what do you all get up to at weekends to make them exciting when you cant go out?

K

kimber89

so im getting to the stage where im so fed up. i used to enjoy going out on nights out at weekends etc but since i been pregnant havnt touched a drink!:) me and my boyfriend go out some weekends for dinner but its hard when we are saving for a baby haha! i know some you guys already have children so you be home looking after them anyway but surely sometimes you try get time for yourself. anyone any suggestions to keep me busy and not bored while im waiting for my baby to arrive in august!

LOL oh how things change after you have a child! now i get SOO excited to have a night out for dinner and a movie with my OH :) probably cause it only happens once every couple of months!

when i was pregnant with my first, we would go to friends houses and hang, take walks, play games, put puzzles together, stuff like that. just enjoy being together, cause very soon, 2 becomes three and you easily forget what it was like to be 2:)

Well, most of our weekends have been pretty damn boring lol. We're trying to save money too so haven't been going out too much. I've gone out to a movie once by myself (my bf was at his buddy's having a few pints) and I teach fitness classes most Friday nights...yeehaw lol. This summer I'm hoping to hit a few outdoor live music venues and also hope to get to my bf's cottage before I get too big. Also have planned a girls weekend away the end of July. But that's about it...

I don't know about exciting.....but this weekend has been spent gutting my 8 year old sons room. He's been away at his dads this weekend, and my hubby and I decided to gut the room, decorate it and have new carpets fitted tomorrow so when my son finishes school he'll come home to a lovely surprise. I'm actually going to video him when he goes into his room as his face will be priceless!

Wanted to make him feel uber special too. Theres been a lot of work gone into the nursery and I couldn't leave him out. :) xxx

LOL oh how things change after you have a child! now i get SOO excited to have a night out for dinner and a movie with my OH :) probably cause it only happens once every couple of months!

when i was pregnant with my first, we would go to friends houses and hang, take walks, play games, put puzzles together, stuff like that. just enjoy being together, cause very soon, 2 becomes three and you easily forget what it was like to be 2:)

yeah i love spending cosy nights in with my bf so i doubt when my lo arrives we will be going out much so i guess we will be just planning fun nights in :winkwink:

Well, most of our weekends have been pretty damn boring lol. We're trying to save money too so haven't been going out too much. I've gone out to a movie once by myself (my bf was at his buddy's having a few pints) and I teach fitness classes most Friday nights...yeehaw lol. This summer I'm hoping to hit a few outdoor live music venues and also hope to get to my bf's cottage before I get too big. Also have planned a girls weekend away the end of July. But that's about it...

yeah we have just been going cinema or sitting in renting dvds and chillin! gettin all the relaxin in while we can but now im just bored i want my lo here so bad :happydance:
have fun on your weekend away

I don't know about exciting.....but this weekend has been spent gutting my 8 year old sons room. He's been away at his dads this weekend, and my hubby and I decided to gut the room, decorate it and have new carpets fitted tomorrow so when my son finishes school he'll come home to a lovely surprise. I'm actually going to video him when he goes into his room as his face will be priceless!

Wanted to make him feel uber special too. Theres been a lot of work gone into the nursery and I couldn't leave him out. :) xxx

awh thats such a lovely idea!! he is going to love it! what a great mammy he has :happydance:

We used to go out, just business as usual (I don't mind not drinking and being around drunks, for the most part) but now I can't stand to be anywhere except my house so we do dinners at parents on the weekends but otherwise just hang, torture each other and watch reruns. I know, YAWN.

We took walks and went to the park before this nasty heat wave hit us. (It may climb to 38C tomorrow!!! Seriously!!!!???)

oh gosh, I am the QUEEN of nothing to do! Been on bed rest for 5 weeks, got another 7 to go is guess. Doctor said I can get out of bed at 34 weeks. BUt this is the second time I ahve done this but last time I was 2 months of ot in hospital. It was end of 2009 so I still have those plans to finsh!
So, craft, if your not interested, get interested... ever wanted to knit your own scarf? Make a beautfl hand made toy for the bubba to treasure for ever?
Books
Movies
A photo book - go online and find a company. Upload all your photos, add comments and send in. Last time I did books for my neices. This time is a book of my babies first year (3000 photos! got some culling to do) and we sisters wedding in Rarotonga.
Cook and freeze meals (that actually makes me happy!)
Go through cupboards and draws to tidy up things.
Go for afternoon strolls by your self or with hubby.
I guess these last things are things I do if I was allow out of bed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->