What do you do with spare disposables?

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
Just wondering...

If you ever use disposables when travelling/whatever, but haven't finished them and won't be travelling again while your LO will fit them, what do you do? Do you use them up anyway, chuck them out, give them away, eBay, car boot...?

I don't want to use mine but don't know anyone to give them to and feel it's unethical to throw them out unused. Wondering if there'd be a charitable organisation that'd accept them - anyone know?

:)

I'd probably keep them in case we have another baby, but I find it really hard to get rid of stuff... the flat is stuffed full of things I'm keeping just in case!

When Leyla was born, she was bigger than we expected so a lot of clothes we had didn't fit. My mum said to offer them to the midwife so she could give them to somebody who needed them. I didn't actually do that (I'm keeping them just in case!) but maybe you could ask your health visitor if she can use them next time you see her? I bet they have people run out of nappies at baby clinic sometimes.

How about taking them down to your local nursery or social services? Also places like sure start could probably need them and if not the hospital as i'm sure they would be greatful of them, i had to use sposies when mr h was newborn in hospital and i just left what i didn't use there and they were very greatful.
HTH x

I would give them to charity or sell them in a little bundle for just P&P,

the newborn ones i have for the very start i got either given or i got for just P&P on here, It does help when your tight on money like myself.

Any i have left i might give to the hospital or do a little bundle of newborn clothes and nappies and sell on.

I had lots left over when I was living in Oxford, half I gave to the NICU and the bigger sizes a girl took to her local church, think they were packaging them up for mums on low income.

Thanks ladies, would like to give them to someone who really needs them so think I'll call round some places and see who'll take them, maybe Salvation Army or a church nearby.

:)

ooh i was thinking this, i have half a pack left over from when bug had bum rash and dont wanna use them but dont wanna chuck them!!! might ask sure start if they know of anywhere :)

I keep mine for next baby :) If i wasnt having another i'd give them to friends, or people at baby group.

I do use disposables but Holly grew out of first size before we had used them all up (everyone seemed to think we would need a pack of nappies,lol) so I gave the half pack to my sons school for the children to role play with dolls.

so pleased i didnt give mine away just yet, we are back in them for today - the dreaded Bum rash is back :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->