What do you do with your little girls hair?

nicki01

Reaction score
Im really stuck!

I dont want her to have a fringe, i had one and hated it my whole childhood! I want her to eventually have a side parted bob!

Problem is her hair is mega thin and has no length at the back, and is thicker (not very thick) but grows from the crown straight over the front of her head and is down over her eyes! Ive been trying to train the hair to grow in a side parting by using little bands to put it in side parted pig tails but all this week she wont wear them. Just rips them out, hair included half the time!!

My little girls hair is similar. She used to have a full fringe which she looked so cute in but it grew to fast for me to keep up with lol. So now its grew out enough and i clip it to the side. It does still get in her eyes a lot so iv decided to take her to the hair dressers for her birthday and get a side fringe cut in properly, im hoping this will help xx

Rosalies hair is the EXACT same it just keeps growing forward. I got the hairdresser to check her crown to see what kind of parting she needed i still have to spray leave in leave in conditioner and leave bobbles in until it gets some length to it. my dd used to pull bobbles out too but i perserved now she leaves them x

i trained my LO's hair with pigtails because it was just growing forward as well. i have to use the tiny little rubber band ones though because she pulls everything else out

Lol I kinda wish I could post pictures of what I do with lyssa's hair :) I would def persevere with the bobbles and clips- or headbands- Lyssa used to be the same. Now she will sit and let me do whatever I want so long as I take a pic of the finished result. She likes all the attention her hair gets I think?
Can't figure out how to post pics x

Awe- I can't do anything with my LO's hair yet. Not long enough- maybe by the time she's 3yrs? LOL. I was hopeful for 2yrs-- but that seems a loss ;) I do occasionally put a little bit of hair cream to keep the after bath curls- but that's all I can do.

Not sure what a fringe is? My besties LO had long hair in the front that was always in her face, so she finally cut bangs- it's super cute. Especially when she has piggies in or a little sprout bun on the top ;)

Im really stuck!

I dont want her to have a fringe, i had one and hated it my whole childhood! I want her to eventually have a side parted bob!

Problem is her hair is mega thin and has no length at the back, and is thicker (not very thick) but grows from the crown straight over the front of her head and is down over her eyes! Ive been trying to train the hair to grow in a side parting by using little bands to put it in side parted pig tails but all this week she wont wear them. Just rips them out, hair included half the time!!

Sounds like the exact same hair my lo has, i did trim all her hair myself some time back and its grew rly well, and now has some length to the back, and the hair you describe as all coming forward from the crown, i justside part it, i use hair clips either side to keep it out of her face, now the fringe has grew out and because i tamedit with clips it now stays that way, so with a bit of time taming it you will cheive it the way you want it to go, now i can put her hair in bunhes and the grown out fringe fits in nicely.

Im really stuck!

My daughters hair is the same. We are growing it out long, and to keep it out of her face I just keep sweeping it to the side and sometimes I put a hair clip in it. She sometimes pulls it out, sometimes doesn't. I just keep putting it in her hair. Eventually it will grow longer and we won't have this issue. Maybe you could try something like that? My daughter is only 1 though, so it is probably different than yours if she is older.

Fringe is the UK's way of saying bangs in North America.

I've been putting it in a ponytail and clipping it up since she was 2 months old. And I mean a proper ponytail not a silly one on top of her head with about 2 strands of hair.....

It's now long enough to just sweep behind her ears.

I've recently started doing more with Nancy's hair as she is getting some length though it's still quite fine and baby-like. I use a clip to sweep it off her face a bit, put some up in a small ponytail or do pigtails (using all of her hair or just some) She used to pull clips and bobbles out all the time but I just put them back in and she seems to be OK with them now, most of the time! :thumbup:

DDs is exactly the same! It's only just gettin a bit of length on it so its in a side part with 2 ponies or one bobble holds the fringe back out of her face!

It's definitely a case of training the hair!

This is what dd is like

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 23
Emily has her daddies hair line which sucks balls, and she also has two coo's licks at her crown, which also sucks balls! Cant do much with it and she never keeps clasps or bobbles or pins in, so im just brushing and leaving!

IMG_0804.jpg

My little one is the same for pulling everything out, she is that bad she will rip her hair out if she has too. What makes it worse is she has very fine hair like her daddy, but very curly like her mummy. It's almost impossible to brush it because she never sits still long enough and squeals when i have to get the cots out. Nowadays i just brush and leave, but thinking i will need to use rubber bands when she goes to nursery in September.

Madi has always had lots of hair, I actually make cips and bobbles etc so she's always got something wacky in, but I'd say if I were you I would try and clip it back from her face in the side parting your talking about.

Sophie does have a fringe and long hair with ringlets. I either put two French plaits in, or a ponytail, leave it all loose, clip each side back (which looks beautiful as it goes extra ringlety where it's clipped back) or just clip a section back at one side but not the whole side, I leave it over her ear but clip a bit back from the front, if that makes sense. She used to hate anything in her hair but is getting much more tolerant. x

if you post a pic of your daughters hair hun to give an idea of length- i might be able to come up with a more creative way of keeping it out of her way? maybe a few flips?- they'd be difficult for her to get out but wouldnt hurt.

im pretty good with hair. (karli has seen pics lol)
lyssa today had her hair in two lace braid pull-backs crossed into a side pony. finished off with one of karli's clips. so let me know if you want some ideas x

I cut my los fringe recently as more practical for me with her hair. Before that it was either take front and twist and clip at top of her head. Now we do pig tails most of time. My lo has ringlet curls. It was awquid length at front and she isnt fond of clips which is why we ended up with fringe. We will probably grow it out before she starts school though. The brush back and twist at top does work well as she tends to leave clip alone though

Thanks for all your suggestions!
I keep trying with the clips and also with tiny elastic bands but she just drags them out including half her hair if she has too!

Ive found some pics! One of what it sits like if i wash it and leave it to fall by itself (excuse her morning pic eating breakfast lol) and the other is what ive been doing with it before she started pulling the bands out! Ive also put in a picture of the back!
As of now im stumped as she wont even let me brush it! Just runs away screaming!

https://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/scuuby/IMG_1189_zps78e097cb.jpg

https://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/scuuby/IMG_1307_zpsfb7f93b7.jpg

https://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/scuuby/IMG_1240_zpsa5323a40.jpg

Thank you Siyren, if you have any ideas they would be much appreciated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->