What did your first few contractions feel like?

lucylu79

Reaction score
I was induced due to waters going and no natural progression last time and I'm due on Friday and curious as to how I 'might' feel when it happens, I'm determined in my mind I will go all natural this time (but prepared in case of other things)

I'm getting lots of pressure down below, lots of discharge which sometimes is thick but mainly a bit runny.

Sometimes I get a pain and I think this is it, a contraction starting, but it's always been baby moving into a tight position :blush:

So what's it like? If it happened during the night I assume the pain would wake me up?

If you wish to share that would be lovely to read :flower:

Contractions for me felt like painful IBS pains but I know for others it can be different x

I found it started in my back and felt like achey period crampy pain

I was having small contractions before my water broke. I didn't know it at the time though. It didn't hurt at first it felt like baby was pushing his but up every once in a while.

Following along cause I've been having period cramps on and off all night.
Fx'd for you lucy!

Mine were like waves of period pain to start with, then I had one where it felt like someone was tearing my insides out and it ramped up from there haha. I found walking around helped with my contractions, keep calm and breath through them. It used to help me to count in my head.

Honestly I just felt a bit tight every once in a while with mild pain, it didn't really feel like period pains to me as those are constant for me. I was induced last time too with the pessary thing. It didn't really hurt until around 5 cm for me but everyone is different.

I know its totally ridiculous to assume I won't know immediately the second I start but i'm just waiting and waiting, which again is silly, why should I be so impatient over Sooooo much pain!!!

I didn't go into labour with my first but did with my second. He was already slightly overdue. The afternoon before I had some mild period-like pains (but less painful than when I have period cramps... I wouldn't even call it pain). But that night - yep it woke me up :) The first hour or so I only had a few of them and about 20 mins apart, so I tried to relax to save energy. But then at some point it just got too intense (and more frequent), and I had to get up. The intense feeling was more in the "butt" area, lol. Or maybe it was around the cervix area (though I didn't end up dilating [only to 1 cm], so I'm not sure if it would have been the cervix). Water only broke a few hours later once we made it to the hospital. I thought I had peed myself!

Other symptoms I had when labour started - some of these I only remember because I wrote them down later: major shaking/shivering, feeling nauseated and throwing up a bit, and general sick feeling/tummy troubles.

Mine felt like my back and stomach were being put in a wrench. Not sure how typical that is though at that early stage!

Mine were like very strong cramps. They just hit me out of nowhere!

For those that had mild period cramping at first- how long before you had that first real contraction??

Hubs and I dtd this afternoon and i'm definitely feeling crampy afterwards!

For those that had mild period cramping at first- how long before you had that first real contraction??

My first light pains started about 1am, the ripping contraction was about 5am and got harder from there, baby born at 9:52am

period-like discomfort started maybe around 3 pm... real contractions around 1 am. So about 10 hrs later.

So last night I got up and went for a wee, when I laid back down I had a feeling like lots of little bolts getting tightened until they released, so hard to explain sorry! I really thought something was happening but there was no pain, just discomfort and I passed it off as baby moving and then I did pass wind. I feel ok again today but I've lost a massive amount of discharge which was in a big blob, snot like but no blood.

I'm hoping at the least somethings slowly starting?!

I went into labour the day after I lost my mucus plug Lucylu79 so things might happen soon!!

The pain of my first "real" contraction did wake me up, but I wasnt 100% sure what it was until it happened again. This is weird, but to me it felt like a VERY intense full bladder. Like if you've been in the car and really have to pee and can't find a rest stop for hours, and your bladder aches... that's how it started for me. It was also accompanied by a very tight belly that almost took my breath away. Before that, I felt contractions, but they were just mild tightenings of the belly and kind of sharp prodding at my cervix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->