What do you do while waiting for baby?

immy11

Reaction score
I finished work last week, since then I've had my baby shower, had lunch with friends everyday and bought heaps of unnessesararly expensive baby clothes.. Well that's a few days down, now what!?!
Today is my first day of nothing so the whole house is clean washing is done, its only 1:00pm! So I'm watching Juno lol.. I don't know what I'm going to do for the next 7 weeks!
If your not working, what do you ladies do to pass the time?

Well I'm guessing this is your first? I spend all of my hours chasing and entertaining my 1 yr old. Exhausting.
The waiting game is hard, hope you can find stuff to pass the time. :) i

Haha yes it's my first, I'm definatly not complaining lol.. I will never be in this situation again next time ill be chasing after a little one too. So I guess I better learn to relax!

I am so jealous! I will have to work till my delivery, my house is filthy, nothing is prepared or washed. I am in panic.

Ah yes, I guessed you didn't have any little one running around. As for passing the time, read lots of books ( quiet reading time won't be too abundant when little one comes along). Get a pool membership. Will cool you down in the summer, and being in the water will feel comfortable for your growing bump, as long as youre ok with being preggo in a swim suit( I wouldn't care, but maybe some women would). Hmm what else could you do? Walk around nice local parks..... Walking is good exercise, will help baby come down for the approaching labor, and you can scout out good places to take little one to when they are old enough.... hope this gave you some ideas :)

Hm just read my post, see you're in Australia. It's summertime right now in Chicago, but the thought just occurred that it might not be hot down there.... What season is it there? Ha.... I'm curious!

Yes it's winter here so freezing! No swimming for me but I will be doing lots of walking, that's a great idea looking around for places to take baby :) I should gets some books on my kindle too, thanks.

Im glad I got everything done a few weeks ago when I had bursts of energy. Now, being so close to my due date I can barely get off the couch, and have energy at all. So, i suggest you get everything ready for baby now!

Yes I think I should get everything ready for baby because I can barley move now so ill probably be glued to the couch by 38 weeks, hopefully not too much longer for you jcliff!

Monday was my first day of maternity and before i finished work i was so tired so literally had soooo much cleaning to do, iv attempted to clean a room a day but with it being sunny for the first time in ages in scotland i decided id rather see the sun so have been outside walking and sitting for the past few days, its day 3 and not looking sunny today so il get on with the housework now.

I have actually a large list-
Clean all rooms from top to bottom
wash all baby clothes
wash cloth nappies
Reorganise all my drawers so things have a home
Do 2nd coat of paint on a wardrobe for babys room
batch cook
relax
have long baths and enjoy being off
see friends on days there off work
i have 2 more antenatal classes
and theres acrually more haha

If I didn't have a 3 year old to entertain, I would cook, read, listen to and maybe play some music, watch movies, go for walks, do some craft, meet up with friends, and sleep in ALOT! Probably do as much baby organising as possible and cleaning too. I try to do most of that anyway with my DD helping or entertaining herself somehow, it's just always in snatches. Enjoy mama you'll never get that much time off again!!

This is my first baby.

I have been on mat leave for a couple of weeks already. So far I have:

-shopped for the baby
-grocery shopping
-had lunch with my mum a few times
-gone into the city to meet a friend during her lunch break
-got my hair done at the hairdresser
-got my eyebrows done at the beauticians
-read this forum
-baked a cake
-visited my friend and her son a few times
-gardening
-read baby books
-applied for paid parental leave
-gone on walks

I try to walk for an hour a day around my neighbourhood. I also have been running errands such as going to the bank and post office.

I get really bored if I am at home for a whole day so I try to go out and do things as much as possible.

I got made redundant last week so am on mat leave slightly earlier than planned!
So far i'v cleaned all the bedrooms (monday) done every last bit of washing and ironing (yesterday) and todays job is the lounge and the kitchen. I need a job for each day otherwise i'l try and do it all in one day and be bored the rest of the time!
I figured as ds is in nursery for 3 days i'd get all my jobs done and then i can spend the next 2 doing fun things with him :)
Xx

This is my last week at work, and this is what I plan to do with my maternity leave:

- See friends (I have a few friends who don't work full time who I really need to catch up with!)
- Wash all of babies things and put them away
- Pack my hospital bag
- Shop for the remaining items on our baby list (we still need blankets, a baby monitor and quite a few other bits)
- Make the curtains for the nursery
- Make the bumpers for the cot bed
- Make Hubbie's surprise prezzie for when baby comes (I'm making him an 'Our Adventure Book' photo album/scrapbook for him to keep pictures and memento's of things he does with baby in their first year)
- Make the mobile for babies room
- Potter in the garden, especially around the strawberries!
- Bake, there are quite a few recipes I'd like to try out while I have the time
- Go for walks around the nature reserve near us
- Meet Hubbie in town for lunch sometimes
- Go swimming
- Go to the breastfeeding cafe to meet and chat to the Mums there
- Clean the house really thoroughly

It's quite a long list actually! Makes me glad that we're not one of those couples who had EVERYTHING bought and ready for baby by 25 weeks, otherwise I probably would be getting bored.... also quite a few of my things are crafty projects which should keep me busy but aren't strenuous, prefect for maternity leave :)

I finished work 8 weeks ago and spent the 1st 4 weeks lazing around on the sofa because I was totally exhausted from moving house & working long hours. The next 3 weeks were catching up with a couple of friends for lunch, buying the baby stuff we hadn't bought yet.

I'm now 40+3 and am slowing down, so I have began researching our baby's christening which may sound a little mad but it distracts me from thinking about all the things that could go wrong during labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->