which used to make her hurt. Have u tried giving her grip water?

It does sound like it could be bad wind and linked to her constpation
Try and talk to your HV hun

I'm sorry i'm not much help, it must be so draining for you
xxx

I know this will sound stupid but she has some during the day.. some days more then others but not a whole lot at night.

Since I have learned a way to make her go she has gotten a little better.

Most babies with bad belly aches get in right in the early evening. Maybe that's just it. It also often happens during the first 3 months and goes away just as it appeared. Have you tried a belly massage? There is one often called the I Love You massage.

You place baby down in front of you so that you are facing one another.

You take your right hand and go down from the top of her belly to the lower abdomen on your right-hand side (her left side). That's the I part.

You then take your right hand again and make an upside-down L going from the upper abdomen, on your left side (her right) until you reach the right side (her left). YOu then you down as for the I. This creates the upside-down L for Love.

Finally, you use your right hand and start and the bottom of her belly on your left side (her right) and make an uspide-down U by going up, round to the top of the abdomen, and go back down your right hand side (her left) like prior movements. That's the "You part".

You can repeat this many times and it helps expell gas and poop. You start at the bottom of the intestines on her left and then help the body by going higher and higher in the intestines. It works on adults too if you feel constipated or have gas. It's a silly alllusion, but it's kind of like untangling hair by brushing delicately at the roots and going higher towards the scalp without pulling your hair out....

It seems like you're doing things well with her and you doctor misht be of could help too. Hope this helps!

Thanks I will try that.... I have never heard of that before I just would rub her down with the warming oil.... I am doing some research now for some massages.

Like I said I will give that one a try tonight. Right now (its day time) shes just fine but I know tonight she will not be.

I just dont know what else to do.

my oppinion is she has colic and her high pitched cry is her having pain with it go to doctor as pharmacy will not sell infacol to you under a certain age

Sorry just realised youre in USA so maybe you dont have Infacol there but if you go to a pharmacy and ask for colic drops they should be able to help

yeah it kinda sounds like colic.. which usually shows up more at night. Colton gets fussy at night and I think he just has wind. Usually patting his back helps, but I have to constantly do it until he is in a deep sleep.
Hope she starts to feel better!! :hugs:

yeah I was thinking it might be colic too, but I don't really know what colic is. I thought it was just where they spit up more.

I will have to check that out.\

Thanks girls

That definitely sounds like colic to me. I'm sorry you're going through this hon, it can be very frustrating. I would do as the other girls suggested, and talk to your baby's doctor. They might be able to give you a formula that isn't as rough on her system. Also, try gripe water, that really helped Drake when he was gassy.

Hope you can find something that works for you and that Rylee gets over this soon :hugs:

yeah I called her doctor and they are going to call me back.

She has been on 4 different kinds of formula. advanced,sensitive,soy and soy advanced.... in all different brands. we have moved back to the sensitive now because its the best on her belly. I dont know if there is any kind of formula out there that we havent done yet. The BM woked a bit, I dont think any better then the sensitive but I have lost my supply about 3 weeks after birth and havnt been able to get it back so thats out to.

I going to try what they have said and wait to hear back from her doctor. I just dont know what I am missing. I feel like we have done all we can and this just started going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->