What did you buy but never used

louisaL

Trying for number 1
Reaction score
or think was a waste of money when before you had the baby thought you would always use it?

#too many 0-3 clothes for colder weather as they said babies should be dressed warm, my poor boy was swaeting in them. i only had 6 long onesies but that was too much!

#my crib as he co-sleeps and i have a pack n play i could have waited atl east 3 months to buy it.

baby bath seat the ones that you put in the bath with you and have baby led on it , not used it as have to fill up the bath just to put her in , whereas a baby bath doesnt use so much water! :dohh:

when i say ALOT of newborn clothes, i mean ALOT. so much so that i'm embarassed to show people her nursery!! don't buy stupid amounts of clothes.

one thing i didn't buy enough of? sheets. had to do a dash to matalan for extras. good value, 2 soft flanalette for £3...

i am keeping notes (btw this if for possible future not now LOL) please keep them coming!

I found my baby bath a waste of time! I actually love the baby seat you put in the bath, I only fill the bath a few inches and sit her in it, I couldnt bathe her on my own without the bath, shes just too heavy and slippery!

As Lily was a large baby she wasnt in her moses basket for long so that was a bit of a waste!

same here...i bought far too many clothes especially outfits...when they are young all they wear is sleepsuits...and yes everyone told me but i decided to ignore them...:)

too many newborn clothes, wipe warmer, sleep positoner, size 0 shoes...oh, and binkies. She hates them!

#too many 0-3 clothes for colder weather as they said babies should be dressed warm, my poor boy was swaeting in them. i only had 6 long onesies but that was too much!

#my crib as he co-sleeps and i have a pack n play i could have waited atl east 3 months to buy it.

haha i bought too many 1 month t-shirts! Even though its been summer here i wrapped my LO up lots and there never was a time for him to wear short sleeves.
Also, other outfits - I cant stand seperates, I still prefer baby in babygros / jump suits. So many trousers adn leggins never got worn. Much more comfy for him and doesnt ruck up when i pick him up or carry him.

Any kind of seat for the bath. They hated being trapped in and I couldn't lift them out of the seat. We used the baby bath when they were newborn and then the big bath with a couple of £1 from Asda bath mats ever since.

The baby swing. I heard that twin Mummies couldn't live without them but mine never took to it.

i got one of them nursing chairs, that rock with the foot stool to feed baby on at night...its was never used for its purpose!!

little shoes! so cute but they fall off ALL the time!!

xx

too many newborn clothes, wipe warmer, sleep positoner, size 0 shoes...oh, and binkies. She hates them!

What's a sleep positioner?

I always thought a wipe warmer would be a great idea when Sam was first born - it was so cold in our house and the wipes felt so cold compared to cotton wool and warm water...was worried about him getting a cold bottom :rofl: ...never bought one though.

And what are binkies? Sorry for being totally clueless! x

baby bath seat the ones that you put in the bath with you and have baby led on it , not used it as have to fill up the bath just to put her in , whereas a baby bath doesnt use so much water! :dohh:

My friend bought a big plastic box that it would fit in and just filled that up with water instead of the whole bath - quite cheap from wilkinsons etc x

too many clothes! and buying clothes for the wrong season! I have so many 6-9 month clothes for winter because was told I was having an 8lbs baby (almost average ;) ), however he was 10lbs and now as his 6-9 month clothes fit, but it's still HOT here! :dohh: next time around I'm just going to buy 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes and wait on the rest until he starts to grow into them!!!
hmm.. excessive amounts of baby shampoo, etc.. Colton is 5 months and we are still using the same bottle!! He will be like 3-4 before we get through all the shampoo we got at our baby shower!!
Shoes.. My mom went crazy buying shoes because she thinks they are so cute.. he NEVER wears them! At first I was like AWW.. SO CUTE! But they are a pain in the butt having to take off every change and plus, he doesn't really seem to like them.
a bassinet.. again my mom bought it because I told her I wanted to keep him in our room.. he used it for the first week and then ended up cosleeping with us (which I was completely against while pregnant.. so NEVER SAY NEVER!!).

I always thought a wipe warmer would be a great idea when Sam was first born - it was so cold in our house and the wipes felt so cold compared to cotton wool and warm water...was worried about him getting a cold bottom :rofl: ...never bought one though.

I once sat on a pack of baby wipes to try and warm them up... but instead, when i stood up, i had a wet backside! :rofl: Wipe warmer would be good

xx

Binkies!
https://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee2/Tshbar1631/p_12gerberpacifiers.jpg

Great Post!!

To many clothes in newborn - I should have stuck to vests and babygrows!!

Tiny little shoes and trainers - Stick to socks!!

Moses Basket - He hated it and LOVES his cot!!

Sling - It hurt my back and was just to much trouble!!

Tommee Tippee Bottles - They gave him terrible wind - I LOVE the Dr Browns bottles!!

Binkies!

I call them binkies as well. OH called them foo foos but now calls them binkies :)
Although Colton doesnt use one anymore.

brayden was on a binkie till he was 2 1/2. It was awful. We couldn't get him off of it for anything. Then one weekend, he just randomly stopped taking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->