What days do they do ELCS in the UK?

baileybubs

Reaction score
Hi there,

I know it may vary from place to place but does anyone know if they only schedule ELCS for certain days of the week? I'm hoping for a VBAC but if I go overdue they aren't inducing me it will be ELCS for around 41+5, but that falls on a Sunday. I want to give as much time as possible for a vbac without too much risk of going too far over but was wondering if they still schedule ELCS for weekend or not?

TIA

My friend had elcs booked for Friday. They couldn't do it so it was re booked for the monday so in her case no elcs on the weekend. If I were you I'd ask for monitoring on the Sunday and elcs on the Monday. Good luck with your vbac x

That's a good idea tristans mum thanks! I know it may not even come to it but would like as much chance as I can to naturally go into labour. I just know if they try and schedule it for the Friday when I'll be 41+3 I'll always wonder if it may have happened naturally over the weekend. In my head my own cut off point is 41+5, if I end up having ELCS after that then so be it, my head seems to be ok with that lol! Same as EMCS, if that happens again I'm ok with it, I just want to have enough chance to give vbac a go.

Absolutely! I had vbac 13 months ago. Went into labour at 40+6. Hope it happens for you x

My elective was booked for exactly 39 weeks I was due on a Thursday and they booked it for the Thursday before my due date. I'm due on a Friday this time so will most likely be booked on a Friday which will be nice as OH will be able to spend the weekend with me at the hospital and grandparents can have the other two kiddies while I'm in :)

They've said they'll schedule mine at 41+5 but that falls on a sunday so just wondering if they do ELCS on sundays, I dont think they do though so I will push for the Monday instead rather than having it earlier.

Suppose I'll find out on Thursday seen as I am still pregnant and clearly going overdue lol!!

I'm quite sure they do them 7 days a week x

I hope so coz I dont want to be forced into having one at 41+3 coz they dont want to leave me til 41+6!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->