What did your contractions feel like?

Awful, my lower back was in excruciating pain like it was breaking in half, it's actually indescribable, definitely like my horrible period pains but extreme with the back pains added on top if that makes sense x

Thanks for all the replies... At least I know that I definately will 'know' when its time :haha: Cant wait for it all to happen now so excited!! x

Oh believe me you will definitely know!

Pure unrelenting agony over and over again. Keep in mind I was induced and my water broke naturally so it all started really fast and intense. Lol. Imagine you have the absolute worst stomach cramps of your life, the ones that make you writhe or double over. Add in intense period cramps. Also a charley horse that bunches up your back as well as your already cramping abdomen. Then add fire in your hips and then imagine your butt is breaking in half :haha: It would last two minutes but feels like its been an hour. But then PURE RELIEF between contractions. Even if it was only for twenty seconds, you feel so much relief you forget to dread the next one. :D That is what it felt like for me, at least. I don't know why I felt the need to document it for the baby book, but that is pretty much what I had written down later that night lol.

I TGI k the majority of women def know when they are in labour. It wasn't even just the contractions (mine were all in my hips, I desperately wanted to walk through them as it had helped but then had to be monitored through the remainder of my labour - horrific). But when you are in labour I felt it was quite a mind blowing experience, something else comes over you. I cried in pain, but for me I felt kinda out of body and a bit in awe/shock.

Good luck it is truly amazing and I cannot wait to go through it all again - meeting my precious boy for the first time was immense - I will never get over that

Xx

to be honest I can;t remember that well - the only well I can describe it is like my uterus was contracting - I guess it was like period cramps that came and went until my waters broke - then that was it the pain became more intense. I knew something was happening - which was my worry that I wouldn;t know!!!! but rest assured you just know :)

I TGI k the majority of women def know when they are in labour. It wasn't even just the contractions (mine were all in my hips, I desperately wanted to walk through them as it had helped but then had to be monitored through the remainder of my labour - horrific). But when you are in labour I felt it was quite a mind blowing experience, something else comes over you. I cried in pain, but for me I felt kinda out of body and a bit in awe/shock.

Good luck it is truly amazing and I cannot wait to go through it all again - meeting my precious boy for the first time was immense - I will never get over that

Xx

I have to say I agree - yes it was painful but it was an intense feeling more than painful painful if that makes sense - and it was an amazing experience at the same time. I am normally a total wimp but I just got on with it. Even when I was told I couldn;t have any pain relief as it was too late I just said to myself well just get on with it. I would do it again definitely.

Nothing like period cramps. More like a sharp stabbing pain very low down in stomach like just above pubic hair line lol I thought I had really bad trapped wind at first!

Wow this thread has got loads of comments now, its good to kinda know what to look out for!

Well.. I had my sweep, she said im very thin and effaced and she had a rummage around her hand came out covered in sitcky red blood yuck. Was painful but if it works i dont mind!
Got period cramp now and the top of my bum aches. I hope these are good signs I wanna start feeling some of these contraction you all speak of :haha:

Thanks to all who replied! x

Like horrendous stomach ache/trapped wind then like someone had a knife up my bum.

mine just started as tightenings, no pain whatsoever then over the next 5 days it started as mild period cramps every 5 mins and because they wernt too bad i didnt think it was labour. by the 4th day of it all they were still every 5 mins but i had the concentrate on breathing through them so now i knew they were something! by that evening i was finding it really hard to breath through them, it was like a cramp all in my lower bump and in my lower back...also where my bump was getting so tight it was squashing my lungs!

Thanks for posting this! As I also wanted to know too :) I'm pregnant with my first.

Painful.....they made me sick they hurt so badly.....

But.... I went from nothing to fully dilated in 48 minutes so my contractions where always 2 minutes apart from the start xx

In the begining just cramps.

In transition it felt like the absolute worst charlie horse over my entire belly that I had never imagined. To the point I was dry heaving.

Thankfully transition is quickly over :winkwink:

For me it was a horrible, excrutiating, crushing pain in my belly, back and thighs. The thighs were the worst. I never expected that.

For me it was a horrible, excrutiating, crushing pain in my belly, back and thighs. The thighs were the worst. I never expected that.

This--exactly this. I ended up with an epidural even though I'd been planning on a drug-free birth b/c I couldn't walk through the pain like my midwife wanted me to as a result of the pain radiating down my thighs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->