What do you do with your little girls hair?

aww, my little girl is the same. I just bought some little hair clips and clip it to one side out of her eyes. She is fussy with hats and things so I wasn't confident it would work, but it's been absolutley fine (and she looks too cute with her little clips in too)

Thanks for all your suggestions!
I keep trying with the clips and also with tiny elastic bands but she just drags them out including half her hair if she has too!

Ive found some pics! One of what it sits like if i wash it and leave it to fall by itself (excuse her morning pic eating breakfast lol) and the other is what ive been doing with it before she started pulling the bands out! Ive also put in a picture of the back!
As of now im stumped as she wont even let me brush it! Just runs away screaming!

https://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/scuuby/IMG_1189_zps78e097cb.jpg

https://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/scuuby/IMG_1307_zpsfb7f93b7.jpg

https://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/scuuby/IMG_1240_zpsa5323a40.jpg

Thank you Siyren, if you have any ideas they would be much appreciated!!

hey hun, to get her to let you do her hair i'd let her play with stuff you reserve just for that (a personal favourite of lyssa's used to be the water spray that i used on her hair- these days she just sits and watched tv while i do her hair).

looking at her hair i'd either lace braid the top in a headband style if you can convince her to sit still and pin it back (if you elastic it and then clip it back with an allgiator clip she'll prob just leave it when she's got the alligator clip out)

if you dont think she'll sit still long enough to braid it- then i'd do the style you were doing before but flip it (you can pic topsy tail tools up on ebay for practically nothing) that way the band is hidden under her hair and i's a bit harder for her to get out.

if neither of those work then i'd just get a baby headband and keep putting it back in.

hope atleast one of those helps- you can add me on fb if you want? ive only recently started photographing lyssa's hair when ive done it but i can do

french braids
dutch braids
lace braids
waterfall braids
various twists
flips,
4 stranded braids
5 stranded braids

other stuff too lol- thats just off the top of my head.

No suggstions im afraid, as my dds hair is a joke. Its short and curly and just ridiculous. It makes no differenc if I wet comb it, brush it, leave it etc... its always the same but its not long enough to do anything with. Here it is after a typical morning :)

https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/may%202013/20130528_093250_zps4723e328.jpg

Thanks for all your suggestions!
I keep trying with the clips and also with tiny elastic bands but she just drags them out including half her hair if she has too!

Ive found some pics! One of what it sits like if i wash it and leave it to fall by itself (excuse her morning pic eating breakfast lol) and the other is what ive been doing with it before she started pulling the bands out! Ive also put in a picture of the back!
As of now im stumped as she wont even let me brush it! Just runs away screaming!

Thank you Siyren, if you have any ideas they would be much appreciated!!
Wow, that could be a pic of my lo's hair! It's pretty much identical :flower:

I don't want to cut a fringe in either, we just tend to use one or two bendy/snappy clips to hold her fringe to the side in the hopes it's going to 'train' her hair. She didn't like them to start with either and kept trying to pull them out, but we persevered and she seemed to get used to them. I found the trick was to anticipate when she was going to try to pull them out and try to get them un-clipped in time! I've started putting side ponytails and bunches in too now she has more length on the top and they seem to work - she likes looking at her hair in the front facing camera on my phone when it's been done.

Thank you so much siyren. I will have a go at what you said, I would add you on fb but I don't have it!!

Off to you tube lace braid now lol! I was never a hair girl! Only now all I do is straighten it! Need to get up on these hair styles and hope in time she lets me play!

No worries Hun- a lace braid is like a French braid but you only take hair from one side. So it twists xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->