What did you still need after baby shower?

xakikox

Reaction score
I was wondering what essentials you still needed (onesies (size?), diapers, etc.) after your baby shower?

with my DS1 and DS2 I didn't still need anything after my baby shower!! :D Hopefully yours will be the same :)

All the important stuff on my registry. No one got anything off of it. I got a ton of clothes and diapers. But all newborn and size 1, so we took quite a bit of it back

We also ended up taking a fair amount of clothes back to get a larger size. I didn't want anything smaller than 3 months since newborns don't stay in newborns long. Well good thing I did since my daughter was in 3 months at birth.

Besides that I think we pretty much had everything. We already had bought a crib since it was on sale and it was my parents gift to us. We already had a dresser and night stand for baby. So we were ready to go.

LOL - everything? I don't have a lot of family or friends ....so, we really didn't get half of what we needed. My friends who did give me a shower tended to get me things that weren't even on my baby shower list and they mostly got me clothes - some of which we will never use because its almost spring/summer and people bought me 3-6 month winter clothes. Gee thanks. ;)

I basically had to buy everything off my baby registry myself. :(

Stuff that we found we didn't have enough of after we got home from the hospital:
- No long sleeve shirts with mittens (our baby has a thing with his hands and always wants them in his mouth on on his face).
- No Vaseline for his circumcision care (need to put it on the diaper).
- Didn't have anti colic baby bottles
- Didn't have enough formula since we had intended to breastfeed but that didn't work out.
- Baby wipes: had not bought sensitive skin ones

We got a random assortment of items off of our registry. We need some more of the basics (onsies, outfits, socks, etc.) We do need diapers- but we planned on waiting anyway bc I don't want a whole ton of newborns if the baby will outgrow to quickly (and I also don't want a whole ton of the same brand as a just incase... my nephew leaked out of 3 kinds before my sister found the right brand). We were going to strictly formula feed and I literally just decided in the last few days to attempt to breastfeed for the first 6 weeks. But either way we'd need formula but I don't want to stock up on that either... I was allergic to all formula except neutremigin as a baby so we will just have to take it slowly.

We are having a baby shower/ meet and greet this summer so I am sure I'll be getting more stuff but I think we have enough to start. Maybe. I hope. lol

Forgot to add that out of the many, many clothes I got, nothing was bigger than 6 months. And we didn't get any with long sleeves or pants. I know she'll be born in the heat of almost may in Texas, but all the air conditioned places are cold!

I was left to purchase:
-boppy pillow
-more diapers
-baby monitor
-crib sheets
-swaddling blankets
-crib protector sheets
-hamper

And I'm sure a few more items but that was the gist of it! We were very blessed to get everything we pretty much needed for baby!!

This is kind of a sidebar rant, but I registered for one small package of newborn diapers, and instead I received 4 packs of other diapers in other brands. My SIL told me she laughed when she saw how little I registered for in the diaper arena, and then I had to explain to her that I've already bought cloth diapers and only need some disposables to get me through until the baby is big enough (which should be quickly).

That's only one example. I got lots of things I didn't register for because I already bought things or received loaners or gifts from others. Why does everyone think they know better than me what should be on my registry?

This is kind of a sidebar rant, but I registered for one small package of newborn diapers, and instead I received 4 packs of other diapers in other brands. My SIL told me she laughed when she saw how little I registered for in the diaper arena, and then I had to explain to her that I've already bought cloth diapers and only need some disposables to get me through until the baby is big enough (which should be quickly).

That's only one example. I got lots of things I didn't register for because I already bought things or received loaners or gifts from others. Why does everyone think they know better than me what should be on my registry?

Haha this was me too. Got 3 boppy pillows. Didn't register for one because I already had one. I had been buying the bigger ticket items with coupons when they came along.

- Wanted a boppy and did get one, luckily my friend gave me one
- Ended up sticking with Pampers so I returned all the diapers I didn't want and got new ones. I luckily did get a variety of sizes. But if you do get stuck with a lot of newborn, take them back and get big sizes. Majority of stores will take them without a receipt
- More hangers lol

It all depends on what you actually get for your shower. I was really lucky and almost everything bought for us was off our registries. We did, however, buy all the big items ourselves. My SIL only got her diaper bag from her registry and that was it. She just got clothes and blankets.

I also got a ton of gift cards that added up to a lot! That's what we used to buy more of what we really needed and wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->