What counts as a proper AF after mmc and d&c?

BabyPenguin

Mummy to Evey & pregnant!
Reaction score
I had a mmc with d&c 4.5 weeks ago :cry: Bleeding (which was very light/spotting really) stopped after about a week, then yesterday I started very light bleeding only when I wiped, plus had periody crampy aches. Same today but definitely needing a pad today although still very light compared to a normal period. What was everyone else's first AF like? I don't know if this counts as one or not?! :shrug:

I feel really down because I was so hoping I would get pregnant again straight away and even did the CBFM which showed ovulation the weekend just gone and we bd-ed - so I was hoping and hoping - looks like I was wrong...plus now I'm confused why I seemed to ovulate and now seem to have AF already!

I feel like I am fighting to keep an all-consuming desperation to be pregnant from coming out! :wacko:

Any advice/thoughts would be great - but it helps to just write it down anyway.
:dust: to everyone xxx

BabyPenguin, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. My experience was different than yours. My first period after both of my mcs/d&c's were exactly the same as a normal period. However, it is also normal to have a lighter or heavier period. The CBFM can only tell you if you have an LH surge before ovulation. It doesn't tell you if you've ovulated. And from what I understand, it can be an unreliable tool right after a mc. This is because your hormones are in flux and are trying to regulate again. OPK's, CBFM's and even charting your temps can be unreliable during this cycle. What I'm trying to say is that it is possible you didn't ovulate this cycle. And if you did, it is possible that your hormones are still a little out of whack making your period come on a bit earlier than it should. Unfortunately, all of these scenarios are normal. Have you seen this website? https://www.pregnancyloss.info/first_period.htm

I found it very helpful after my losses. I hope this helps.

xoxo

Hiya BabyPenguin, I had a mc 15 weeks ago and had nothing until after about 10 weeks when I spotted for 2 days but not enough to need a pad. Then at 12 weeks I spotted for another day, again no need for a pad so I didn't count them as af although I was hoping both times it would be the start. Finally last week at 14 weeks after mc I got a much more convincing bleed with cramps and pads and everything :) !!
People seem to vary sooo much though and some only have a very light af after mc. That site heart tree posted is a good read!

Thanks so much Heart Tree and Rotts05 - they were both useful and helpful replies and I really appreciate it xxx

Could a first AF be shorter than a normal period? I started spotting on Friday and got a proper bleed yesterday--needing super tampons every 4 hours or so--but by the evening it slowed to spotting and today I have absolutely nothing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->