What did your contractions feel like?

Just strong period pains mostly. Then tightenings when he was nearly out. Worse was the pressure in my back passage - that bloody hurt! The G&A did buggerall for the actual contractions but it did ease the horrible pressure so I was happy.

I wish I was having contractions right now! I've had every other symptom bloody mucus, loose bowels, period pain (dull ache) and no baby :(

Thanks everyone for your replies! I hope I go into labour very soon so I can share my own experience! :) x

like a charlie horse all over pregnant stomach I think. but honestly, it was quiet bearable.

In the begining it was Like going to the loo for number 2 hehehe. But much stronger.

Then I could feel them in my hips, as fire in my bones

I knew imidiatly those where contractions.

They where not too bad untill I was 8 cm. After that, it was he'll, but lasted only 1.5 hours. Pushing didn't hurt, and baby was out in 20 min.

mine were in my back too, lower back quite hard to describe the pain when they started...but by the end it was reallllllly painful, like i had no choice but to push even when it wasn't time, and like i reallllly needed the biggest most painful poo ever, that just wouldn't come! but then we did discover my LO was back to back too...so not average contractions. kinda wish i had felt the tummy ones but had none whatsoever!

I kept telling midwife I needed to poo, an she kept saying no its just because he's back to back so your feeling everything in your bum. I was getting so mad, but she was right I didn't poo lol, but it really feels like it so much.

Bloody show is a good sign things are happening though! FX! :flower:

Mine started like period pain and in that same place and ended like period pain x a million :haha:

I handled the contractions much better with thr birth of my 2nd, it was the pushing out that hurt like a mother f! LOL :D

My contractions felt like constipation to start with but quickly developed into feeling like I needed a huge poo! Nothing in the tummy area. Baby turned out to be a surprise breech and I think her back was towards me too. Not sure if bum contractions are normal but I was sooooo glad when the epi went in for the emcs! I'd never felt so grateful of an injection!

Menstual cramps that just got worse & worse till epi:)

Mine felt like someone had put a big iron belt around my bump and was pulling it so tightly my insides were meeting in the middle.

It was completely different to what I expected, I thought they would be like period cramps but they weren't.

Intense menstrual cramps and just in the stomach, not the back.

I always remember it as leg cramps in your belly

Mine started like a period cramp and feeling like I wanted a poo! Then like a really really intense cramp hard to describe because I didn't think it was like period pains, started off light then built to a really intense pain and went off again! It's weird because you literally do forget the most of it! Including what the pain feels like!

Xxx

I had tummy and back contractions at the same time. It was HELL. The back was the worse. It starts off like really bad period pains in the begining but get much worse than them. Nobody could ever prepare an image of what labor pains were truely like to me. But every woman is different. Some have horrible contractions, others contractions are no worse than a period.
But full blown labor felt nothing like a period AT ALL. Its a pain I couldnt describe to you honestly.

Baby was back to back.

Had my contractions in the cervix and in my back.

The worse pain was like a needle, not so gently, stabbing my cervix.

The lighter pain was like someone tried to pull out my spine through my back.

Fortunatly, you will forget all about it within a second when the pain is over. Kinda like when you have an ear infection :)

During the pushing stage, mine felt like agony. Almost two hours of severe lower back pain AND severe menstrual cramps AND a very painful uncontrollable urge to push, as if having a bowel movement.

Once the baby's head was out, it was all fine, but I was screaming with each contraction until then.

Am I the only one who screamed with each contraction for almost 2 hours??
:shrug:

Thanks for all the replies... At least I know that I definately will 'know' when its time :haha: Cant wait for it all to happen now so excited!! x

So would you all say you 'knew' they were contractions straight away? :flower:

I didn't until it was too late and I was 9cms dilated, but the fact they came in a pattern (every few minutes) was a telltale sign right away for me, but of course with my first I didn't believe it

Really intense BH. At the peak of each contraction it felt like I'd been stabbed in the front and back whilst my insides were being pulled out. Im a massive wuss though haha thankfully my labour was quick and I didn't have to put up with the pain for long

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->