What did I do wrong to split 3 pools!?

Ju_bubbs

Proud single Mummy of 5!
Reaction score
So last pregnancy, I bought a la bassine birth pool, and on its trial run, the seems all split horrendously, so they replaced it, and again.. the same happened. I didn't even get in them, so i assumed it was a bad batch and decided to get a refund instead of a 3rd pool. Then I went and bought another highly recommended, different brand pool (cant quite remember which one now)

So the trisl set up went smoothly, woo!! But then, when it came to labour day.. labour only took a few minutes :haha: I climbed in JUST in time for baby to make an appearance, then I sat in it for about 5-10 minutes while waiting for the midwife to arrive, then got out... didn't even lean over the side like I was planning to do, coz it was all so quick! But, when OH went to empty it and put it away, we realised that this one had split all around the seams too!!

So i'm thinking I MUST be doing something wrong, but I dont know what!! The instructions were followed perfectly, for inflating and filling, and getting in and out etc... I just dont get it!! I dont wanna go through all that kerfuffle again!

Anyone with a fail bit of experience with these things got any top tips for keeping them in one piece!?

I should mention that I'm a very small size 8 before pregnancy, and weighed 8 and a half stone, and only put on 2lbs in pregnancy!!! :lol:

wow thats a run of bad luck hun no idea why they would split like that

How hot is your water? What are you putting it on? Does it split in the same place and if so where? I use la bassines and I have one that must have done a dozen plus births and goodness knows how many practice runs! :lol:

I turned the thermostat to the lowest it would go on my boiler, and alternated between cold water, then some hot, them more cold etc, making sure the temp didn't go above what it should be (cant remember what the max temp is now)

The pools were placed on the blue tarpauling type sheet thing that you get with the pools, on a laminate floor.

Just found my original thread about the first pool splitting, and i made a mistake! The first 2 pools were aquaborn eco ones, it was the 3rd pool (the one I birthed in) that was the la bassine pool

Here is a link to the thread with pictures, it wont let me just link to the pictures! https://www.babyandbump.com/home-na...pool-big-problems-update-pg2.html#post7783499
The splits were at the bottom of nearly every vertical seam around the side wall, the 2nd pool went in the same place. I'm not sure where the la bassine split, coz I was far too busy cuddling LO to even care when OH announced that the pool had split :haha: but I think it was somewhere on the sidewall also.

There are sooo many good reviews on all these pools, I find it very hard to believe that it was anything to do with the pools, or just bad luck, I'm sure I must be making a mistake somewhere!!

Ah right. I've heard a few complaints about aqua born but never once about la bassine :)

i was looking at pools today the aquaborn seemed like a good deal but i like the seat in the BPIAB regular pool, got to figure this out after we know if we are moving caus gotta find out what the hotwater heating system is like

Ah right. I've heard a few complaints about aqua born but never once about la bassine :)

Do you think it could be anything to do with laminate rather than carpet? Have you used them on laminate before?

Yep loads and without the taup too.....strange.....

Hmm :( Maybe they were inflated too much or not enough? Gosh, i'm gunna spend my whol pregnancy stressing over this :lol:

What pump are you using and how long does it take to inflate?

Oh my, this was 7 months ago now!! lol. I used the pumps that came with them, from memory, the side walls took half an hour to inflate, I THINK! They were firm, but no so firm that you could squish them in iykwim!

Well the la bassine should inflate in 4 mins and just as you described. I just wondered of your hubby was using a proper car grade compressed air pump rather than a little one for air beds and pools....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->