what do people think to the name

angelsmummy

Reaction score
we found out were having a girl, my partner has picked the name starr what do people think to it??

weve already got a daughter called angel and our son is called caden x

Angel and Starr go together because they're both very nature-y/hippy-ish but together with Caden it sounds odd imho

what about:

Luna
Nova
Stella
Starla

they all mean star and are still very feminine and cute but sound more even to both angel and Caden (if that makes sense lol)

I love Starr - although I am not sure about spelling it with two rr's.. she will spend her whole life correcting the spelling!

Totally honestly, I really dislike it. I think it'd be a bit of a millstone and may not be taken seriously by some. Star looks like a pet name at very best, and the double r doesn't improve it in my opinion but rather makes it worse, adding a kind of "we're doing this to be hip and different" element and condemning her to a life of "it's starr with two rs!". So sorry for such a negative review when it's probably not what you're seeking, but I think it's important to bear in mind that it may be seen this way.

I just don't imagine a Starr Blank Phd or Dr Starr as easily as with a more "normal" name, rightly or wrongly!

I like it but I do agree with pp. It may be a little too 'out there'.

Seren could be a nice alternative. It means star in Welsh so you could still call her Star as a nn :shrug: It goes nicely with Angel and Caden too imo!

Totally honestly, I really dislike it. I think it'd be a bit of a millstone and may not be taken seriously by some. Star looks like a pet name at very best, and the double r doesn't improve it in my opinion but rather makes it worse, adding a kind of "we're doing this to be hip and different" element and condemning her to a life of "it's starr with two rs!". So sorry for such a negative review when it's probably not what you're seeking, but I think it's important to bear in mind that it may be seen this way.

I just don't imagine a Starr Blank Phd or Dr Starr as easily as with a more "normal" name, rightly or wrongly!

This was my thoughts

I agree on it being a little out there, what about Celeste? I love Starr as amiddle nams

Not a fan, I agree with a pp, sounds more like a pet name than an actual name. I like some names pp said, Luna and Celeste :)

I think it is a little much as a first name, 'Starr' reminds me of a horse name!

Starla is much much better if you want to keep within similar lines, I haven't actually heard that name before I don't think

Angel and Starr go together because they're both very nature-y/hippy-ish but together with Caden it sounds odd imho

what about:

Luna
Nova
Stella
Starla

they all mean star and are still very feminine and cute but sound more even to both angel and Caden (if that makes sense lol)

I prefer Nova to Starr I think bit go with what you like :)

thanks, im not overly keen on it, keep tryin to change his mind, we originally had picked a few names b4 we found out. we had roxie, kelsi and alice.
as to the rr on the end hes got this thing about the name having 5 letters like the other 2 (as he says to match his tattoos lol)
i do like seren tho so will put that forward
n couldnt call it luna as that was our cat which unfortunately got killed by a dog last year

5 letter names meaning star:

Ester
Falak
Seren

5 letter names meaning moon:

Diana
Phobe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads