what do you do when your meals don't tie in with lo's?

LPF

Reaction score
I know it's the best to eat as a family but it never seems to transpire!

He has breakfast at 8am and I try to eat with him, but he prefers porridge, weetabix, yoghurt which I feed him and I can't feed us both as he gets annoyed if I stop!

He has lunch at 11.45/12 and then has to have a nap straight after and i'm just not hungry then. I prefer to eat my lunch when he's asleep when i'm hungry at about 1pm and I get to sit down for 20mins and have some peace!

He has his tea at 5pm before bath at 6pm and bed at 7pm. OH is usually coming home between 5 and 5.30 so we can't all eat together and I don't really want to eat my tea at 5pm, it's just too early. Also i'd never be able to cook for all of us and look after lo by myself as he's quite demanding at that stage of the day! Sometimes i'm only coming in from activities at 5 too.

What do you all do?

Its easier at the weekends and we always have sunday lunch together etc.

I was so stressed about this when lo started weaning, but now I just go with the flow, i think at this age altho eating together would be good, if you just can't do it I think sitting together at the table and talking is good enough. we have breakfast separately as she won't let me stop feeing her but lunch we eat together and tea we do if we can (depending on what time oh gets in), if I can't for a particular reason I tend to just have a healthy snack with her (which she usually ends up eating most of lol), xx

We don't have any meals together really, apart from if we're at moms as she'll usually feed Callum while the rest of us eat or if we've got people over then he'll sit at the table and have his while we all eat.

When we're at home alone Callum will have breakfast and I don't usually eat it, dinner time he'll have before his sleep and i'll have it when he's asleep and tea time he'll have before OH gets home so we'll have ours after. I think when he's a bit older we'll eat together then when he's properly feeding himself and I don't have to help to feed him xx

i eat some meals with katie, usually if shes having the same as me for tea/dinner. today we had cheese on toast for dinner and ate at the same time but most of the time i have tea after she goes to bed as its just easier because im on my own most of the time.

We went to BLW and switched to an early dinner. With BLW, you never need to worry about needing to feed them and then feed yourself after. Once we did that, we ate all 3 meals as a family and have done so ever since.

On my work days Ruby has to eat tea separately, as we're not home til 6.45pm which is too late, so she has tea with either my mum or the childminder.
Otherwise we all eat early. I much prefer us all eating together, Ruby eats 100% better and will only try new things then.
Ruby has always self fed cereal, with her hands. Just don't put very much milk on it!

We sometimes eat breakfast together if we're lucky. I'm not worried about this until she's a little older to be honest.

We don't have room for a dining table in our flat - we aall eat in the front room, so straight away it's not good! I usually sit next to Scarlett in her highchair whether I'm eating or not and chat to her, so even if we don't eat at the same time she still sees it as a bit of a family thing :)

I eat my breakfast and lunch with Jessica but not dinner as she has it at 4pm, and OH doesnt get home until 5.30 so I have no other option as we go and pick him up. Even on weekends, 4pm is far too early for us to have dinner...we normally wait until she goes to bed at 6.15pm. But Im sure this will change as she gets older :flower:

I tend to make Jessicas dinner either early afternoon ish or batch cook on weekends and freeze her meals so Im not spending all my day in the kitchen.

we are blw and always eat together, including hubby when he's home. hayden has a milk feed in the late afternoon, and teatime is flexible, depending what time we are all home. breakfast and lunch hayden and i eat together, and at the weekends hubby has breakfast with him while i have a shower without worrying about him. i can't imagine having to prepare his meal, feed him it, then have to do mine / ours. there just aren't enough hours in the day!

I feed LO in her highchair but we dont eat at the same times apart from I might have a yogurt while I feed her lunch. She has lunch at 12pm and dinner at 5pm and we have our dinner when she is in bed at between 7.30pm and 8pm. As LO gets older we will try to eat all together but at the moment OH doesnt get in from work usually till 6pm or later.

we BLW and dont have meals at the same time.

i dont eat breakfast it makes me sick, and OH is in bed when LO has breakfast, i still sit with him and sing and talk about what hes doing/eating.

lunch we all eat together

dinner is a lot earlier for LO (5-6pm) then us (8-9pm). dinner is later for us because its a case of when my husband gets his lunch break and when my roommate gets home from his work. again i sit with him, and talk to him and we have fun and make a lot of mess!

it hasnt affected how he eats, hes a super eater! and hes a very confident eater. he finishes all his food and sometimes asks for more.

That's good to hear I'm not the only one!

I try and eat a bit with him especially at lunch when he has finger foods like bread and fruit slices but I just can't make myself eat a meal so early when I'm not hungry and lo can't eat later or he's too tired.

I'm sure it will get better as he gets older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->