What did ur contractions feel like

claire1978

Mum of 4
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I miss u lot from the 3rd tri but hopefully I'll be joining u all soon

Can I intrude and ask u a question, what did ur contractions feel like especially at the beginning?

I know this is my 3rd but I really cant remember the other 2 birth or the feelings at least that much, Ive been having a few pains 2nite but am not sure if it is the start so was hoping ur insight might help me

Thanks

its hard to describe, they are a pain that stops you in your tracks. at first they are over really quick but as time goes on they get much more intense.

dont listen to the you will know. i had a few practic ones on the saturday night (didnt know what they were) only last 1/2 hour. then had real contraction again joked that was what it was (was on the treadmil at the gym) at home they came every 30 mins for 2 hours lasting around 30 secs then they shifted to every 3 mins still lasting for 30 secs, but i still didnt know i spent around 4 hours asking OH if they were contractions - in the end he called the hospital and described and they confirmed.

The pain is strong but you get through it - i got int he bath from 1am to 9am and was 5cm dilated - bath really helped me

good luck

I HAD PAINS FOR 2 DAYS, BUT DIDN'T THINK THEY WERE LABOUR PAINS. I GOT TOLD BY THE MIDWIFE THEY SOUNDED LIKE EFFACEMENT PAINS. (In other words. My body getting ready for labour) THEY WAS EITHER SIDE OF MY GROIN, AND FELT LIKE A STITCH. THEY CAME AND WENT EVERY SO OFTEN. UNBEKNOWN TO ME, I DECIDED TO GO IN HOSPITAL TO CHECK THESE PAINS WEREN'T DIALATING PAINS, AND VOILA, I'M 4CM'S, LOL. THE PAIN IS BAREABLE (well for me they were.) AND JUST FEEL A LITTLE SHARP.

GOOD LUCK. I HOPE IT HAPPENS FOR YOU SOON.

:dust:

To me they were kind of like a really bad period pain combined with the feeling of somebody stamping on your uterus lol

I HAD PAINS FOR 2 DAYS, BUT DIDN'T THINK THEY WERE LABOUR PAINS. I GOT TOLD BY THE MIDWIFE THEY SOUNDED LIKE EFFACEMENT PAINS. (In other words. My body getting ready for labour) THEY WAS EITHER SIDE OF MY GROIN, AND FELT LIKE A STITCH. THEY CAME AND WENT EVERY SO OFTEN. UNBEKNOWN TO ME, I DECIDED TO GO IN HOSPITAL TO CHECK THESE PAINS WEREN'T DIALATING PAINS, AND VOILA, I'M 4CM'S, LOL. THE PAIN IS BAREABLE (well for me they were.) AND JUST FEEL A LITTLE SHARP.

GOOD LUCK. I HOPE IT HAPPENS FOR YOU SOON.

:dust:

Thats exactly what they feel like, either side of my groin and like a really sharp stitch, does take my breath away, Ive had about 3 in the last hr and a half, so is it effacing pains then?

How long after that did labour start, sorry I should know this with it being my 3rd but I cant remember

Some felt like period pains, some felt like I was gonna have a horrible case of diarrhea, and some felt like my kidneys, uterus and lower back were being crushed!

Period pain + needing poo (didn't actually need to) + truck jumping on my belly :)

Bad bad bad period pain combined with a feeling that an SUV has been parked on your uterus and some other internal organs:lol: all mixed with a feeling of horrible pressure as a cherry on top :dohh: ..... yep. 49 hours of it!

Mine started lower back pain, then progressed into severe butt pain as baby wanted out that direction and was on my spine. I was induced but already had some mild contractions before hand that day. The finial cotractions before they decided to cut me open where leathal. Very very painful!

To me they were kind of like a really bad period pain combined with the feeling of somebody stamping on your uterus lol

it was like that:rofl: lovely,lol
Well, in the morning that day i had discharge so i call the hospital and they told me to go in...
After the doctor broke my water i felt like i needed a wee but i couldn't control it:blush: then i had period like pain and it got stronger and stronger that made me screamed:rofl:
i was in labour for only 3 hours though, not long and it took me only 20 min to push the baby out. He weighed 7.7lbs

For me it started off feeling like a nasty backache and then progressed to bad cramping.. I was stupid though and didn't really recongnize any of it. I thought It was just being pregnant...

period pains that came in waves...getting closer together and stronger as the labour progressed (my labour was quick though so it got worse quicker then i'd imagined).

My contractions were a sharp, building pain right up my lady bits, it was a pain I had never felt before. It also had a peak in the pain

Mine felt like strong period pains with a sharp twinge 'down below' when they started to peak. Xx

mine were like a very sore period / diarrhea pain x

mine felt like period pains...they wernt all that bad tbh, i didnt realise i was even in labour till i needed to push lol...thought they were just BHs, u feel them but theyre not excruciating...youll be fine hun, dont worry about it :hugs:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"