what do i do with him?

twinklestar

2 boys nd 2 girls
Reaction score
Kane was born at 33+1 and is now 7 weeks old, do i treat him as a newborn now?

he is spending a little more time awake about a hour 2 times a day and sometimes another 30 mins once

he is on 4oz 4hrly, when he awake im at a loss at what to do with him, he wont follow toys or me with his eyes or turn his head when i talk, i end up just holding him and talking or putting him into his swing :shrug:

id really like to know if as now ive hit my due date, will he start acting like a term baby and doing things he should at his corrected age?

thanks

I would go by corrected age. But its anyones guess if your LO will develop same as, slower or faster than a full term baby. Alex seems to be going at the rate a full term baby would have so far, but we leave things open knowing that she could slow down or speed up.

Treat him as a newborn - remember newborns normally sleep a lot to start with. When we got alex home at due date she was uninterested in everything, and everything was quiet. It was only as the weeks went by she found a smile, voice , personality and started to follow things.

I know its hard to do, but forget milestones etc... use it as a veeeeeery basic guide at the very least, and let your LO do things in their own time and with some encourage from mummy!

Ive spent too much worrying and comparing to other babies, but I've stopped now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->