What did your toddler have to eat today?

Today was a bit of a lazy day for me as I wasn't feeling too well, this is what Jacob had today
Breakfast: bite size weetabix
Snack: a few organix crisps
Lunch: toasted crusty, spaghetti hoops - mini muller rice, though he wasn't too keen on this.
Snack: Kiddylicious apple crisps
Dinner: butternut squash risotto, garlic bread, yoghurt, slice of pineapple, then he asked for a banana and ate about half of it!

My main problem is yoghurts, he loves the things so much that as soon as he's in his highchair he takes one bite of his food and starts pointing at the fridge asking for yoghurt, he then wont settle until he gets one, which he will eat and then go back to his food, but I want to try to stop this, just not sure how without a full blown screaming tantrum, any tips ladies? It only happens at lunch and dinner, never breakfast and never if we eat out or at someone else's house, so I guess he's manipulating us!

Today Omar had:

Breakfast:1/2 furit pot (mango+banana) mixed with 1 tbsp of baby cereal
Snack: Cheese sandwich
Lunch: veggies fried rice + yoghurt, mint & cucumber salad
Dinner: 1/2 cheese omlette + yoghurt salad

On the way to nursery Chloe had a yoghurt and a banana. She had weetabix and toast for breakfast, peppers and cucumber as a snack and I can't remember for lunch and dinner :nope: We are told what she eats at nursery each day but I don't have the book each day. When she got home she shared an easter bun treat then for supper had a few potato wedges and some fish, oh and another yoghurt. She is having a hungry day today.

Craftymum - I guess just stick through the tantrums, try and distract him. At Christmas Chloe got used to having chocolate coins and would for a while still point to where they used to be and would cry and moan for them. We just had to stick it out after a short while she realised it wasn't doing her any good - she wasn't getting any more coins. :flower:

Today Charlie has had:

Breakfast - Rice Krispies, grapes
Snack - banana, milk
Lunch - Lentil Soup & roll, fromage frais, strawberries
Snack - Melon, blueberries, 1/2 packet Quavers
Dinner - Pasta bolognese with brocolli, Organix ginger biscuit
6oz Milk :)

Thanks Kte, I thought it would come to that - soft touch I am lol

Adam had:

breakfast - mini blueberry wheats, sultanas & milk, a pear, a cup of milk
lunch - slice of toast with butter and Marmite, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, 1/4 of a buttered hot cross bun
snack - the rest of the hot cross bun, grapes
dinner - slice of cheese & tomato pizza, cucumber, carrot sticks, a fromage frais
bedtime - 1/2 cup of milk

Aidan had brown bread toast and porridge
then he had a malted milk
then homemade minestrone soup
another malted milk
then he had beans and turkey jetters for tea

Today Evie had

8oz of cow's milk when she got up

Breakfast - Muesli and a fromage frais, followed by half of Mummy's toast ;)

Lunch - Dairylea sandwich followed by half a banana and a couple of slices of peeled apple. She then had a Rich Tea biccie and a sippy cup of water.

Dinner - Chicken Korma with rice and mixed veg (and some garlic and coriander Naan bread!) followed by a fromage frais.

Bedtime - 8oz of cow's milk

Snacks were half a bag of Quavers and a couple of white choccie buttons :blush:

today so far Faith has had ...
breakfast.
her 10oz of 1 year plus milk a piece of seeded toast with a teaspoon of nutella (or chocolate jam as she calls it!) a petit filous, a handful of strawberries.

mid morning snack.
half an apple, half a banana, and some grapes all chopped up with 2 goodies moon biscuits.

lunch.
shes not a big lunch eater as she is very tired by this time!
but she had a few slices of roast chicken, a big slice of cheese cut into cubes, some broccoli and about a quarter of a slice of bread (she will only eat 1 cut out piece of bread at lunch, today she wanted a star)

her afternoon snack.
will be some more fruit, its usually what she asks for i sit her on the worktop and she chooses it from the fruit bowl and helps me prepare it for her, it will probably be some kiwi and mango, as she loves them but they were in the fridge this morning and i have just moved them to the fruit bowl!

her dinner tonight will be
grilled salmon with some coconut rice and stir fried vegetables
(she eats the smae meal as me and OH of an evening as i like her to have a nice dining experience and learn her table manners)
tho she will probably just pick at dinner as she doesn't like to eat alot again at dinner because she is tired, but as long as she drinks her milk in the morning and her fruit then i dont mind as much if she doesnt eat alot.

DD also gets very weak squash to drink through the day as she hates water and sometimes she will get a hot chocolate (made with milk and chocolate not instant) as a treat after a long cold day.
we stick to certain meal times as best we can as i know with these timings that i can get as much ood into DD as possible!

On the menu today is:-

Porridge and some milk
Ham and pea soup with 1 slice of bread and a yoghurt
Spaghetti hoops with 2 fish cakes
Some juice
Milk again before bed

Today they have had: -

7oz toddler milk when they woke up

Breakfast: - Cheerios and a fruit pot

Mid morning snack: - some quavers, chocolate chip cookie and some juice

Lunch: - A Dairy Lea Triange, Kiwi fruit, Banana and Apple chopped up on their tray, followed by a Petit Filous yoghurt

Dinner: - Pasta, Broccoli, Cauliflower & Cheese Melt (threw this together one day when there wasn't much left in the cupboards and they love it!)

They'll also have a munch bunch double-up pot at about 5pm and then another 7ozs of toddler milk before bed :flower: xx

Yesterday he had:

B-Large glass of full fat milk, yogurt, granola, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries.
S-Water, cheese, and apple.
L-Orange juice,pita with tuna, yellow/green/red/orange peppers, cucumbers, carrots, brocoli and dip.
S-Water, grapefruit and some crackers.
D-Milk, grilled chicken, risoto, grilled veggies.
S-Whole grain toast with peanut butter and milk.

Today Sofia has had:

BF in the morning

Breakfast - bowl of oat crispies cereal, 1 and a half slices mixed seed toast with fruit spread, 3 strawberries and 2 slices of apple (she was on a munch!)

Lunch - at nursery she had fish (not sure, white fish of some sort!), with cream of spinach and a tomato and sweetcorn salad.

I forgot to ask what her snack was. When she got home she had an oat biscuit.

Supper - pitta stuffed with canned salmon and grated carrot, cucumber sticks, couple of slice of goats cheese, humous (made it a bit garlicy but she liked it) and a strawberry quark pot.

BF before bed.

Today Aidan had..
blackcurrant juice & porridge
then we walked down to the shop & i got him a flump (i get him one everytime we go down)
then he had a ham sandwich and a yoghurt/milk drink
then juice & pizza fingers & beans
then a yoghurt :)

1 slice of buttered toast
some red grapes
shepherds pie
individual pizza from pizza hut express :)
strawberry icecream cone

:blush: not very healthy today :dohh:

Charlie had bran flakes & banana, grapes for breakfast
1/2 mini muffin, pear for snack
Spaghetti bolognese, garlic bread and sf jelly with peaches for lunch
Grapes, melon, raisins for pm snack
Scrambled egg on toast and a fromage frais for dinner
6oz milk and a rich tea finger :)

A scrambled egg with cheese
2 cups of chocolate milk
A piece of chocolate :blush:
A bowl of ramen noodles
1 cup of juice

We haven't had dinner yet, and I haven't the slightest idea of what we are having. :wacko:

what are you :blush: about a bit of chocolate for? My baby got like 1 maybe 2 of her 5 a day and had a friggin takeaway pizza with an icecream for dessert :rofl:

Funny old day today

B half bowl of weetaflakes before he demanded toast, 2 slices of buttered toast.
S apple crisps, humzinger
L less than a quarter pitta bread with dairylea, licked the spread off the rest. 2 cherry tomatoes, 3 olives. Blueberry smoothie
D wagamamas 2 duck gyozas, about a tablespoon of noodles and a tablespoon of rice with curry sauce
S half a banana, cup of milk, slice of bread

B- toast & marmite. 2 weetabix
S- banana
L- pepper, carrot sticks and a few nibbles on a ham sandwich
D- tuna pasta bake & then some of my chicken breast.

Fruit pot before bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->