what did you/will you do for your 30th?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
i have two birthdays yet, but wondering what people did? I have time to plan and save, my husband we went for a meal, flying lessons, and off roading, as well as LOADS of gifts! Plus a small surprise party (just a few family members).

I dont really like a fuss and as far as gifts are concerned, i am never bothered, if i want something and can afford it I get in there and then, so i dont really need/want anything for my birthday, plus its January which is the month we tend to not be able to afford much, Oh bday is Oct, twins are now nov, and eldest is dec, plus christmas! arh!

Anyway, I want to feel special but no idea what to do.

I was pregnant with DS1 when I turned 30. My OH surprised me with a long weekend in London with tickets to a show. He'd organised time off work for me and everything.

My hubby ( then boyfriend!) took me to Vegas for 5 days. I was devastated !!! It meant me leaving my 5 yr old with his grandparents for the whole time but he was fine!!
Had an amazing time, loved it so much we went back to get married!!

thanks guys! I think a weekend somewhere would be nice, but birthday is Jan 5th! lol! Maybe a night somewhere would be nice!

We have planned a week at Disneyland Paris and a will have an evening dinner at a local restuarant with friends and family. For hubby's, he had a day at Silverstone and a weekend at Alton Towers.

My DH 30th is 2013, our 10th Wedding anniversary is 2014 and my 30th is 2015, so we think we are going to go on a massive holiday in 2014 to celebrate them all. Maybe America or Australia x

My 30th was in December just gone and I was 20 weeks Pregnant. We hired the upstairs of a local Curry restaurant and had a buffet and wine and my mum and friends and cousins did poems, pictures, quizzes etc about my life. They put baby photos all over the walls. The kids had their own table and I had 30 guests of friends and family. It was absolutely fabulous xx

Iv got another two years until mine but I haven't got a clue what to do for it yet. A week-end away sounds nice though so I wouldn't mind doing that. I won't be having a party or anything I doubt, well, knowing my luck no one would turn up anyway. Great party that would turn out to be lol.
X

I hoping that for my 30th whihc is in five year time, that my mum will have the boys for a few nights and me and hubby can go away for a weekend.

DH and I are big fans of the 1920s and 1930s so I held a themed party when I turned 30. I hired a function room and a cabaret performer friend who does a Champagne Charlie act singing period music. Everyone dressed up in 1920s and 30s gear and we drank bubbly and danced the night away. It was awesome!

My husband surprised me with a weekend stay at the Banff Springs Hotel and a lovely long day in the spa there. :cloud9:

My OHs is not too far away now, we did look at going away but I wanted it to be a surprise and just couldn't afford it on my own.

So I'm spoiling him with lots of little gifts. Got 2 sets of tickets, 1 to see his favourite comedian and 1 to see Greg Davies (head of 6th form in the Inbetweeners. He adores the show so thought his stand up could be worth a giggle!). Got 2 comedy t shirts I know he'll like and orders a fruit bouquet (think fruit cut into flower shapes and put together) to be delivered to his work.

He said he loves sending me flowers at work but once commented it's not fair men can't have it too! So I found something he can have! Lol.

We're also looking at getting matching rings made up, and I was going to buy his. But the plan was he was going to order them just after my birthday and I'd order his at the same time (my birthday was beginning of year). I've now been told to not ask anymore questions as the ring will come just not yet as 'the time isn't right'??? He's plotting something but I'm unsure what!!

As I can't afford a night away I am planning to get a takeaway from Nandos near his birthday and do a movie night in :)

Oh and we have a meal booked with both sides of the family :)

I am not of a Party person. I don't think I will be doing anything out of the ordinary.

All my girlfriends & I turn 30 this year and also one of us is getting married. So we're going to Benidorm for a few days for her hen do and also do a 30th birthday dinner for all of us, whilst there are no men or babies around. We're also going to book a spa weekend for later in the year, maybe November time.

I am also thinking of having a joint 30th part with my SIL on a barge as she turns 30 about 2 weeks before me! I haven't celebrated my birthday the past 3 years, so this year I am going to do it properly ;)

I don't think we did much for OH's 30th. Just a cake maybe. He doesn't like attention. I, on the other hand, love it, but I was 9 days from giving birth on my 30th, so we didn't do anything lol. But the past few years I've decided to just plan my own get togethers with friends. This year, my 33rd, in a few weeks, about 6 or 7 of my friends and I are going to dinner and karaoke :)

I was 38 weeks pregnant with DD on my 30th. Me and OH got extra spicy curry (didn't work).

I'm 30 in January and hubby's 30 in March. I think my friends are planning a girly weekend but will prob just go out for a meal or something with the family, I'm not really into birthdays. Hubby's family go for it in a big way, so I'm sure something will be going on!!

Thanks, yeah I am not really into birthdays either, but they have been do disastrous lately that I want to change the way I feel about it, 2011 on my birthday we lost a baby, i was 12 weeks, so since then my birthday was tainted, so I don't want a big elaborate affair really because it seems disrespectful to my baby, and I want to be with my family, but i want to do something other than moan the baby.

I'm not 30 until next year but I'll probably be at work!
:hugs: sorry your birthday is a reminder of such a sad day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->