What do I do with curly hair?

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
In my family we all have straight hair but my one year old was born with curly hair and now it's a head full of it. It's gorgeous but I don't know what to do with it because if I comb it, it gets bushy and I was told by someone to just use my fingers with a bit of oil and just 'scrunch it up' and that's all I should do.

I'm not sure if I should be doing anything else or brushing it with a particular brush may be?

I thought I'd ask here as you ladies have older children and more experiences with curly hair. Thanks

Both mine have curly hair I just comb it wet and leave it. When it longer though like with my 5 year old I just run some coconut oil through it with my fingers

Both mine have curly hair I just comb it wet and leave it. When it longer though like with my 5 year old I just run some coconut oil through it with my fingers

Thank you, I've been using coconut oil too. So that's all I do if it's dry then? (I don't wash her hair everyday)

I don't wash my daughters hair daily either I either apply it when her hair is wet or dry. My daughters hair is naturally dry/coarse so I condition too once a week. Its still dry though its a constant battle I'm always looking for tips . another thing I found works is if they have just woke up you can spray some water on it to redefine the curls and they usually set that way instead of bed head frizz

She has a lot of hair so don't think I can use a baby brush, it don't do anything. Thanks anyway

You can soft bristle brushes that are bigger. My girls have very curly hair. I use a soft brush and brush the underneath first. I also use a spray on it. There's no way I couldn't brush it as it would get knotty.?

You can soft bristle brushes that are bigger. My girls have very curly hair. I use a soft brush and brush the underneath first. I also use a spray on it. There's no way I couldn't brush it as it would get knotty.?

That's what I was concert about, it must surely still be getting knotty?! I'm going to google soft bristle brushes. Thank you

I put lots of conditioner in her hair when I wash to make it easier to brush, and spray detangler in before brushing. I use a normal brush as it is actually pretty easy to brush and doesnt get too tuggy or knotty. I have to spray her hair with ALOT of water when I am done, to define the curls... Otherwise this happens....

https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/sept%2015/DSC_5086_zpsvkwj3tbw.jpg

I put lots of conditioner in her hair when I wash to make it easier to brush, and spray detangler in before brushing. I use a normal brush as it is actually pretty easy to brush and doesnt get too tuggy or knotty. I have to spray her hair with ALOT of water when I am done, to define the curls... Otherwise this happens....

https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/sept%2015/DSC_5086_zpsvkwj3tbw.jpg

That is so my daughter !

MrsMurphy that's exactly what happened when I was using a comb!!!

Your girls are soooo cute by the way and thank you for pic.

My LO has curly hair, so I always use conditioner when washing and have a water spray bottle when brushing with a tiny amount of conditioner in it, to be honest the best way I learnt to deal with my LOs hair is to learn lots of different plaiting styles, how to do buns etc. my LO likes to have long 'princess' hair (her hair hasnt been cut since she was 11 months old) so I had to find some way to keep it under control especially for school

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->