What did you buy but never used

Baby bath was deffo a waste of money i ahted it ! my baby seats alotbeter :D got 2 hand s to wash him and take him out .. and my baby monitors because i live a flat and can hear him all the time used them only 1nce .. and my avent bottles wat a waste of money

I learned after my first, so nothing this time around. But with my first, I had waaaay to many clothes, some never worn still with tags on, and a diaper genie (too much trouble), a bassinette (but am getting use out of it with this LO)... will think of more, cause I went way overboard with my first pregnancy!!

The bath seat definately.......had to fill the tub up way too much and poor Hannah looked like she was about to drown. We found a cheap plastic tub at Wal-mart that works much much better. Tons of clothes, although most we didn't buy-they've been given to us.

Erm..Nothing lol I guess I didnt go over board. Been sat here thinkin and nothings coming to mind!

The only thing would be the swing, but only because she doesn't really like it. I think that most babies do.

too many newborn clothes, wipe warmer, sleep positoner, size 0 shoes...oh, and binkies. She hates them!

What's a sleep positioner?

I always thought a wipe warmer would be a great idea when Sam was first born - it was so cold in our house and the wipes felt so cold compared to cotton wool and warm water...was worried about him getting a cold bottom :rofl: ...never bought one though.

And what are binkies? Sorry for being totally clueless! x

Sleep positioner...the one my Mom bought (that we used for about a week until she started scooting out of it)
https://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pG01-3795343dt.jpg

The one that we bought, but only used for another week or so...then we switched to the boppy cause that was the ONLY thing she would sleep in
https://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-2876048dt.jpg

I didn't go over board. The one thing I didn't use are the two Avent bottles I bought. When I switched to formula I tried him on those and he didn't suck properly.

I actually had the opposite problem of a lot of you. I didn't buy enough clothes, especially the Newborn. Everyone told me not to buy newborn as they out grow them quickly and also cause of his size / weight at all my checkups when I was pregnant. Then he decided not to grow at all the last 5 weeks so we had an emergency trip to the shop once he was born to get lots of new born baby grows.

Oh and the other thing I don't use is the really cool vibration / music box that came with my jeep camp cot. We don't have problems putting him to sleep so don't need it.

too many newborn clothes, wipe warmer, sleep positoner, size 0 shoes...oh, and binkies. She hates them!

I always thought a wipe warmer would be a great idea when Sam was first born - it was so cold in our house and the wipes felt so cold compared to cotton wool and warm water...was worried about him getting a cold bottom :rofl: ...never bought one though.

I once sat on a pack of baby wipes to try and warm them up... but instead, when i stood up, i had a wet backside! :rofl: Wipe warmer would be good

xx

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Binkies!
https://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee2/Tshbar1631/p_12gerberpacifiers.jpg

Aaaah :dohh: Thank you!! x

Sleep positioner...the one my Mom bought (that we used for about a week until she started scooting out of it)

The one that we bought, but only used for another week or so...then we switched to the boppy cause that was the ONLY thing she would sleep in
https://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-2876048dt.jpg

Oh...thanks! I always thought those looked really good! x

I bought far to much, a tad overboard on everything, but the bath seat, high chair, and moses basket where a complete waste of money, he hated his moses basket he was out of it by 4 weeks, he preferred his travel cot which we had in our bedroom, I think that may have been because it had music, lights and it vibrated.!!!! The high chair we used for about 1 month, he preferred the booster seat and the bath seat he never really liked it so I just let him sit on his own in the bath.

We have that same sleep positioner that your mom bought. I bought it out of desperation to try to get Marlie to sleep in her cot (she would only sleep in her bouncy chair). Hasn't had a night without it since. She LOVES it.

Marlie doesn't like the baby swing too much, or didn't until today when she slept for an hour in it, and then played by herself for another hour, so ladies who bought it but babies don't like it, don't give it up! Your babies may change their minds.

We bought a head snuggler thing for new babies, but never used it as our carseat came with it and so did everything else Marlie ever sat in.

too many clothes
avent bottles (had to change too Dr browns)
i bulk bought nappies and had way to many over when she went from size 1-2 and 2-3!!!

My sterlizer bottles and breast pump jack is a boob man and wont take expressed milk. newborn babygrows.
teddy comforters he just wants his muslins x

baby sling/harness.

I should have been cleverer, I have a bad back at the best of times :lol:

Play Gym - the one you lay baby under, she had no interest in it at all
Johnsons baby products - way too strong never used them (had spent loads on them too)
bottles and steriliser - i always intended to breastfeed but OH bought bottles and stuff just incase. I breast fed for a year and she wouldn't drink from a bottle.
Thermometer for nursery - We new when the temp was right, this was a waste of time

Top & tail thingy - forced myself to use it for the first week or so, then it got slung in the cupboard:blush: Apart from that I think I pretty much use everything else we bought all of the time.

at the risk of sounding thick, what do these sleep positioners do? Never seen one before...
one of them looks like it switches on...it had pink hearts on or something...does it vibrate?

I think they just cradle baby up close so they feel secure as they did in the womb, as some babies feel unsecure sleeping with a lot of space around them. Not sure if they vibrate sorry! Please correct me if I'm wrong!:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->