What do you class as CD1?

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm new to this area of the forum so be gentle with me :haha: I'm hoping to get to know everyone better and to start that off I've a question.

DD was a surprise baby so I'm totally new to the whole TTC side of things (that is also an indirect hint to expect more questions in the future:haha:)

A bit of background. I took my last pill on the 25th of May (2014) had my withdrawal bleed on the 27th, that lasted 7 days as normal (for being on the pill) didn't have a period then until the 27th September which again lasted 7 days (so finished 4th October). Going on standard 28 day cycle I (my app) predicted I'd be due on on the 25th of October.

I came on on the 24th so pretty accurate app guess but with this pattern

24th - brown spotting
25th - nothing
26th - pink spotting
27th - browny/pink spotting
28th - brown spotting/pink when wipe
29th - heavy brown
30th - heavy brown
31st - heavy red.

Now I'd been counting the 24th as CD1 but according to a friend who has a lot of experience in TTC thats not right.

So going from that what day would you count as CD1?

Thank you in advance :hugs:

From what i understand you count CD1 on the first day of the RED FLOW, so from looking at your dates its probably actually only today. Possibly yesterday.

I would consider the 29th as CD1 since its the first day of heavy flow.

I've always understood CD1 to be the 1st day of red flow, so I'd go with the 31st:flower:

Thank you ladies.

So much conflicting information! I guess that makes sense though as (and correct me if I'm wrong) isn't brown blood considered as old?

I'm in agreement with the heavy red flow, as that's the "expert" opinion I always seem to read. Also, I've been charting online and Fertility Friend always automatically assigns CD1 as the first day I note a heavy red flow. If I only mark as spotting, it continues my same cycle.

Yes brown blood is considered old, so your body has to get rid of that before it can start the more fresher lining - tmi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->